** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Michael Wray Spreadsheet system

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system .... just been looking at his spreadsheets for Euro.He does not appear to have any for Le Championnat.But staking 1pt on all the 28 matches played at the weekend would have produced a profit.Four correct scores came in :- two at 1-1 around 6.5 each, one at 2-2 around 13.00,and one at 1-1 around 13.00 which would have brought in something like 39 points minus stake 28 pts = 11 points profit.Could be some food for thought there perhaps.

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system Just noticed the spreadsheet system gave last night's Sunderland v Liverpool match at the Stadium of Light as a correct score 0-2. This week it predicts wins for Chelsea, Man U,Blackburn R, Bolton W,Tottenham H and WBA.Surprise one there is Bolton W to beat Arsenal....interesting!:unsure

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system So out of those half dozen mentioned earlier there were 4 wins,1 draw,1 loss including the 2-0 beating of Arsenal by Bolton, so not bad there.I checked it out on the Euro scene but not too good, although there could be possibilities.It's always going to be difficult to forecast correct scores, last weekend there were four correct,this weekend only one,but it was a 2-2 draw at around 13.00 so it would not take many to perhaps make a profit if the whole 28 were backed as singles.If one disregarded the scores and just took the results predicted,then this was brought up to 10 correct from the 28 matches, so again not a world beater as yet!:)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system ..... seems to me that nobody else is interested in this thread. Pity as I think that it has distinct possibilities.Bruise obviously started this off but maybe has not got the time to persue his interests.He actually attempted to report on matches within the Championship scenario, but maybe there is more leverage within the Euro matches.Take the weekend as an example,if you disregard correct scores and take h,d or a predictions, this system gave 17 correct from 29 matches = 58.62% in a week when there were some strange looking results around.Had there been any punters around who then staked one point on every score predicted in Michael Wray's spreadsheet system, there would have been 7 correct scores, 3 at 1-0,2 at 1-1,1 at 1-2, and 1 at 2-1, notching up some 55 points or so. After stake deduction,producing a handsome 25+ profit,something I think most punters would be happy with.I for one shall analyse this further.;)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system Merlin, I'm interested in this thread, I played about with these files early season and got some mixed results. I'm interested to discover if there has been an improvement in the predicitions over the season as more data is avail. Keep the updates coming please

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system Hello there Foolsgold and welcome return indeed to the thread.I was beginning to think that I was typing to myself.Thanks.I did e-mail Michael Wray and asked the question as to whether there would be a greater degree of accuracy expected as more results etc were input.He confirmed this to be so, and whilst I was missing from earlier threads it looks as if this is picking up some momentum in that respect.His system does not cater for Le Championnat of course,but last weekend he had 4 correct results in Primera Liga, and 3 correct Serie A, none correct in Bundesliga. If you require an up to date spreadsheet, just PM me and I will send one over.Anyone else wanting this just do the same.All comments most welcome.;)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system .... many thanks to you too Punto83 great to get some feedback. As with any system, it definitely is down to game selection, but that goes with any system or otherwise.It gave Swansea 1-1 with Colchester correctly which was a surprise and Cheltenham 2-2 with Macclesfield, but if coupon matches are selected then its probably wiser to take the prediction rather than the scoreline.Iv'e noticed that clear predictions such as 2-0,3-0,4-0 appear to give winners provided the score is ignored and the selection based rather on the home win etc.Do come back for further discussion.Cheers.;)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system I've been following the fortunes of teams predicted to win by two clear goals using Michael's system,and they appear to be doing quite well, though I must admit that I have not kept any records(slap on hand)! I thought that I would record the findings for this week just to see how they go,and perhaps some system may yet evolve from this.Teams falling in this prediction area this week are:- Leicester C 3-1,Bournemouth 3-0,Northampton 3-0 in the Brits. Ones to note in Euro being Barcelona(away)3-0,Valencia(away)2-0, Seville 2-0, and Villarreal 2-0.Just looking at purely the home and away wins and not the scores btw, so will be interesting to see just how they fare.:eyes

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system Anybody have any idea how the predictions are actually calculated? Theres obviously alot of data contained in the spreadsheets, and if the prediction calculation could be tweaked a bit I reckon some very interesting stuff could be done with it.

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system Hi there Mac and welcome with your thoughts on the spreadsheet.Michael has obviously put a lot of time and thought in his designs, and these are exceptional spreadsheets indeed.I think the art is in interpreting which way is the way to get the best out of the predictions provided.I think that the workings are inbuilt,so to the best of my knowledge I don't know whether any tweaking can be done, and if it can, is it going to better the outcome?Trying to forecast correct scores is no easy matter at the best of times, for example this week one would have to forecast 23 matches as Le Championnat is not covered by the system.How many could the average punter hope to predict correctly?My guess would be four or five at the most and certainly Michael's spreadsheet is well capable of doing this already.It notched up 7 correct last week so maybe not so bad after all.It's down to how we use this information to suit our own ends.Last week gave 17 correct h/d/a predictions =58.62% so again down to eventual bookies odds as to whether a profit could be made that way. I firmly believe there is scope in these spreadsheets, which certainly provide food for thought!;)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system Don't get me wrong merlin, not saying that theres no use in the predictions provided, they certainly have been very useful to me so far. I'd just be really interested to see how the scores are derived and see if you could do anything else with the wealth of data that is at the core of the spreadsheet

