** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

World Grand Prix

Fader

Grand Prix get's underway today. Matches kick off tonight. Here is tonight's line up :

Bingtao Vs King (7pm)
Xintong Vs Gould (7pm)
K.Wilson Vs Hamilton (8.30pm)
M.Williams Vs Lisowski (8.30pm)

I'm alittle bit wary of taking Mark Williams to win tonight, after him saying that he can't do evening matches at the moment with his tiredness and Covid and him actually falling asleep against Hamilton but that was now 2 weeks ago and I would like to think he is back to some sort of decent health. He was playing some brilliant stuff last time we saw him and after a good UK Championship, Lisowski looked poor against Carrington in his 4-1 thrashing. 

Xintong takes on Gould in the earlier match and I think it's worth taking Gould at 6/4. Xintong since his win has gone and lost to Pei and he could still be in "Holiday mode" after his title win. Gould is actually playing well at the moment and pushed Higgins close. It will really depend on which Xintong turns up (as usual)

5pts M.Williams to beat J.Lisowski 4/5 paddypower
2pts Gould to beat Xintong 6/4 paddypower
-----------------------------------------------------------
1pt Gould and King both to win 8/1 paddypower

In the outright markets I'll be taking these couple 

1pt e/w M.Williams to win Grand Prix 25/1 coral
---------------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w A.Carter to win Grand Prix 66/1 betway
0.5pts e/w M.Gould to win Grand Prix 80/1 paddypower
0.5pts e/w C.Yupeng to win Grand Prix 80/1 paddypower
0.5pts e/w M.Selt to win Grand Prix 125/1 willhill

A win for Gould against Xintong but Williams, despite going 3-2 up and 35-0 up at 3-3, lost to Lisowski 4-3. Ugh! 

Lots of matches on today throughout the day :

Hawkins Vs Selby (1pm)
Walden Vs Bingham (1pm)
Gilbert Vs Carter (3pm)
Higgins Vs Ford (3pm)

McGill Vs Maguire (7pm)
Trump Vs Woollaston(7pm)
Allen Vs Yupeng (8.30pm)
Robertson Vs Saengkham (8.30pm)

I'm going to take Walden against Bingham this afternoon. Walden has abit of form recently after making the Quarter Final of the British Open and then the Semi-Finals of the Northern Ireland Open. The results haven't been as good in the last couple matches but he faces an out-of-form Bingham who has already lost to the likes of Ferg O'Brien and had a deciding leg win over Dean Young. He looked very average in his first round loss to Higginson at the Scottish Open. He lost that 4-1.

The other match that I'm going to take a chance on is Saengkham to beat Robertson. Saengkham is playing some good stuff recently and I think we're pretty unsure of Robbo at the moment. 9/4 just seems to big for that kind of indecision.

5pts Walden to beat Bingham 11/10 paddypower
2pts Saengkham to beat N.Robertson 9/4 paddypower
--------------------------------------------------
1pt accy - Hawkins, Walden, Yupeng and McGill 23/1 paddypower
0.5pt accy - Hawkins, McGill, Walden, Yupeng and Saengkham 76/1 paddypower

29 minutes ago, Fader said:

A win for Gould against Xintong but Williams, despite going 3-2 up and 35-0 up at 3-3, lost to Lisowski 4-3. Ugh! 

Lots of matches on today throughout the day :

Hawkins Vs Selby (1pm)
Walden Vs Bingham (1pm)
Gilbert Vs Carter (3pm)
Higgins Vs Ford (3pm)

McGill Vs Maguire (7pm)
Trump Vs Woollaston(7pm)
Allen Vs Yupeng (8.30pm)
Robertson Vs Saengkham (8.30pm)

I'm going to take Walden against Bingham this afternoon. Walden has abit of form recently after making the Quarter Final of the British Open and then the Semi-Finals of the Northern Ireland Open. The results haven't been as good in the last couple matches but he faces an out-of-form Bingham who has already lost to the likes of Ferg O'Brien and had a deciding leg win over Dean Young. He looked very average in his first round loss to Higginson at the Scottish Open. He lost that 4-1.

The other match that I'm going to take a chance on is Saengkham to beat Robertson. Saengkham is playing some good stuff recently and I think we're pretty unsure of Robbo at the moment. 9/4 just seems to big for that kind of indecision.

5pts Walden to beat Bingham 11/10 paddypower
2pts Saengkham to beat N.Robertson 9/4 paddypower
--------------------------------------------------
1pt accy - Hawkins, Walden, Yupeng and McGill 23/1 paddypower
0.5pt accy - Hawkins, McGill, Walden, Yupeng and Saengkham 76/1 paddypower

Definitely worth going against Robertson. He was very poor against Astley, and then it turns out he's been suffering from Pulsatile Tinnitus which possibly explains that poor performance. Even if he's got over that, Saengkham is no pushover and also a little bit like Ronnie, Robertson strikes me as vulnerable to an early loss in smaller tournaments.

Another deciding leg loss on Walden and Saengkham never turned up atall. Today just the one for me and it's Vafaei to beat Gary Wilson. Vafaei has had some nice form coming into this after making the Last 16 of the UK Championship and the Last 32 of the Scottish Open. I'll also go with Selt to beat Jimmy Robertson. Selt has made L16 of the UK Championship and beating Trump along the way and then made the Quarter Final of the Scottish Open and losing out to eventual winner, Brecel (on a deciding leg)

4pts Vafaei to beat G.Wilson evens paddypower
4pts Selt to beat J.Robertson evens paddypower

Vafaei beats Wilson and Selt loses. Selt was terrible for the first 3 frames. Absolute rubbish. Vafaei played well though and I think he is worth a bet against Ronnie, today. He beat him easily at the German Masters and that will only give him more confidence today. Ronnie only scored one 50+ against Hicks in his last round and I just don't think he is playing that great right now to warrant such big favoritism in every match

4pts Vafaei to beat O'Sullivan 5/2 betway
4pts Either player to win 3 frames in a row? No! 5/4 bet365
1pt Vafaei (-1.5 frames) to beat O'Sullivan 4/1 paddypower

2 hours ago, Torque said:

You've been unlucky @Fader Neither Saengkham or Vafaei turned up and it's hard to legislate for that. Still, luck always evens out in the end.

Glad you see that Torque. Appreciate that. Today was painful knowing Ronnie was there for the taking.

So Ronnie is playing like cr*p but nobody seems to be able to play their own game against him and beat him. He plays Jimmy Robertson today, who has played some good stuff for a while now but Ronnie has beaten him 4-0 in the last 2 matches and so he'll likely bottle it today. I'm not interested in a single bet in that match and the only decent bet I want is Neil Robertson to beat Selby. For all his problems, Neil has slowly improved his form and he has a good h2h record against Selby. Selby looked very average in his first match and although he looked good against Ford, I think Robbo wins that match.

There's a 7/2 special with PP that I'll take too and it's Neil Robertson, Bingham and Ronnie to win. Bingham has a good record against Maguire and Maguire has had a few poor performances against him. Bingham has managed to knock 2 of my outright bets out now and seems to find a way everytime. I've seen him hit more doubles than a pool match. I think he beats Maguire and I reckon Jimmy will bottle it and "do a vafaei".

5pts N.Robertson to beat M.Selby 9/10 paddypower
2pts Ronnie, Robbo, Bingham to win 7/2 paddypower