** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2023 World Championships

daveg

20 minutes ago, Fader said:

I'd expect Soutar to hit the highest checkout based on his recent checkouts. We shall see 

Can't argue with that. But are the odds fair or is that cat out of the bag that's the question. It's like you were saying about the 180 line between Smith and DVD - even though the bet lost the value was on the unders I reckon.

2 hours ago, Torque said:

I'm taking Clemens to win with the high checkout at 3.50 which is boosted at 365.

I'm taking the same bet tonight at the same price for MVG. DVD obviously hits a lot of 180's but MVG wasn't shy in that department against Suljovic. He doesn't seem to be switching to 19's as much which might be the explanation.

5 minutes ago, chris666 said:

Got to go for the over 16.5 180's line in the Smith/Cullen match up, can't  decide between the two but get a feeling the lipstick will get a battering between them?

It should do - although Smith was slow to get going with the 180's against Schindler. On the basis this match could go long then a bet on overs in the 180's should be a good thing.

1 hour ago, Torque said:

Can't argue with that. But are the odds fair or is that cat out of the bag that's the question. It's like you were saying about the 180 line between Smith and DVD - even though the bet lost the value was on the unders I reckon.

And it won mate. Can't argue with that 

10 minutes ago, Torque said:

Cheers. Are you having a look at tonight?

Yeah, nothing really I wanted this afternoon. Just hoping Smith continues through but tonight at the very least I'll be on dvd most 180s and MVG to win. I think Bunting has a chance if he performs like yesterday but he's so inconsistent 

14 minutes ago, Fader said:

Yeah, nothing really I wanted this afternoon. Just hoping Smith continues through but tonight at the very least I'll be on dvd most 180s and MVG to win. I think Bunting has a chance if he performs like yesterday but he's so inconsistent 

I've seen that tipped in a few places so it'll probably land. I'm going the other way just because of the price. Still, as long as MVG wins then one of us will have a winner. 

Bunting as you say is so inconsistent. I'll stick my neck out and say there's no way he checks out at nearly 60% again and that probably means he loses. Having said that though I think I read that Humphries has been unwell so that might swing the match back in Bunting's favour.

5 minutes ago, Torque said:

I've seen that tipped in a few places so it'll probably land. I'm going the other way just because of the price. Still, as long as MVG wins then one of us will have a winner. 

Bunting as you say is so inconsistent. I'll stick my neck out and say there's no way he checks out at nearly 60% again and that probably means he loses. Having said that though I think I read that Humphries has been unwell so that might swing the match back in Bunting's favour.

That's the thing. There's no way he does that again but Humphries also has issues with doubles. I think Cross comes through cause again, I don't think Dobey performs like that again. Perhaps cross win and dobey most 180s 

45 minutes ago, Fader said:

That's the thing. There's no way he does that again but Humphries also has issues with doubles. I think Cross comes through cause again, I don't think Dobey performs like that again. Perhaps cross win and dobey most 180s 

Good point about Humphries. Reminds me of the debacle against Lim the other year.

14 minutes ago, mikeymike10 said:

How are our pre tourney bets looking?

Main one if you followed on Smith is still live and kicking. I'm gutted with Chizzy as I reckon he had a great chance of going much further. Reckon he would have beaten Humphries tonight 

Cross V Dobey
MVG V DVD
Humphries V Bunting

Dobey hit 8 180s against Anderson and that was a match there was only 5 sets. Cross has to be classed as the favourite in this match after hitting a 99 average and looking the real deal. I am going to go with Dobey to hit the most 180s though. I think if Cross gets ahead then he will need the 180s to get back to par or close to the end of sets. 

The other bet I like is DVD to get the most 180s against MVG. DVD hit 12 against Ross Smith and you wouldn't even say that it looked like alot for him with Ross Smith outscoring him and failing on the doubles. I don't think he beats MVG but I do see him hitting the more 180s in the match.

2pts Cross win / Dobey most 180s 9/4 skybet
2pts MVG win / DVD most 180s 11/8 skybet
1pt treble - 2 above plus Over 5.5 sets between Bunting and Humphries 12/1 skybet