** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

6-Red World Championships (plus qualifiers)

Fader

Qualifications for this gets underway tomorrow. Lots of matches in this unique event. Just 6 red balls in this event instead of your normal 15. Here is the matches that I am going with tomorrow

3pts Highfield (-1.5 handicap) to beat Miah 5/6 bet365
3pts Clarke (-1.5 handicap) to beat Taylor 5/6 bet365

3pts Davis to beat Ursenbacher evens bet365
------------------------------------------------------------
1pt accy - White (-2.5) / Highfield (-1.5) / Clarke (-1.5) / Davis / Milkins 16/1 bet365

Clarke and Davis both winners. Highfield won 6-5. Tomorrow is another full day of Snooker with both the 6 Red snooker aswell as "The Masters" getting underway, in the afternoon.  I'll keep this thread purely for 6-red. Here's what I like tomorrow. 

3pts Surety to beat Steadman 5/6 bet365
3pts Peng Yisong to beat Pinches 5/6  bet365

• 1 month later...

I thought about the likes of Higgins and Mark Williams but single digit prices are not going to cut it for me, here. I have 3 at 20/1 that i'll be taking and one at bigger prices. Matches kick off around 4am, I believe. As it's based in Bangkok 

1pt e/w Saengkham to win 6-red 20/1 paddypower
1pt e/w Milkins to win 6-red 20/1 paddypower
1pt e/w Vafaei to win 6-red 20/1 paddypower
--------------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w Anda to win 80/1 paddypower

Looking forward to this one though the time difference isn't ideal, quite a mixed field but I expect the usual suspects will top the groups but it would be nice to see some upsets. I saw some of the ladies world champs from Bangkok and the pace was so slow it was painful to watch! Mink & Reanne lost in the semis and another Thai girl won in the final.

2 hours ago, charliepie said:

I'm glad they have the highlights at 5pm on Eurosport which I'm watching now.

yeah, I watched abit this morning. Watched Vafaei beat Higgins and abit of the Saengkham win.

More on tomorrow. Goes on until lunch time tomorrow. Watched it on discovery+

I don't have Discovery+, that's a separate subscription isn't it? I just checked, £6.99 a month for the sports package, not too bad but I probably don't need another service at the moment:-) I'm already poaching my Sky Go,  Virgin TV Go and Netflix from other friends which is a cheapskate way of doing it! I don't even have a TV so it's all on the laptop/phone anyway.

Edited by charliepie

4 hours ago, charliepie said:

I don't have Discovery+, that's a separate subscription isn't it? I just checked, £6.99 a month for the sports package, not too bad but I probably don't need another service at the moment:-) I'm already poaching my Sky Go,  Virgin TV Go and Netflix from other friends which is a cheapskate way of doing it! I don't even have a TV so it's all on the laptop/phone anyway.

yeah, it's good to have for snooker as alot of the events are on there. There's a phone app, too.

On 3/5/2023 at 6:46 PM, Fader said:

Last 16 draw
Anda vs Wattana
Un-Nooh vs Poomjaeng
Vafaei vs Saengkham
Trump vs Williams
-------------------------
Wakelin vs Ford
Perry vs Higgins
Bingham vs Walden
O'Sullivan vs Ding

L16 draw. Typical 2 of mine meet eachother. Be nice to have Anda taking on Vafaei or Saengkham in the semi-final so I have a guarenteed finalist. Trump plays Williams and Ronnie takes on Ding though. 2 big last 16 matches.

Anda vs Un-Nooh
Vafaei vs Trump
Bingham vs Ding
Higgins vs Ford

Quarter Final line up. Ding knocks out Ronnie with ease. Ronnie looked bang average.

Quarter Finals are played at half 11 so can actually watch some of these, which is good. Would be nice to see Anda and Vafaei through but Id take just one through to be fair. Not liking my chances :D 

Considering the format the "less good" player can much more easily win as long as he manages a break of 4-5 reds before his opponent starts scoring.

I am thinking of taking Vafaei to beat Trump and Un-Nooh -1,5 frame to beat Anda but still haven't pulled the trigger yet , I think value lies in taking either the dog either the favorite with handicap but certainly not the favorite straight up.

1 hour ago, 888888 said:

Considering the format the "less good" player can much more easily win as long as he manages a break of 4-5 reds before his opponent starts scoring.

I am thinking of taking Vafaei to beat Trump and Un-Nooh -1,5 frame to beat Anda but still haven't pulled the trigger yet , I think value lies in taking either the dog either the favorite with handicap but certainly not the favorite straight up.

I've not seen Anda play yet but he's won 3 out of 3 and beat Ding 5-0 so I wouldn't be betting on no handicaps myself.

12 hours ago, Fader said:

Your double would have come through in the end then. Hope you went with it. 

yes i did but small stakes only so it's not gonna change my destiny, especially since I lost the winnings on football later on in the evening lol ? 

Yesterday Vafaie definately had problems facing pressure, he was playing good but twice he missed a rather easy ball to win two frames (but then so did Trump otherwise Trump would have won) so I don't have the balls to take him today, may be Un-Nooh being at home is on a mission to win this?

Yeah that was insane , he wasn't playing a top form O'Sullivan or Trump.

For the final I greatly fance Ding , he was up 4-1 being incredibly sharp and steady, then missed an easy ball which ended making lose him the frame resulting in 4-2 whereas it should have been 5-1 , after that he clearly lost focus resulting in 4-4 but then got back on the horse and won 3 in a row.

For me it has to be Ding -1,5 ; and I really don't want to influence anyone but I strongly feel Ding should be a bigger fav than that 

15 hours ago, Fader said:

5-2 and 6-4 up Vafaei was. In a first to 7 and loses 8-7. I didn't have Vafaei down as such as being so mentally weak. Good to know going forward

Just watched it on YT, Hossein should have won, that cut red to go 6-2 just jawed then the slow blue which rolled off to go 6-3, hats off to Theppy though for some great shots after that. I'm rooting for him tomorrow, did I mention I was born in Bangkok? Would love to have flown over to watch some of it and have a nice little holiday too! Some of the female refs are quite hot:-)