** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Predictions > Jun 10th

uclodds.jpg

The 2022/23 UEFA Champions League Final is now scheduled. It will see Premier League club Manchester City play Serie A side Inter Milan. Everyone is looking at City to get the job done as heavy favourites here but is it as cut and dry as the odds suggest? Are there any Inter backers out there? Give us your bets for the big game below! :ok

• 3 weeks later...

Seen a reasonable shout for Haaland headed goal or headed SoT at the best prices (unfortunately for me with PP). 10/1 to score a header and 11/4 to get one on target.

Gone down to 5/2 with Sky Bet for the headed SoT and had a small amount on 2 or more at 16/1. Will do for the "interest" portfolio. 7 of his 36 league goals were headers and Inter regarded as susceptible to aerial threat.

Also taken the 4/1 Gundogan to score (void if not starting) with 365 though can't be sure it won't be bigger nearer the time. Very much "hot" at the moment, scored in 3 of his last 10 starts (all braces) and 5 of his last 20. Does tail off a bit after that (6 in last 30 and still only 6 in last 40). But it strikes me as a reasonable price for him overall.

21 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Also taken the 4/1 Gundogan to score (void if not starting) with 365 though can't be sure it won't be bigger nearer the time. Very much "hot" at the moment, scored in 3 of his last 10 starts (all braces) and 5 of his last 20. Does tail off a bit after that (6 in last 30 and still only 6 in last 40). But it strikes me as a reasonable price for him overall.

Cut to 10/3 now so not looking like too bad a call. The RP tip Brozovic to be shown a card at 13/8 but can be backed at 2/1 or more in a couple of places. He was booked in 9 of his 25 starts for Inter this season so maybe worth a bet at a price significantly better than that at which the RP were willing to tip him. He's the favourite in the card minutes market with the spread firms as well, being 24 to buy at best.

Manchester City vs Inter

Manchester City, buoyed by their previous result, will be hoping for more of the same after a 2-1 FA Cup success vs Manchester United. In that match, Manchester City managed 60% possession and 11 shots at goal, with 5 of them on target. Therefore, the Citizens won the major cup competition in England and celebrated the double after winning the Premier League. However, their campaign is not over yet, and Pep Guardiola and the lads want to reach the most valuable trophy in European football. Ahead of this clash, there’s just the lone fitness concern for Manchester City coach Pep Guardiola to be concerned with from an otherwise fully-primed set of players. Zack Steffen (Knee Surgery) is out of contention. Benjamin Mendy is ineligible for this match because of suspension.

Inter will come into the match following on from a 1-0 Serie A win with the downing of Torino in their previous game. In that clash, Inter managed 59% possession and 14 attempts at goal, with 4 of them on target. Inter finished the Serie A campaign in 3rd place, but they won Coppa Italia after beating Fiorentina in the finals. Over the course of their previous half-dozen clashes, Inter have bagged a tally of 12 goals. The Nerazzuri have been in excellent form lately, winning 11 times on the last 12 occasions in all competitions. Inter boss Simone Inzaghi has to choose from a squad that has some fitness concerns. Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Hamstring Injury), Joaquín Correa (Calf Injury), and Dalbert (Cruciate Ligament Injury) won’t be making appearances.

Full-Time Winner Odds & Prediction                                                                            

Manchester City has been unstoppable in 2023, and they’ve won every important game so far this year. Although we shouldn’t underestimate Inter since they have experience of winning this competition, we don’t think the Citizens will repeat the same mistake as two years ago. Therefore, we believe Manchester City will celebrate in Istanbul on Wednesday evening.

Goals Market Prediction

Inter should be focused mostly on counter-attacks, and we expect Manchester City to dictate the tempo. However, the Nerazzurri failed to score only once in the last 17 games, and we don’t think either team will keep a clean sheet. 

Manchester City to Win @ 1.50

BTTS Yes @ 1.95

Correct score 3:1 @ 12.00

i fancy inter to win in extra time city have never been champions of europe and that will weight heavy on there shoulders tonight aswell as being heavy favourites  ' inter have been champions of europe 3 times most recently  in 2010 under jose mourinho ' city are sure have the majority of the ball but inter are very good on the counter attack barella mkhitataryan martinez are a huge threat going forward calhanoglu set piece delivery from corners and free kicks will be crucial id pick lukaku over dzeko as lukaku can run in behind citys defence and has the physical  presence to make a nuisance  of himself if inter can take haaland out if the game then citys other major threat is in the wide areas through grealish  mahrez  and midfield with de bruyne and gundogan but i its inter for me tonight martinez to open the scoring city to equalise  through bernado silva with dzeko scoring the winner for inter in extra time .

13 minutes ago, dandydesmond said:

i fancy inter to win in extra time city have never been champions of europe and that will weight heavy on there shoulders tonight aswell as being heavy favourites  ' inter have been champions of europe 3 times most recently  in 2010 under jose mourinho ' city are sure have the majority of the ball but inter are very good on the counter attack barella mkhitataryan martinez are a huge threat going forward calhanoglu set piece delivery from corners and free kicks will be crucial id pick lukaku over dzeko as lukaku can run in behind citys defence and has the physical  presence to make a nuisance  of himself if inter can take haaland out if the game then citys other major threat is in the wide areas through grealish  mahrez  and midfield with de bruyne and gundogan but i its inter for me tonight martinez to open the scoring city to equalise  through bernado silva with dzeko scoring the winner for inter in extra time .

Inter is a big shout. Can you add a bit of punctuation to your future posts please mate? Very hard to read all that! :lol

@Fader has also written his Manchester City vs Inter Milan betting tips preview ahead of the final so keen to hear what you all think of his tip for City to win to nil? I am personally on board with that! Certainly a big chance of it happening. City just seem hell-bent on winning this competition this year.

The Polish referee has officiated in Inter matches a couple of times over recent years. He is not a major "flasher" of cards but seems to show a steady 4 or 5 yellows in European games. Perhaps noteworthy is that in each game he has had the whistle in Inter matches he has booked Lautaro Martinez. Maybe worth a bet at 33/10 (Unibet) for Martinez to be booked.

36 minutes ago, Labrador said:

Maybe worth a bet at 33/10 (Unibet) for Martinez to be booked.

4.9 on BF though you’ve probably got the safety net of void if not starting with Uni. I’d expect him to start with Dzeko & the threat of Lukaku from the bench. Seen 6/4 for a sub to score but that’s pretty lousy, I’d want 2s at least.

2 bets this evening as cant believe Inter Milan are 11/2..... so took that and double result of draw / win @ 13/8  ) 

hope Inter score 1ST then City odds be attractive to score 2 or win, so will bet that if happens!

its a one off 90 min game.......the Inter manager will have looked at how Brentford did the home/away over them this season!