** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World Championships 2024 (inc QFs)

Jiahui hit 1 century against Mertens (and a 98). He then hit 2 centuries in his final Q match. Williams hit 2 centuries in his final win over Ronnie and 3 in the semi-final win over Allen. I can't see Williams hitting less than 2 and I think both hitting 2 is a good shout.

5pts M.Williams over 1.5 centuries 4/5 Bet365
2pts both players to hit over 1.5 centuries (Williams v Jiahui) 7/2 Paddypower

Think I’m going with the centuries in the Ronnie match. End of the day we’ll either get the Ronnie who smashes it and hits multiple centuries or the one that just hits it about and then Page may chip in.

4pts 4 or more centuries 11/8 Skybet 
2pts both to hit 2+ centuries 6/1 Paddypower

47 minutes ago, Fader said:

Is it too early to say that page is bottling it?

No. Complete bottle job. He's missed almost everything he's played and he's had chances in every frame. And 4-0 down. If it's not a bottle job then I don't know what is. It makes me wonder what's gone through his head - beaten before the first break-off. Surely what you do is remind yourself of some of Ronnie's poor first matches down the years and then that gives you the confidence to believe you can give him a match. The first thing I'd have done is shown Page the O'Sullivan - Cahill match where Cahill won and then from there the mindset should have been if Cahill can do then so can I.

Finally he's on the board and the break of 142 and the way he compiled it just confirms he was bottling it before. If he'd played like that from the start then we'd have a match. As it is it's game over. O'Sullivan isn't losing from 6-1 up.

2 hours ago, charliepie said:

Ronnie looks like he's taking it seriously this year so hopefully will have a good run and maybe bag his eighth title. Si or Jackpot in the 1/4's then Trump in the semis and Maguire/Wilson/Allen in the final?

Murphy might go on a run either, I'd make him slight favourite against Maguire, and I wouldn't rule out a run right the way to the final if he keeps his head together. 

23 hours ago, amity said:

Murphy might go on a run either, I'd make him slight favourite against Maguire, and I wouldn't rule out a run right the way to the final if he keeps his head together. 

I'd have him as a big fav against Maguire personally. Murphy is 2nd in pot accuracy (After Ronnie)

1 minute ago, Fader said:

I'd have him as a big fav against Maguire personally. Murphy is 2nd in pot accuracy (After Ronnie)

Agree. Maguire is flaky as anything and is liable to have a sulk at some point if things aren't going his way.

I'm going to take a bet on the 3 favs over the next couple of days. I think Jak Jones looked quite nervous in his last match and I think Jiahui will improve going forward, too. As I said above, I think Murphy beats Maguire without too much fuss and Lisowski beat Ding, who played some great stuff. Ding hit 2 centuries and 7 50+ breaks and he still got the better of him. I think he'll beat Bingham.

2pts Jiahui, Murphy and Lisowski 5/2 Paddypower

I've already taken Gilbert on a handicap against Milkins but I'm surprised that the -3.5 is on offer at 4/5. He is already -1.5 and Milkins was lucky to go 5-3 instead of 6-2 when he tried a double and everything worked out for him, with reds on the cushions. Milkins was awful yesterday and far too attacking. I can see Gilbert extending his lead.

5pts Gilbert (-3.5) to beat Milkins 4/5 Bet365

1 hour ago, Fader said:

I've already taken Gilbert on a handicap against Milkins but I'm surprised that the -3.5 is on offer at 4/5. He is already -1.5 and Milkins was lucky to go 5-3 instead of 6-2 when he tried a double and everything worked out for him, with reds on the cushions. Milkins was awful yesterday and far too attacking. I can see Gilbert extending his lead.

5pts Gilbert (-3.5) to beat Milkins 4/5 Bet365

I took Gilbert at 1.83 yesterday -3.5, but watching this in could be a helluva lot more between them at the end. Commentators mention Milkins has a sore neck, which you can see is bothering him. Really doesn't look comfortable at all out there at the moment 

Edited by chris666

32 minutes ago, chris666 said:

I took Gilbert at 1.83 yesterday -3.5, but watching this in could be a helluva lot more between them at the end. Commentators mention Milkins has a sore neck, which you can see is bothering him. Really doesn't look comfortable at all out there at the moment 

noticed yesterday he was pulling all sorts of faces. He did say that he hasn't been working as hard this year and he's had issues with drinking in the past. Who knows what is going on behind closed doors. Guy never looks happy, to me.

32 minutes ago, Fader said:

noticed yesterday he was pulling all sorts of faces. He did say that he hasn't been working as hard this year and he's had issues with drinking in the past. Who knows what is going on behind closed doors. Guy never looks happy, to me.

Yeah, looks like he'd rather be at home than playing snooker, tbh!

58 minutes ago, chris666 said:

Yeah, looks like he'd rather be at home than playing snooker, tbh!

I reckon if you said to him shall we not bother this evening that he would take it. Come in, in the evening, for basically one or two frames. Games gone.

1 hour ago, amity said:

There's also Si who's playing like a headless chicken, making Jones look accomplished. 🤦‍♂️🙈

Can't say I fancied Si to win this at all, but when looking at the odds pre match, they put me right off! Should've gone with my first instinct!

4 hours ago, chris666 said:

Can't say I fancied Si to win this at all, but when looking at the odds pre match, they put me right off! Should've gone with my first instinct!

still early days

10 hours ago, charliepie said:

Painful watching, how did he beat Willo last round? Jak should have gone 9-3 up which would probably have been match over but somehow it's finished 9-7 overnight. Anything could happen tomorrow if the standard continues like this.

lol, yeah it was really bad. So nervy. Bet Trump is shivering over the prospect of the winner

16 minutes ago, Fader said:

I just have a feeling that Murphy and Jiahui will find a way to win, still.

Maguire is playing better than I've seen him before, but I'd prefer Murphy to go through, as previously stated, he likes a sulk when things go awry!

Maguire really doesn't like Murphy so he'll have to play no-miss snooker to claw back from 6-10 down. Trump has got an easy bye to the semis where surely Ronnie awaits. In the top half I'd like Dave to play John again in the semis and avenge his 17-16 loss from a few years back!

He could easily pull away from 5-3, the middle session could be decisive. Jackpot's been awful, should be 9-7 up but again all is not lost and he could make a comeback. I hope Joe makes a match of it tonight against the in-form Kyren.