2023 World Championships

daveg

Think should be some good matches, not exactly all the names I was hoping to see but think all matches look good in there own way. 2 possible upsets I think are van den bergh and bunting winning. VDB is tricky for anyone on his day, I think Clayton back into form but I think still vulnerable. I have never been one to bet on bunting before but done the job for me last round and he just seems confident and he got the experience at this stage. I think price wins but not seen anything from him that I think it will be a white wash. MVG obviously just wins, and I mean whole thing now, right?

double van den bergh +2.5 @ 1.4 and clemens +3.5 @ 1.5 

total odds evens with sky bet

MVG  to win tournament outright evens 

2pts Van Den Bergh and Smith both to win and hit most 180s 13/2

just looking at Smiths markets but seen this boosted at PP and like the look of it. Van Den Bergh/Clayton could go either way in my opinion and either way I reckon most 180s go to Van Den Bergh. 

1 hour ago, Fader said:

2pts Van Den Bergh and Smith both to win and hit most 180s 13/2

just looking at Smiths markets but seen this boosted at PP and like the look of it. Van Den Bergh/Clayton could go either way in my opinion and either way I reckon most 180s go to Van Den Bergh. 

Missed the start of VDB v Clayton, but I'm on Smith to win and most 180's with 365. Boosted to 2.10 from 1.90 which seems fair at worst.

33 minutes ago, Fader said:

obviously Smith's 180s have completely disappeared.

It hadn't cost him as he went 4-1 up because Bunting's doubles disappeared but it's getting interesting now. Bunting continuing to score and his doubles picking up along with a drop in Smith's level means this could now go all the way.

Looking even more like MVG to win outright now with price out. I think VDB provides a better performance against him tho than dobey tonight. Smith dosnt look great but maybe he kicks in and and least makes final but won’t be surprised if clemens wins.

double clemens +3.5 @ 1.44 and VDB +4.5 @ 1.4

total odds 2.02 with sky bet 

I can only see Smith and MVG making it through. As good as Clemens was against Price he was put under no pressure and even then his doubling numbers weren't great. I think Smith puts him under a lot more pressure with consistent scoring and that'll mean any doubles that Clemens misses are likely to be punished. MVG just looks on a different level right now and whilst VDB is playing well I just don't see how you beat MVG when he's scoring so heavily and checking out so well.

As far as bets go, I'd be happy enough to take both Smith and MVG on set handicaps. In the side markets there might be some value on MVG to win with VDB hitting the most 180's and also overs in the 180 line between Smith and Clemens.

Yeah, I'm leaving Smith alone for 180s as he always does the opposite for me recently but the set handicaps double looks good. Heard that Smith wanted to "embarrass" Bunting or some nonsense and so that could be the lack of 180s. 

12 minutes ago, Fader said:

Yeah, I'm leaving Smith alone for 180s as he always does the opposite for me recently but the set handicaps double looks good. Heard that Smith wanted to "embarrass" Bunting or some nonsense and so that could be the lack of 180s. 

I heard about that. Not sure what it's all about but can't have helped his performance. Without that to distract him he'll probably pepper the red bit tonight.

8 minutes ago, Torque said:

I heard about that. Not sure what it's all about but can't have helped his performance. Without that to distract him he'll probably pepper the red bit tonight.

I'm hoping so. He may get some boos tonight though.

yeah, he wont deal well with that. It's a hard one. I get the feeling that Van Den Bergh will get closer to MVG than Clemens will to Smith. I'm going with a 6-3 type match for MVG. Perhaps even 6-4 because MVG has only been tested by Mensur. Everybody since has been sh*t scared of MVG and lost their bottle. Smith game I think Smith 6-2/6-3.

3pts Smith -2.5 set handicap evens paddypower
2.5pts Smith -2.5 sets / Van Den Bergh +3.5 handicap 8/5 paddypower
2.5pts MVG win match / Van Den Bergh most 180s 6/5 skybet
0.5pt score double - MVG win 6-3 / Smith win 6-2 32/1 skybet

Should be a great final. I am still confident mvg wins in this form but if smith turns up again it could be close. If I wasn’t already on mvg I would be tempted to go for outside bet on smith but I will stick with my evens bet on mvg. Not sure what else to bet on for final apart from maybe fun bet on the 9 darter, also some double check outs to happen each set all small stakes. 

nine darter 12/1 

if any one to get a nine darter it’s these two. 

double 16 check out each set 26/1

double 8 check out each set 100/1

mvg utilised this side of board well last night and was only the last set he never hit a double 16 and he did have an attempt at it. 

double 20 check out each set 6/1

double 10 check out each set 40/1

both players like double tops and with especially smith ending up more often than not on double 10 I think worth a small punt. 

12 hours ago, Torque said:

Smith isn't getting anywhere near MVG on that evidence. You can't score and check out better than that.

You would have to say that MVG is a big favourite but you never know in a final. Smith would need to hit a 100+ average though, I reckon. He has done that though in 2 of the last 3 matches and the third being that Bunting match where perhaps there was a reason for it. Importantly, too, is that he has beaten averages of 97 from Clemens and also 97 from Bunting. Where as MVG has beaten averages of 96, 91, 90 in the last 3. It should be a completely different match tonight to the players that MVG has walken over previously. MVG has smashed everybody with 100+ averages but I have a feeling it wont be a huge average from him, this time.

Let us also remember that Smith has won the last 3 head-to-heads, which included beating MVG in a Final. The US Masters final. I know that's completely different to the Championship Final but it does give Smith abit more belief with winning big ranking events, finally.

I'll be going with the following. Although I have an outright bet on Smith and so just small stakes on these couple. Also worth mentioning the bet that was shared from @davegfor MVG to win the tournament, hit a 170 and a 9-dart finish. The 170 has been hit so if he gets a 9-dart finish tonight, that 66/1 looks on. Good luck with that.

2pts MVG to win the match, Smith most 180s and MVG highest checkout 9/4 skybet
2pts MVG (-2.5 set handicap), each player 13+ 180s and both to hit 2+ 100+ checkouts 4/1 skybet

22 minutes ago, apeman666 said:

Should be a great final. I am still confident mvg wins in this form but if smith turns up again it could be close. If I wasn’t already on mvg I would be tempted to go for outside bet on smith but I will stick with my evens bet on mvg. Not sure what else to bet on for final apart from maybe fun bet on the 9 darter, also some double check outs to happen each set all small stakes. 

nine darter 12/1 

if any one to get a nine darter it’s these two. 

double 16 check out each set 26/1

double 8 check out each set 100/1

mvg utilised this side of board well last night and was only the last set he never hit a double 16 and he did have an attempt at it. 

double 20 check out each set 6/1

double 10 check out each set 40/1

both players like double tops and with especially smith ending up more often than not on double 10 I think worth a small punt. 

Thanks for the tips, just wondering which bookie is offering these? 

EDIT: Aha found it, it's skybet 

Edited by amity
Found the information myself