** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

PGA Masters

Fader

I haven't had a look yet but just creating this link so that I can add the link to the comp. Scoring is in the link and then the predictions are in a seperate thread which is linked at the bottom.

Be good if we could get 20 participants. That would be my goal I think but we shall see.

My selections for The Masters. I already tipped Homa up a while ago at 66/1 hence the price. 

2pts e/w C.Smith to win Masters 22/1 bet365
--------------------------------------------------
1.5pts e/w Homa to win Masters 66/1 bet365
1.5pts e/w Im to win Masters 35/1 bet365
1.5pts e/w Matsuyama to win Masters 40/1 bet365
------------------------------------------------------
1pt e/w Conners to win Masters 45/1 bet365
1pt e/w Min Woo Lee to win Masters 55/1 bet365

16 minutes ago, fd1972uk said:

Used up a host of free bets so any of the top guns bring me money.

My main fancy although not my best outcome moneywise is Speith, I've also done him 1st round leader, along with small free bets on kitayama, poston, z Johnson and na for 1st round leaders.

Ew on theegala, Kim, hoge, homa, hovland.

I was tempted with Na too. Very underrated and loves it here.

Masters 2023 Bets

1pt on Bet365 super boost: Tiger Woods to make the cut 2.00

1pt on the Bet365 super boost: Scottie Scheffler Top 10 finish 2.50

2pts on Top Scandinavian market: Viktor Hovland 1.36 (basically a tournament match contest versus Alex Noren)

0.10pt on Top Amateur market: Aldrich Potgieter 6.50 , small stakes on a contest that always fascinates me as we know less about the players involved. The market is generally based on World Amateur Golf Rankings (WAGR). The favourite is number 1 ranked Gordon Sargent. Big things talked up about this youngster, though at the prices I'm willing to let it be if he turns out to live up to all the pre tournament hype. Second favourite, Sam Bennett is an interesting one in that he made the cut at last year's US Open so he at least has experience of what to expect from Golf Majors tournament hype and pressure. Though even more interesting is 18 year old South African sensation Aldrich Potgieter, who beat Bennett in an Amateur contest recently, and has been preparing for this playing in South African Pro tour events so again, this experience will set him in good stead in being surrounded by the pro's.

Best of luck to all and enjoy the top level golfing action that awaits us!

I think I'm going to look at 2pts e/w on Scottie Scheffler but I did read a statistic that said no defending champion has won it since 2007... but he just looks in such good form right now that I think he's got a great shout. Tempted to put a few 1pt bets on the likes of Tony Finau, Rory McIlroy (surely he'll do it one year!), and Shane Lowry (just like the guy!). I'll also put a 0.5pt bet on Sandy Lyle as a purely romantic option.

5 hours ago, MinellaWorksop said:

Masters 2023 Bets

1pt on Bet365 super boost: Tiger Woods to make the cut 2.00

1pt on the Bet365 super boost: Scottie Scheffler Top 10 finish 2.50

2pts on Top Scandinavian market: Viktor Hovland 1.36 (basically a tournament match contest versus Alex Noren)

0.10pt on Top Amateur market: Aldrich Potgieter 6.50 , small stakes on a contest that always fascinates me as we know less about the players involved. The market is generally based on World Amateur Golf Rankings (WAGR). The favourite is number 1 ranked Gordon Sargent. Big things talked up about this youngster, though at the prices I'm willing to let it be if he turns out to live up to all the pre tournament hype. Second favourite, Sam Bennett is an interesting one in that he made the cut at last year's US Open so he at least has experience of what to expect from Golf Majors tournament hype and pressure. Though even more interesting is 18 year old South African sensation Aldrich Potgieter, who beat Bennett in an Amateur contest recently, and has been preparing for this playing in South African Pro tour events so again, this experience will set him in good stead in being surrounded by the pro's.

Best of luck to all and enjoy the top level golfing action that awaits us!

I would love that Tiger Woods bet to come in. The GOAT said he shouldn't be ruled out so I'll take that action too.

2 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I think I'm going to look at 2pts e/w on Scottie Scheffler but I did read a statistic that said no defending champion has won it since 2007... but he just looks in such good form right now that I think he's got a great shout. Tempted to put a few 1pt bets on the likes of Tony Finau, Rory McIlroy (surely he'll do it one year!), and Shane Lowry (just like the guy!). I'll also put a 0.5pt bet on Sandy Lyle as a purely romantic option.

Lumping on Scottie is a smart play. He's been there and done it and in fine form.

Having said that, I fancy Cam Smith for this one. He always plays well at Augusta and he's ice cold on the greens.

Anyone looked at the weather forecast for Augusta? 11C and rain on Saturday  that may suit Rory and Justin Rose both top of the stats in cold conditions. 

Hopefully Scottie can cope with the conditions as he can't not be backed in his form 1-12-4-1-4

Scottie Scheffler 7/1 bet365 ew 8 places

Rory McIIroy 7/1 bet365 ew 8 places

Justin Rose 55/1 bet365 ew 8 places

Weather looks horrible. Sounds like the UK with rain all week(end) and cold throughout. Winds 25mph plus from Friday onwards. That would make me put up Woods to miss the cut. It's well known that he has alot of aches and pains and injury issues and we've seen before in the cold weather that his back plays havoc. He tees off just as the thunderstorm is due to hit.

It looks like at the time of writing that the thunderstorms come into play around 2.30-3pm which leaves a few players with a solid hour/hour and a half of play before it could potentially go abit wild. I'm going to try Na and Henley as first round leaders just because one they like it here and two they are early to tee off and could potentially have the best of the weather.

4pts Woods to miss the cut 6/4 paddypower
-------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w Im first round leader 40/1 skybet  (6 places, 1/5th)
0.5pts e/w Conners first round leader 50/1 (6 places, 1/5th)
-------------------------------------------------------
0.25pts e/w Henley first round leader 70/1 bet365 (5 places, 1/4th)
0.25pts e/w Na first round leader 100/1 paddypower (8 places, 1/5th)

0.25pts wire-to-wire winner - Scheffler 50/1 paddypower
0.25pts wire-to-wire winner - Spieth 100/1 paddypower

Cannot wait!

3 minutes ago, Johnrobertson said:

Anyone looked at the weather forecast for Augusta? 11C and rain on Saturday  that may suit Rory and Justin Rose both top of the stats in cold conditions. 

Hopefully Scottie can cope with the conditions as he can't not be backed in his form 1-12-4-1-4

Scottie Scheffler 7/1 bet365 ew 8 places

Rory McIIroy 7/1 bet365 ew 8 places

Justin Rose 55/1 bet365 ew 8 places

Yep, I'm very tempted with Rose. Not to win, as I think he'd bottle it but perhaps 1st round leader or a 3-ball.

Used the 888 offer but ballsed up, put finau on ew but stupidly put on double as I had the £10 in my head, grrrr. Used the inplay bet on Koepka after hearing/ reading how his form was decent . Other one I added ew Im but thankfully they never applied free inplay bet so contacted them and they just added a open free bet, so will use that on something else, possibly pga or open.

Edited by fd1972uk