** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Naps - Wednesday 13th March

How many time are you going to allow odds on shots on a naps table?

It has become a joke, guys putting up 1/3 shots to win a lousy 20 quid. month after month

How mush skill does it take to find the shortest price fav of the day and post it?

That's not tipping it's taking the xxxx A simple solution to stop it..no odds on shots at time of selection.

also I notice guys not posting because they can't lose unless they do and their selections get beat.

What if we all had the attitude?....."I can't win so I am not posting"

1 hour ago, Fist2k8 said:

How many time are you going to allow odds on shots on a naps table?

It has become a joke, guys putting up 1/3 shots to win a lousy 20 quid. month after month

How mush skill does it take to find the shortest price fav of the day and post it?

That's not tipping it's taking the xxxx A simple solution to stop it..no odds on shots at time of selection.

also I notice guys not posting because they can't lose unless they do and their selections get beat.

What if we all had the attitude?....."I can't win so I am not posting"

Just in case you are unclear on the concept, 

"In horse racing, or greyhound racing, the term 'nap' is used to signify the selection that a tipster considers has the best chance of winning on a specific day or at a specific meeting on a specific day"

Maybe take your argument up with the Racing Posts nap table too .

49 minutes ago, roger2256 said:

Tut tut, 9/2 ew simply will not do 

The irony of someone putting up a 9/2 shot each way while complaining about other people putting up odds on shots is remarkable! The bet would barely break even if it placed.

While I get that it's a contentious subject, any logic that leads to one being opposed to odds on shots would take a similar dim view about marginal place returns being counted as a winner. We'd have to either ban each way bets or stipulate that the minimum return has to be at least double the total stake.

The discussion has been done to death. The conclusion is "if it ain't broke..." and there's insufficient consensus among the grumblers to justify changing things in what is, let's remember, a free competition that no-one is forced to enter if it offends their sensibilities. 

As I've said before, wherever there are rules relating to minimum odds/selections etc. some people will operate at the limits of those rules as a perfectly reasonable strategy and other people will complain that it's not fair and suggest the rules should be changed to be more in line with their own approach.

It strikes me as a particularly ill-timed gripe when Mr Clarke is running the Cheltenham comp on top of doing the usual "day job".

Also, a quick look back at the last 3 "Most Winners" comps shows 7 different people occupying a top 3 slot (so not always "the usual suspects") and the lowest ROI was 34.13%. Might as well ask "how much skill does it take to achieve a 34% ROI" in terms of a valid argument. There's no more (or less) validity in carping at short prices than there is in being critical of people putting up huge priced selections in the last couple of days to try and nick the "most profit" prize. You'll never please everyone but I don't think we do too bad a job with the competitions on here.

Edited by harry_rag
Comments in italics added