** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing-Chat Sunday 26th February.

kensland

Hong Kong cup group 1

Sha Tin 8.05

Romantic warrior

Win 

He's a short price, but is unbeaten over this trip.

Comes out of stall 6 and has the speed to stay there or grab the rail. Golden sixty is alongside in stall 4 and may be vunerable over this distance.  At the price may be a race just to watch!

2 hours ago, sporting sam said:

Hong Kong cup group 1

Sha Tin 8.05

Romantic warrior

Win 

He's a short price, but is unbeaten over this trip.

Comes out of stall 6 and has the speed to stay there or grab the rail. Golden sixty is alongside in stall 4 and may be vunerable over this distance.  At the price may be a race just to watch!

Lucky to have watched Golden sixty put romantic warrior in his pocket there. The body language was one of resignation as golden sixty loomed up outside romantic warrior. When you watch one of these races the outcome is clear a long way out.  A brilliant performance from this amazing horse.

12 minutes ago, sporting sam said:

Lucky to have watched Golden sixty put romantic warrior in his pocket there. The body language was one of resignation as golden sixty loomed up outside romantic warrior. When you watch one of these races the outcome is clear a long way out.  A brilliant performance from this amazing horse.

Fantastic race between 2 great horses.

Compare that with today's racing at home. Another very poor day 14 races half of which have 5 or less runners and thats before you even start looking at the quality. Our game is in real danger.

Naas bumper

the concluding race this afternoon.

Ile Atlantique to win by 3.0 lengths or more @ 11/10. Skybet

Willie Mullins makes the point that this runner of his is not qualified to run in champion bumper due to his form in french hurdles. He persists in not using claimers on his runners which does cost them a few lengths but as he's had a run already there is some confidence behind this runner.  

32 minutes ago, BBBC said:

Compare that with today's racing at home. Another very poor day 14 races half of which have 5 or less runners and thats before you even start looking at the quality. Our game is in real danger.

Perhaps we shoud just have Cheltenham and nothing else.

I do like it but the hype is way overdone.

50 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

Perhaps we shoud just have Cheltenham and nothing else.

I do like it but the hype is way overdone.

Pretty much the whole season is geared up around getting horses handicapped for Cheltenham, and to the lesser degree Aintree which technically makes form at those meeting false and often worthless. the graded races ok they are what they are but even those chuck up silly surprises.

3 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

2.10 Naas Surac 0.50 ew at 11/1 4TBP

Back later with other bets

Lucky 15

2.30 Font Goshen 10/3 (1 pt win at 4.9)

3.20 Her Pemberley 11/4 (2TBP) (1pt win at 4.1)

3.00 Font Fountains Chief 9/2 (1 pt win at 5.2 adj after n/runner)

4.50 Her Blue clover 9/2 (1 pt win at 6.6)

1 x ew L15 at 0.20 = 6 pts poss ret 227.46

------------------------------------------------------------

singles bets

4.30 Font Two To Tango 0.50 ew at 14/1

4.40 Naas Little Mix Up 0.50 ew at 11/1 (5TBP)

Total stakes = 13 points

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two winners today, one in the L15 and the other an each way single.  This paid well so a profit on the day of 11 points.  Makes for a nice change.  My MTD is now revised to-54.53 and YTD -78.23

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

3 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

Pretty much the whole season is geared up around getting horses handicapped for Cheltenham, and to the lesser degree Aintree which technically makes form at those meeting false and often worthless. the graded races ok they are what they are but even those chuck up silly surprises.

It's also been a far stranger season re the ground this year following on from the heatvave leaving poor quality grass rootage at start of season then the 2 week deluge & now again really dry in large parts of the country meaning small fields & ground not suitable for certain pedigrees of horses that like softer conditions , if this carries on in the UK will the top trainers think outside the box & take their horses over to Ireland & France more often , I doubt it , unfortunately .

8 minutes ago, calva decoy said:

It's also been a far stranger season re the ground this year following on from the heatvave leaving poor quality grass rootage at start of season then the 2 week deluge & now again really dry in large parts of the country meaning small fields & ground not suitable for certain pedigrees of horses that like softer conditions , if this carries on in the UK will the top trainers think outside the box & take their horses over to Ireland & France more often , I doubt it , unfortunately .

I think there are a lot of excuses used by Trainers and to a lesser extent the lazy media, Not sure where you live Calva but here in the north west had been a pretty much standard summer despite what the Media was spouting (in the name of climate hysteria) 2 days of 40 degrees at Heathrow airport traditionally the hottest place on any day in the country constituted catastrophe to them. The truth will out at Cheltenham and liverpool because no matter what the ground the handicap fields will be over full, the only small fields will be ironically the few graded races where a mullins fav has scared the others off.

Naas 3.40

Some big reputations here, but some nice prices on the two outsiders 

. LILLY DU BELLAIS and JACKPOT DE CHOSEL 

Both win small stakes.

Jackpot has a win for John McConnell while 

Lilly has won a grade two bumper and will have been schooled in private hurdle races for this.

They both get lots of weight and are essentially free bets to nothing.

