** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing chat -Sunday 22nd May

Irish 1000 guineas 

Tuesday   9.3  11/4

Concert hall   9.0 14/1 

Mis en scene   8.6 

Agartha  8.4 

Tricky race ...lots of top class horses in with chances as you'd expect ...Tuesday looks the most likely winner ....but for a bit of value I'm gonna back concert hall ew .....the drop back in trip is questionable but just looks good ew value in a very open race 

Concert hall 5pt ew 14/1 

Very little time today, don't know where it goes.  Anyway, thought I would focus on @richard-westwood's races at the Curragh

2.10 Pirate Jenny 9/4

3.30 Tuesday 10/3

1 x 2 pt win double.  Poss return of 30.87 points

2.10 Curr Elanora 1 pt at 15/2, Sister Lola (trainer/jockey out of form)11/1, She's In The Game 12/1 and Zaajirar 11/1, last = 0.5 pts win

3.245 Curr Homeless Song 1 pt win 11/2, Miss En Scene 12/1, Argatha 12/1 and Concert Hall 14/1, last 3 = 0.5 pts win

4.20 curr Rough diamond 1 pt at 15/2, Additional 1 pt at 8/1, Verhoyen 0.5 pts 7/1 and Big Goosey 0.5 pts at 20/1

Total stakes = 10 points

Not brave enough for forecasts and Tricasts but best of luck to Richard ?

Edited by The Equaliser

Alanquer 9/2 last night, Lord North 2/1 fav, Alenquer beat Lord North fair and square last year, it also beat Derby winner Adayar fair and square. sometimes, not often, you get a gift, and yes i know i posted this after the event but my point is obvious.

As a little follow up to this. Tuesday 5/1 second fav for the Oaks, this is a horse that has 1 win from 4 races, good luck with that one if your daft enough.

Edited by Zilzalian
update

20 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Irish 1000 guineas 

Tuesday   9.3  11/4

Concert hall   9.0 14/1 

Mis en scene   8.6 

Agartha  8.4 

Tricky race ...lots of top class horses in with chances as you'd expect ...Tuesday looks the most likely winner ....but for a bit of value I'm gonna back concert hall ew .....the drop back in trip is questionable but just looks good ew value in a very open race 

Concert hall 5pt ew 14/1 

19 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

210 curr 

Pirate jenny   8.5 7/2 

Elanora    8.3 8/1 

Sister lola   8.3 16/1 

Open race but close,at the top    ....I'll try 3x 4pt wins ..6x 1pt forecasts  

18 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

420 curr 

Big gossey  8.6 12/1

Rough diamond  8.3 6/1

Verhoyen    8.0 8/1

Additional    8.0 8/1 

See if can squeeze some profit out 4x3pt wins ..12 x .5 forecasts 

Pirate jenny won ....Concert Hall ran well and finished 3rd   ...additional won the last ... .not bad as I hate Irish racing ....+19.00 on the day ...I'll take that any day ?

10 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Very little time today, don't know where it goes.  Anyway, thought I would focus on @richard-westwood's races at the Curragh

2.10 Pirate Jenny 9/4

3.30 Tuesday 10/3

1 x 2 pt win double.  Poss return of 30.87 points

2.10 Curr Elanora 1 pt at 15/2, Sister Lola (trainer/jockey out of form)11/1, She's In The Game 12/1 and Zaajirar 11/1, last = 0.5 pts win

3.245 Curr Homeless Song 1 pt win 11/2, Miss En Scene 12/1, Argatha 12/1 and Concert Hall 14/1, last 3 = 0.5 pts win

4.20 curr Rough diamond 1 pt at 15/2, Additional 1 pt at 8/1, Verhoyen 0.5 pts 7/1 and Big Goosey 0.5 pts at 20/1

Total stakes = 10 points

Not brave enough for forecasts and Tricasts but best of luck to Richard ?

RESULTS UPDATE

3 winners but Tuesday let me down on Sunday.  Fantastic performance by Homeless Songs.  Had Tuesday won I would have been quids in with my double.  My profit of 5.5 was brought about by @richard-westwood's selection Additional winning so thanks to him once more.  I feel that I am beginning to get the hang of tackling these wide open races.  I used to think it was better to play safe with 3/4 possible selections under 9/1 and favourites at odds between evens and 2/1.  After two years of wasting time on these beasts I now feel I'm better off playing the seemingly wider open races.  In this regard @Zilzalianwas right. I needed to change tack.  My thanks to him for that.  In all honesty I don't feel that one necessarily gets a better run from an even-money shot as opposed to a 5/1 fancied runner in an open race.

+5.5 points = MTD +69.32 and YTD -159.95