Tennis Tips - July 18 - July 24

Konteveit v Bernarda Pera should be a petty good match. Konteveit just too hit or miss for me at the moment. Seems to have no patience, and wants to blast the ball (and opponent) off the court. At this level, it won't happen consistently. Players are too good. Pera definitely improved, with a really tricky lefty forehand will give her problems. I expect a very close game here, but I think Konteveit could just blow up when things don't go her way. It takes the games out of the equation. I will take Pera outright on a small bet to win at 2.37

If Konteveit gets off to a flyer, I'll trade out and back her big to win. I'm prepared to take a big low odds bet if I see dominance and momentum.

Edited by neilovan

Quite happy to take a big bet on Ruud to beat Ramos-Vinolas. Ruud had quiite a tricky 7-6 7-6 win yesterday but much of it was his own making. Struggled with his serve and maybe lost concentration. Vinolas was not the fav for much of his match but cam back to pinch a close 3rd set. I reckon he will be tired from his efforts, and may be slightly out of energy.  I will split my bet up into 3 equal stakings, and trade out a 3rd or more if I need to. Ruud the winner here.

1 hour ago, neilovan said:

Konteveit v Bernarda Pera should be a petty good match. Konteveit just too hit or miss for me at the moment. Seems to have no patience, and wants to blast the ball (and opponent) off the court. At this level, it won't happen consistently. Players are too good. Pera definitely improved, with a really tricky lefty forehand will give her problems. I expect a very close game here, but I think Konteveit could just blow up when things don't go her way. It takes the games out of the equation. I will take Pera outright on a small bet to win at 2.37

If Konteveit gets off to a flyer, I'll trade out and back her big to win. I'm prepared to take a big low odds bet if I see dominance and momentum.

Glad I stayed away from the over games. Pera played great. 12 straight victory's, without dropping a set.

20 minutes ago, neilovan said:

Glad I stayed away from the over games. Pera played great. 12 straight victory's, without dropping a set.

Imagine rolling up straight sets wins for her since the start of the run. Astronomical odds I'm guessing.

7 minutes ago, Torque said:

Nice call on Ramos @neilovan he was clearly running on less than fumes.

Thanks,

I think Cerundolo runs into the same situation. Even if he manages to win the 1st set (which I doubt), it will still be decent to take Musetti at good odds. I think the very hot day (Wed) wiped players out, and put them in a depleted zone. Musetti had an easy win yesterday, while Cerundolo was in the red  zone for 2/3rds of his match.

Edited by neilovan

9 minutes ago, Torque said:

Imagine rolling up straight sets wins for her since the start of the run. Astronomical odds I'm guessing.

Back of a fag packet calculation, based on odds of even money for each match to finish 2-0 Pera - clearly the odds were higher probably for every match she played - gives odds of about 4000 to 1.

Musetti off to a very good start. If he takes the 1st set and they are giving odds of 1.5+ to 10 it is worth a big bet. Cerundolo looks beat already. Missing that forehand due to fatigue. 

Can actually bet what you like here. Only one winner.

Edited by neilovan

52 minutes ago, neilovan said:

Musetti off to a very good start. If he takes the 1st set and they are giving odds of 1.5+ to 10 it is worth a big bet. Cerundolo looks beat already. Missing that forehand due to fatigue. 

Can actually bet what you like here. Only one winner.

Worrying because Musetti just drifted off and let him back in the match.

2 hours ago, Torque said:

when you bet on kontaveit match you have to toss a coin. Heads she wins tails she loses. this will work 80% of the times

1 minute ago, bet4fun said:

when you bet on kontaveit match you have to toss a coin. Heads she wins tails she loses. this will work 80% of the times

but last year she was playing unbelievable.

39 minutes ago, neilovan said:

Worrying because Musetti just drifted off and let him back in the match.

Underarm serve on match point? Seriously ... 

Just plays the weirdest tennis. May as well just plug the battery pack into his opponent.

I bailed  out in most of my big bets here. Musetti just drifting off into left field. I'll take a small loss rather than catastrophic failure. I got carried away, so I'll just take my medicine.

Edited by neilovan

10 minutes ago, neilovan said:

Underarm serve on match point? Seriously ... 

Just plays the weirdest tennis. May as well just plug the battery pack into his opponent.

I bailed  out in most of my big bets here. Musetti just drifting off into left field. I'll take a small loss rather than catastrophic failure. I got carried away, so I'll just take my medicine.

Hopefully everyone else  stayed the course :)

44 minutes ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Bronzetti or Paolini? 

I will be betting after it settles down. Paolini is definitely the correct fav, and she has a very good record on clay when she is the bookies favorite. My feeling is she wins here, probably easily.

Some of the things you see  on the ATP/WTA are just a disgrace. That a professional match should start at 10pm (or later) is a joke. Seriously ... which athlete performs best between 10.30 and midnight? It's laughable. I would definitely be going for Sorribes-Tormo later. She is the fav, and she (being Spanish) should be more suited to the late evening. 

9 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Well, it's a bit of a tradition in Italy, and there are upsides to it as well for both the players and the audience. Sweltering heat in Europe these days, so perhaps nobody really minds it.

And in Spain too. Nobody has dinner before 10.30?

Crazy, Bronzetti is 8 on bet365 and on my local bookie I get odds of 4.75. Makes covering so much more expensive

Edited by neilovan

10 hours ago, neilovan said:

And in Spain too. Nobody has dinner before 10.30?

Crazy, Bronzetti is 8 on bet365 and on my local bookie I get odds of 4.75. Makes covering so much more expensive

seriously?? 10:30 pm ?? talking abt the heat europe is going to feel this heat wave every year now due to war