World Seniors Darts Championship

Fader

four picks for me in this event. It's not an event I normally get too involved with because we have little idea about who really practices still etc etc so here we go. 3 from top, 1 from bottom of draw

2pts Thornton to win Seniors 13/2 paddypower
-----------------------------------------------------
1pt e/w K.Painter to win Seniors 12/1 paddypower
1pt e/w R.Howson to win Seniors 14/1 paddypower
-----------------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w M.Dudbridge to win Seniors 33/1 bet365

Difficult to be too confident about picking a winner here, but I’m going to stick a few pennies on Scott Mitchell. He only dropped off the main PDC Tour at the end of last year, and his stats suggest he was a bit unlucky to lose his tour card. Across 28 tournaments on the floor he averaged just over 92, with a first nine average of just under 100. Although he just missed out on regaining his tour card through Q school, he should be a class above most of this field.

1pt on Scott Mitchell @ 5/1 (General)

1 hour ago, daveg said:

Difficult to be too confident about picking a winner here, but I’m going to stick a few pennies on Scott Mitchell. He only dropped off the main PDC Tour at the end of last year, and his stats suggest he was a bit unlucky to lose his tour card. Across 28 tournaments on the floor he averaged just over 92, with a first nine average of just under 100. Although he just missed out on regaining his tour card through Q school, he should be a class above most of this field.

1pt on Scott Mitchell @ 5/1 (General)

Good shout. The 2nd round match between Mitchell and Thornton could be key in this event. I thought about Scottie but Thornton had the better odds and generally plays at a decent level, still. Good luck mate

On 2/9/2023 at 2:02 PM, Fader said:

Good shout. The 2nd round match between Mitchell and Thornton could be key in this event. I thought about Scottie but Thornton had the better odds and generally plays at a decent level, still. Good luck mate

Thornton too good for Mitchell tonight … you’re outrights are looking pretty good @Fader ?

17 hours ago, kroni said:

didn't get the price you had as i missed the first day but they were clearly offering each-way, Ladcrooks must of been the best price at that point thats why i chose them, actually got 17/2 on Thornton with a boost

ladcrooks.jpg

That bet slip suggests they were offering each way (as per the heading) but that you didn’t select it (hence “To Win”). I’m assuming that your unit stake and total stake are the same rather than the total being double which would suggest an each way bet. From looking at my bet history, if you’d chosen each way it would show the terms (fraction and places) where it just says “To Win”. I think you’ll have to take this on the chin as an error when you placed the bet unfortunately.

29 minutes ago, kroni said:

@harry_rag my unit stake is half the total stake so i 100% placed an each-way bet, but i think you're correct about the "To Win" bit, there should be some place terms there, its deffo error on their part offering e-w on a win only market though, have keep an eye on it in future

Be interesting to know what the potential return showed when the bet was still open! Definitely one to be wary of.

I think I've seen this before with them, maybe when I tried to place an e/w bet but didn't bother as there were no place terms showing. It's as if they've decided to withdraw e/w betting (e.g. after a few rounds have been completed) but left the tick box there. So if you tick e/w it doubles your stake as usual but there are no place terms on offer (hence "to win"). It's a weird scenario to possibly arise. There are a few things you could argue (if you can be arsed):

• They should pay out on the place return (dodgy ground assuming no place terms were quoted and the bet states "to win" but they did take double stake)
  • They should void the non-existent place bet and return half your stake (probably the fairest outcome)
  • They void the whole bet as you wouldn't have placed it on a win only basis 

I guess I'd argue they should either pay the place part as they let you choose the e/w option (but what would the terms be!) or refund half the total stake. Their counter could be they would have paid the win to the full stake but who'd choose to stake a simple win bet in such a convoluted way! :eyes

Try this @kroni 

resolver.co.uk

Assuming you're in the right and can prove it, it'll take about a year for the bookie to be forced to make right. I speak from experience btw, as I've been through the process. I could have left it and not bothered with all the hassle, but it was obvious to me what was going on and I wasn't going to stand for it. They knew they were in the wrong, but they were hoping I would just go along with what they were saying and settle.

It made me wonder just how many others get stiffed because they don't want the bother, but the trouble with that attitude is the more the bookies get away with that sort of sharp practice, the more brazen they become.