** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Racing Chat - Tuesday 28th June

Hi all, its TK here deputising for The Brigadier who is off on hols this week. Hopefully a few winners coming our way as the week progresses. Tuesday's selections below ahead of posting onsite later.

2-30 Brighton (NAP)

Silver Bubble recorded a first ever career success last time out and more importantly it came over this course and distance. The four-year-old son of Mayson ran out a comfortable victor here when scoring under Saffie Osborne just three weeks ago. Gay Kelleway has her team in great shape and actually has a fifty percent record with her runners at this track (winning 3 from 6). Saffie is back in the saddle this afternoon and ought to know a little more about her partner today. The front two pulled some ten lengths clear in that previous race and if similar tactics are deployed today, they have to have every chance of following up.

3-00 Brighton Treble (TREBLE)

Shut Up And Dance comes here in search of a hat-trick for team Osborne. He has improved markedly since being upped to this middle distance trip and has scored readily on recent starts at Windsor and Chepstow. Turned out quickly for a potential third win in seven days, he is clearly taking his racing well and now Saffie Osborne comes into ride him for the first time. The good to firm ground shall certainly be of benefit to him and with all other rivals seemingly struggling for form, he has to be high on any shortlist.

5-25 Chepstow (TREBLE)

Crosstitch is improving with each run and he went closest when beaten just over a length at Lingfield last time. This will be his fourth career start and Michael Bell now applies a visor for the first time. Running in the colours of Her Majesty the Queen, the three-year-old son of Recorder is reunited with David Egan. The pair combined when finishing third to Blatant at Leicester last month and the young jockey should know a bit more about his mount this afternoon as a consequence.  Dresden Green looks the biggest threat for a very much in-form William Haggas team.

7-00 Chepstow (TREBLE)

Infiniti has showed that he has improved beyond all recognition this season following two wins having reverted back to the flat. He moved yards at the end of last year and embarked on a hurdling campaign for Kevin Frost. He won at the fourth attempt over two-and-a-half miles at Market Rasen and then disappointed when attempting to follow up at Worcester on his next start. Frost made an inspired decision to take advantage of his relatively low handicap mark on the flat and it has reaped dividends. Aiden Brooks is a talented seven-pound claimer and he has a 100% record when riding the nine-year-old. No surprise to see the pair go close again back over two miles.

2-15 Hamilton

Frisky remains lightly raced but has improved with each start so far this season. The three-year-old daughter of Bated Breath was not beaten far when third at Bath on her most recent appearance. She brings the most experience to the table here and now has the added assistance of Will Buick in the saddle for the first time. The combination command respect in a race where she will be fully race fit and the jockey is riding with utmost confidence.

2-45 Hamilton

Ghaly has been off the track for well over eighteen months, but Saeed Bin Suroor has obviously deemed the fires to still be burning brightly. To send him on a 700-mile round trip just for the sake of it seems pretty ludicrous and this looks a sensible starting point for the son of Dubawi. He is well bred to get this one-mile trip and the last time that he encountered ground as decent as this was when he won on his local track at Newmarket back in 2020. He is extremely lightly raced compared to quite a few of these and there may well be more to come from him. Kevin Stott has won on Godolphin horses in the past and he looks to be a sensible jockey booking.

3-50 Hamilton

Judy’s Park makes only her third appearance on the turf here this afternoon and from her two previous tries on it, she seems to handle it rather well. She is vastly experienced from running on the all-weather and even picked up a win at Newcastle over this trip back in March. George Boughey has a perfect 100% strike rate at Hamilton this season will all three of his previous runners having won on their visits. Will Buick rides Judy’s Spark for the second time today and he too has a 25% strike rate when teaming up with the trainer. A lot in their favour off bottom weight and warrants closer consideration than most.

6-50 Stratford

Texard makes a quick reappearance having just won a little over 48 hours ago. He was a three-time winner in his native France and now encounters identical conditions to those he faced on Sunday at Uttoxeter. Tom Scudamore is back on board and the Pipe team are clearly hoping to strike again whilst the iron is hot despite a seven-pound penalty. Being the youngest in the line-up and possibly the least exposed means there is certainly further room for improvement. He showed a gutsy and determined attitude in that last race and will be a force to be reckoned with if in the same mood here.

7-20 Stratford

Mr Yeats was on the scoresheet at Ludlow back in May before finishing a good second in an extended three-mile handicap hurdle at Huntingdon 25 days ago. He was only just edged out after mistakes at last two flights cost him dear. This drop back to two-and-three-quarter miles will be very much in his favour as will the re-association with jockey Mitchell Bastyan. Bastyan has won twice before on this gelded son of Yeats and he also has a 50% strike rate when riding at Stratford this season. There should still be plenty more to come from this five-year-old and he if ironing out that odd error, he is likely to go extremely close here.

