Racing Chat - Saturday July 22nd

4 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

I think that's a fantastic price ....top 3 look particularly strong so I'll be surprised if one of them doesn't go close ....so has to be good value at that....Good luck ...... I don't mind drifters it just means you get a better price lol 😆 

Was beaten a head in race last year & arrived here in form but didn't run well , mistake 2 out cost a possible place but horse looked knackered tbf .

Jeez thought I'd picked savethelastdance on a bad day, what a finish, had me sweating, double with Dutch decoy and treble with Al aasy and relief rally.

Commanche falls win

Decent day so far.

Also went with safe bet (luckily enough) with born famous and Sobegrand (MR 1625), funnily I'd stuck my £10 fb from virgin on lezoo so got pulled and done this double, have this horse as a loser also on my paddy power beat the drop, on 10/15, so if it loses I can cash out for £160, if it wins my double comes up for £90, with total wins around £250 if it does.

See Coral have changed bet bundle, can't buy both now, only 1 choice, meh. 

Edit - just checked my maths not great  Paddy Power is on 12/15, so can guarantee £312.  Four answers from £5k, but think I'll just cash in, lol.

Edited by fd1972uk
Wrong info

Emily Dickinson

Win

The curragh 4:20

everything is in her favour and main question is is she good enough.

Rossacarberry the big danger and dirt tracker young Ireland should be backed to place only where bookies allow extra places.

cartmel

Rachael Blackmore rides for Ryan potter.

This is her third ride here so perhaps her best chance of a win!!

4:35POST NO BILLS'

win

Edited by sporting sam

26 minutes ago, calva decoy said:

Was beaten a head in race last year & arrived here in form but didn't run well , mistake 2 out cost a possible place but horse looked knackered tbf .

Grounds gone bad .....frankly de berlais just didn't turn up ....and 2 of my horses later are non runners .....never good ....prob shock results now 

curragh 4:55

Democracy
win

Neo smart 

each way 

democracy

has had a tough old time since winning maiden here over course and distance. Heavy ground is justwhat is needed on handicap debut. Drops out of group class now. Gives weight away but could well win easily if turning up in the right mood. Neo smart was touched offhere in April by a good horse on heavy ground and rates a big danger
neo smart returns placed at   
12/1 for fourth place.

Edited by sporting sam

7 hours ago, sporting sam said:

Cartmel

Kinbara 

To win by 10+ lengths @ evens.

very smart gelding who is a winning pointer, has run in three bumpers including a grade 1 at Liverpool.

Wide margin winner of a maiden hurdle at Wexford faces three rivals here , two who seem weak and a Gordon Elliott winning pointer who rates the main danger jeepydoff meel.
kinbara the only runner confirmed to get the trip under rules and should be ok in the heavy conditions running downhill at the finish.

a little green over the hurdles, but good speed on the ground and looks set for novice fencing next year.
Long odds on, so the winning distance bet the only way in.

Kinbara won @ Evs on the distance bet even though a massive odds on favourite.

Emily Dickinson 

ran out a comfortable winner 

SNAFIYA won readily

Atrium won in a dead heat 

Ensel du perche

was a game winner at Perth.

Edited by sporting sam

9 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Posted up an L15 and Acca on the Daily for 2 pts

Phewww! @richard-westwood's gone to town today with his selections. I truly hope he has a good day

I have backed them as follows:

3.15 M/R Franckly De Berlais 2 pts win at 6.8, La Domaniale 1 pt ew at 14/1 6p, Presentandcounting 1 pt ew at 20/1 6p

3.35 Nb Relief Rally 1 pt win at 2.46 and Son Of Corballis 1 pt win at 9.2

5.05 Rip Spirit Catcher 2 pts win at 5.5. Carolus Magnus 1 p ew at 20/1 5p and Copper And Five 1 p ew at 20/1 5p

5.25 Nm final Watch 2 pt win at 3/1 with Betfred, Nizaaka 1 pt ew at 12/1 with Bet365 and Meisher 1 pt ew at 25/1 4 p Skybet

Total stakes = 22 points today

Tough day.  Franckly ran no race, Spirit Catcher got carried out by a riderless horse and Final Watch ran a crap race too. Plus we had 3 non-runners.  Fortunately, I got paid for 5th place on Copper and Five.  After all that, I feel quite relieved to have only lost 7.07 points ( I forgot to back Meisher for a place).  This makes my RW Growth fund balance 232.95 (200 pt bank).  I could still place 12 points on the next event.  Can't wait for @richard-westwood's next events(s) selections.

My RC MTD is +27.49 and YTD profit is 46.03