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system I was not suggesting for one minute that you had it wrong Mac, the above examples I provided were merely one form of guidance and an insight into avenues which could be persued.It's fairly clear that as results are entered each week into the spreadsheet, these will have an impact on each team's performances.Michael will no doubt have some form of weightings built into his setup and I am sure that League Tables will also play their part as I have seen these at the bottom of the page,and there is even an update button there for these.I think there is fair scope for playing around a bit more with the data and to see just what is churned out by way of results as each week progresses.I note that one correct result is already in the bag tonight with Brighton 2 Hull C 1.;)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system Hi there Mydog, good to have you aboard and showing some interest in this.Michael usually updates his sheets on a regular basis, I've just popped in and noticed that his sheets are up to the 14th December for most Leagues,so looks as if they are fairly well up to date.If you want a copy of mine it may be easier for you, I have English Prem,Championship,Coca-Cola Leagues 1 and 2,he does not have any for the Scots or France,but I have the others Spain,Italy and Germany,so just PM me and leave your e-mail address and I will do the rest for you,no problem.Hope that you find the thread shaping up for interest.;)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system

.... just been tracking last weekend's games where 2-0 or greater was predicted.Fifteen games qualified and eleven were winners = 73.33%' date=' so must keep tracking these.:eyes[/quote'] Like you Merlin, I have started following the same thing this week. Downloaded the spreadsheets last night which gave me 6 teams predicted to win by 2 goals or more. Small level stake singles on all today, 5 out of 6 won.:clap Leicester 1.61:( Reading 1.66:D Ipswich 2.70:D Bournemouth 1.83:D Colchester 1.70:D Northampton 1.72:D Will continue to follow these over the coming weeks and see if this sort of trend continues. It may get a bit hectic though over the festive period given the number of fixtures coming up and the likely consumption of alcohol.:loon

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system .... welcome aboard eltrev, and great to see you getting involved with this.Also great to see your win, as you say 5 out of 6 correct, so one cannot argue with those figures.A win is a win after all. I believe one just has to play around a wee bit, and note just where all the winners are coming from.Long may it last.Cheers.Merlin.;)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system .... sorry Mydog, the idea was good,but sending the spreadsheets by e-mail seems to be taking forever and a day!Tried this but super slow, so the downloads will probably be your best bet after all.Will comment more on this weekend later.;)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system Well I've decided to hop on the >2 goal system, so have done 4 matches today

Alaves v Valencia Sevilla v Real Sociedad Villareal v Getafe Werder Bremen v Hamburger SV Sorry the post is a bit late and the matches are under way, but thought I'd post anyway. Villareal and Sevilla are loosing as I speak tho :(

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system ... seems to be proving popular this >2.0 goals selections.Leicester knocked me out of a treble yesterday with a 1-1 whilst the other two came in.Today I landed a four timer with Barca,Sevilla, Villarreal,and Valencia. So recapping, the Brits had 5 correct from 6 = 83.33% and Euro had 4 correct from four of the ones I covered, so overall 9 correct from 10!For those interested, I will post the selections when known.:)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system Well 3 out of 4 isn't bad at all for today :) Predictions up until 21st are according to Mr. Wray's 2 goals or more....... Barcelona Osasuna Valencia Inter Livorno Parma Alot of odds on ones, but Livorno could be an interesting one. I'll be putting £10 on em all, lets see what happens :)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system ... the full list of qualifiers for Euro matches dated Wed 21st December:- Barcelona Deportivo Osasuna Real Sociedad Valencia Inter Milan Juventus Livorno Parma Maybe too many selections here, may have to be more selective, probably taking the larger odds on offer.;)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system .... full list of >2-0 qualifiers fro matches dated 26th December:- Chelsea Liverpool Man U Middlesbrough Bolton W Tottenham H Derby Co. Sheffield U Gillingham Colchester U Macclesfield T Northampton T Hereford U Gravesend & N .... again looks a bit heavy this list, so may have to do some vetting to reduce.;)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system 14 teams to win by 2 or more goals doesn't look at heavy to be honest. This is the kind of numbers i'd expect. Again they are odds on, but that is good. I'm sure that most people aren't aware of this, but the bookies average 12% profit is not spilt evenly among all selections. There is a major bias in profit on the longer shot prices, where it can be better hidden from the punter. A study a few year back, bet on every price over 3.0 in England over 2 seasons, with 1 pounds even stakes. It returned on average 84p for every pounds staked. The same study also backed every team priced at 1.5 or less, it returned on average 96p for every pound staked. This shows that there is better value to be had in the odds on mostly homes, you only have to beat a 4% edge.

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system Merlin, Can you please confirm, he really predicts Livrno to beat AC Milian, by more than 2 clear goals ?? I know they are having a good season but.... Also could you please post upto date copies of these files on here ?

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system .... Hi there Foolsgold, good to see you around again.Just double checked the Livorno A C Milan prediction again, and no change, it definitely states 2-0.How do I go about attaching the files to this message board, not done any previously.:unsure

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system There is a manage attachments button at the bottom of the message box when you do reply. (Might need to select advanced to get to the correct one - it has all the smilies on the right) Then just browse to the attachment on your computer and it should upload. :ok