8-20 Stratford

The Plumber made a reasonable enough debut over hurdles at Southwell just a little over three weeks ago. He is expected to come on in leaps and bounds for the experience. Whilst no match at all for the winner on that occasion, he shaped with a degree of promise and Amy Murphy is likely to find suitable alternatives for him. Jack Quinlan has partnered this five-year-old son of Shirocco three times in the past (including in bumpers) and if progressing, he is worthy of a second look here.

Edited by Tumbleweed King

245 ham 

Fame and acclaim 8.2 5/1 

Empirestateofmind  8.0 9/1 

Risky bets this one ....ghaly is fav here but is coming off a massive 662 days layoff ...I can't back a horse doing that so he's worth taking on surely ....I'll back them ew to try and claw some money back if the fav does something special 

5pts ew both 

Happy Valley

12:15 

Loyal Ambition @ 6.00

12:45 

Our Creed @ 4.00

1:15 

Kokushi Musou @ 4.20

1:45 

Youthful Deal @ 5.50

2:15 

E Legend @ 4.40

2:45 

Jazz Club @ 51.00  &  place bet 3 places @ 12.00

3:15 

Amazing One Plus @ 8.00

3:50 

Joyful Win @ 9.00

Gorgeous Vitality @ 2.60

---

This could be a disaster, but fingers crossed ?

Good luck!

Chepstow. 

Single. 

7.30. Edinburgh Rock.       11/8... 2nd 

Stratford. 

Double. 

7.20. Une De La Noverie. .......      10/3.... unpl 

8.20. Barenbolm.                   4/1.        unpl 

singles & double 

Good luck all. 

Edited by kensland

Some interesting runners at Hamilton today, trainer George Boughey sends 4 runners (his previous 3 at the course all won) and jockey William Buick travels up to ride them all (3 wins from 6 rides at the course). It could be a very good day for him.  For me, the best (hopefully) runs in the

3.15 Ham - Charles St - 15/8 - doesn't run a bad race usually and can hopefully win today. 

7.30 Chep - Edinburgh Rock - 6/4 - Trainer Ralph Beckett is infantastic form ( won 5/11 at the weekend including Irish derby), and he has an excellent 31% strike rate at the course (this is his only runner at the course today).

8.20 Strat - Barenboim - 9/2 EACH WAY (1/5 3 places)- Fergal O'Brien is top course trainer, and has 2 runners today. This is the only one that Paddy Brennan rides. This is a maiden so maybe not one for maximum confidence, hence backing each way.

15 minutes ago, Bang on said:

Some interesting runners at Hamilton today, trainer George Boughey sends 4 runners (his previous 3 at the course all won) and jockey William Buick travels up to ride them all (3 wins from 6 rides at the course). It could be a very good day for him.  For me, the best (hopefully) runs in the

3.15 Ham - Charles St - 15/8 - doesn't run a bad race usually and can hopefully win today. 

7.30 Chep - Edinburgh Rock - 6/4 - Trainer Ralph Beckett is infantastic form ( won 5/11 at the weekend including Irish derby), and he has an excellent 31% strike rate at the course (this is his only runner at the course today).

8.20 Strat - Barenboim - 9/2 EACH WAY (1/5 3 places)- Fergal O'Brien is top course trainer, and has 2 runners today. This is the only one that Paddy Brennan rides. This is a maiden so maybe not one for maximum confidence, hence backing each way.

Speaking of in-form trainers, Saeed bin Suroor is having a good season so far, he's definitely one to watch.  

Short priced selections so far today

2.00 Bri Brynteg 6/5

2.15 Ham Frisky 15/8

4.10 Bri King Of War 6/4

7.00 Chep Infiniti 11/8

6 x 0.5 win doubles, 4 x 0.5 win trebles and 1 x 0.5 win fourfold = 5.50 staked: poss return 67.72 if all win.

I have some longer priced selections so will come back later with those

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5.25 Chep Crosstich 9/4

7.30 Chep Cicely 5/1

7.20 Str Une De La Seniere 6/1

8.20 Str Patient dream 4/1

6 x ew 0.2 dble, 4 x 0.2 ew trebles and 1 x 0.2 ew fourfold = 4.40 staked.  Poss return 293.64

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Singles bet

2.45 Ham Fame And Acclaim 1.2 win at 10.0 = poss profit 10.58 @richard-westwood's selection (Slip and Smile is top-rated by Timeform though)

11.10 total stakes

Spoilt for choice with short priced beasts today

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not going well.  I will try again with the short priced favourites:

4.10 Bri King Of War 15/8

6.20 Str Carys Commodity 10/11

7.00 Chep Infiniti 13/8

8.05 chep Fellowship6/4

6 x 0.5 dbles, 4 x 0.5 trebles and 1 x Fourfold = 5.50 stakes, poss return of 66.01