21 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

I think there are a lot of excuses used by Trainers and to a lesser extent the lazy media, Not sure where you live Calva but here in the north west had been a pretty much standard summer despite what the Media was spouting (in the name of climate hysteria) 2 days of 40 degrees at Heathrow airport traditionally the hottest place on any day in the country constituted catastrophe to them. The truth will out at Cheltenham and liverpool because no matter what the ground the handicap fields will be over full, the only small fields will be ironically the few graded races where a mullins fav has scared the others off.

I live in the East where Fakenham was abandoned due to unsafe fast ground a couple of weeks back & where they can't water until April for some reason & yep , we are in one of the driest parts of the UK , as for the North West , Haydock even on the flat in the middle of summer is generally good to soft & it's been that over jumps most of this season even the Welsh courses at Ffos Las & Bangor haven't had the rains they normally get though I do get the over hyped be all & end all that is Cheltenham .

Finally a long overdue winner in the 4.10 there.

Naas 4.40

Sacchoandvanzetti

Each way 

Connections had hopes of putting this runner into a grade three  at Doncaster two years ago.

Been rowing away in low grade hurdles and down to a decent mark.

Racheal Blackmore booked to ride and with six places available worth a go here.

Edited by sporting sam

3 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Lucky 15

2.30 Font Goshen 10/3 (1 pt win at 4.9)

3.20 Her Pemberley 11/4 (2TBP) (1pt win at 4.1)

3.00 Font Fountains Chief 9/2 (1 pt win at 5.2 adj after n/runner)

4.50 Her Blue clover 9/2 (1 pt win at 6.6)

1 x ew L15 at 0.20 = 6 pts poss ret 227.46

------------------------------------------------------------

singles bets

4.30 Font Two To Tango 0.50 ew at 14/1

4.40 Naas Little Mix Up 0.50 ew at 11/1 (5TBP)

Total stakes = 13 points

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two winners today, one in the L15 and the other an each way single.  This paid well so a profit on the day of 11 points.  Makes for a nice change.  My MTD is now revised to-54.53 and YTD -78.23

2:30 Font Goshen Lost

3:20 Here Pemberley Lost

3:00 Font Fountains Chief Lost

4:50 Here Blue Cover Lost

20p L15 and 4 x £1 singles

4:30 Font Two to Tango Placed 14/1

4:40 Naas Little Mix Up Won 22/1

4:50 Here Blue Clover Lost

Total £14

Returns
L15 (1)         £00.00

Singles (1)   £00.00

L15 (2)        £13.40 (assuming triple odds Betfred)

Singles (2)   £23.00. Total returns £36.40, Stakes £14.00, Profit = £22.40

I took the selections you collected and applied to the letter the advice I gave you.

And this example my friend is why you will always lose. Just curious- how many Points did you spend today? and what were your wins/loses?

55 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

2:30 Font Goshen Lost

3:00 Font Fountains Chief Lost

4:50 Here Blue Cover Lost

4:30 Font Two to Tango Placed 14/1

4:40 Naas Little Mix Up Won 22/1

4:50 Here Blue Clover Lost

Total £14

Returns
L15 (1)         £00.00

Singles (1)   £00.00

L15 (2)        £13.40 (assuming triple odds Betfred)

Singles (2)   £23.00. Total returns £36.40, Stakes £14.00, Profit = £22.40

I took the selections you collected and applied to the letter the advice I gave you.

And this example my friend is why you will always lose. Just curious- how many Points did you spend today? and what were your wins/loses?

Fountains Chief won so that returned 5.16, Two To Tango placed returned 1.90, Little Mix up returned 14.20 and the L15 paid 2.74 = 24 points less 13 points staked = 11 points profit as posted up by me earlier.   I believe that the advice you gave me would have meant that I wouldn't have backed Little Mix Up at all.  Hence, I am a bit confused by your comment.  I have started to back the L15 selections to win as advised by you and to some extent by @Bang on,  However, I am also backing a few outsiders as well. But one thing I have learned is not to do too many of them in one day.  I would like to find a criterion for backing outsiders, i.e why a horse 6 plus behind the market leader should actually beat it.  Can you help?

47 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Fountains Chief won so that returned 5.16, Two To Tango placed returned 1.90, Little Mix up returned 14.20 and the L15 paid 2.74 = 24 points less 13 points staked = 11 points profit as posted up by me earlier.   I believe that the advice you gave me would have meant that I wouldn't have backed Little Mix Up at all.  Hence, I am a bit confused by your comment.  I have started to back the L15 selections to win as advised by you and to some extent by @Bang on,  However, I am also backing a few outsiders as well. But one thing I have learned is not to do too many of them in one day.  I would like to find a criterion for backing outsiders, i.e why a horse 6 plus behind the market leader should actually beat it.  Can you help?

What bit of this was hard to understand? and i quote myself
" let me suggest one last time, find 8 horses anyway you can and do 2 x 20p lucky 15s and 8x £1 singles= 14points or if 14 is to much do the lucky 15's and 50p singles = 10points  if that is too much 2 x 10p lucky 15s and 8 x50p singles = 7 points, forget playing safe you will never sort them (any winners) out beforehand by price so dont bother just do the 1st 4 on your list and then the last 4 whatever the prices are, accept your losing days and enjoy your winnings days. if you can only find say seven horses just put one of your selections on both Lucky's billy bonus if that one wins." and BTW i missed fountains chief in this so that means you have to add it on lets say another £5 to the profit i posted. making a total of £27 profit.

Edited by Zilzalian