Some singles and a place bet

4.25 Ham Mokaman 2 pts win at 5.2 and Major Puser 1 pt 3TBP at 8.8

7.30 Chep Cicely 1 pt win at 6.2

7.20 Str Une De La Senieve  1 pt win at 9.4

8.20 Str Patient Dream 2 pt win at 4.8

Total stakes = 23.60 for today.  Let's hope that I get something back from that lot.  Shocking results for my favourite selections so far.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a lousy day's trading I have put another 3 pts on Patient Dream.  In total 5 pts to profit 18.72 pts should it oblige

26.60 stakes

Edited by The Equaliser
Update

48 minutes ago, alexcaruso808 said:

Speaking of in-form trainers, Saeed bin Suroor is having a good season so far, he's definitely one to watch.  

Yes, and 2.45 Ham - Ghaly -is very interesting (his only runner of the day). He is in very good form, has a good course record, my only concern is that he has been off the track since 2020 (662 days).

Happy Valley Results

12:15 

Loyal Ambition @ 6.00 - 5th

12:45 

Our Creed @ 4.00  3rd 

1:15 

Kokushi Musou @ 4.20  1st ?

1:45 

Youthful Deal @ 5.50  8th

2:15 

E Legend @ 4.40  2nd

2:45 

Jazz Club @ 51.00  &  place bet 3 places @ 12.00 - Last, it ran like a donkey ?

3:15 

Amazing One Plus @ 8.00 5th

3:50 

Joyful Win @ 9.00 - 6th

Gorgeous Vitality @ 2.60 4th

---

Horrendous picks I'm afraid.  I will have to change my selection and rating strategy!  

9 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Short priced selections so far today

2.00 Bri Brynteg 6/5

2.15 Ham Frisky 15/8

4.10 Bri King Of War 6/4

7.00 Chep Infiniti 11/8

6 x 0.5 win doubles, 4 x 0.5 win trebles and 1 x 0.5 win fourfold = 5.50 staked: poss return 67.72 if all win.

I have some longer priced selections so will come back later with those

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5.25 Chep Crosstich 9/4

7.30 Chep Cicely 5/1

7.20 Str Une De La Seniere 6/1

8.20 Str Patient dream 4/1

6 x ew 0.2 dble, 4 x 0.2 ew trebles and 1 x 0.2 ew fourfold = 4.40 staked.  Poss return 293.64

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Singles bet

2.45 Ham Fame And Acclaim 1.2 win at 10.0 = poss profit 10.58 @richard-westwood's selection (Slip and Smile is top-rated by Timeform though)

11.10 total stakes

Spoilt for choice with short priced beasts today

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not going well.  I will try again with the short priced favourites:

4.10 Bri King Of War 15/8

6.20 Str Carys Commodity 10/11

7.00 Chep Infiniti 13/8

8.05 chep Fellowship6/4

6 x 0.5 dbles, 4 x 0.5 trebles and 1 x Fourfold = 5.50 stakes, poss return of 66.01

Some singles and a place bet

4.25 Ham Mokaman 2 pts win at 5.2 and Major Puser 1 pt 3TBP at 8.8

7.30 Chep Cicely 1 pt win at 6.2

7.20 Str Une De La Senieve  1 pt win at 9.4

8.20 Str Patient Dream 2 pt win at 4.8

Total stakes = 23.60 for today.  Let's hope that I get something back from that lot.  Shocking results for my favourite selections so far.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a lousy day's trading I have put another 3 pts on Patient Dream.  In total 5 pts to profit 18.72 pts should it oblige

26.60 stakes

RESULTS UPDATE

A poor day for returns.  I feel a little unlucky with my last selection.  It got bumped and lost its position and then had too much ground to make up on a 20/1 shot winner.  I forgot to list a 1 pt win on Soyounique which won at 10/1 so a small win double of 2.51 is all I have to show.  The MTD is +34.11 & YTD is -123.44

Very interesting day where I had 12 losers and 6 winners highlighted; however one winner was 1/66 and another 2/9 so it's more like 4 winners.  Very tough to win in those circumstances.  There is always tomorrow ?

11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

RESULTS UPDATE

A poor day for returns.  I feel a little unlucky with my last selection.  It got bumped and lost its position and then had too much ground to make up on a 20/1 shot winner.  I forgot to list a 1 pt win on Soyounique which won at 10/1 so a small win double of 2.51 is all I have to show.  The MTD is +34.11 & YTD is -123.44

Very interesting day where I had 12 losers and 6 winners highlighted; however one winner was 1/66 and another 2/9 so it's more like 4 winners.  Very tough to win in those circumstances.  There is always tomorrow ?

did you have the 1/66 shot EW? ?