** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Anytime Goalscorer System

With Petagna scoring it seems a good time for a quick update. The last 8 bets have been sequence of LWLWLWLW for a profit of just over 30 points.

25 winners from 76 bets for a loss of 51.81 points.

I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic that this can get into the black with a bigger sample size. So far we've scene the aforesaid sequence, 1 winner from the 1st 20 bets and a run of 10 consecutive winners in between. I think it's fair to say we don't know what "normal" looks like yet!

4 out of 5 since the last update, Firmino the only loser.

30 winners from 84 bets for a profit of 10.89 points.

Nice to get out of the red given how things stood after the last bet before Christmas (and not forgetting the 1 winner from 20 start). Intrigued to see how it progresses from here.

On 12/23/2021 at 12:39 PM, harry_rag said:

Benzema the only scorer from 9 attempts yesterday for a 52.56 point loss. 11 winners from 55 bets and -217.67 points.

21 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

30 winners from 84 bets

That's a strike rate of 35.7% so lagging my data sample of 819 players which sits at 39.4%

The pre-Christmas strike rate was 20% and since then it's been a very nice (but presumably unsustainable) 65.5%. 

Given the volatility so far I'll keep the stakes at 10 points for now.

1 from 3 since the last update (Dybala) there were 3 missed selections yesterday during the site outage that I'm going to include for completeness (1 winner from 3 made for a small profit). They were losing bets of 7.86 points on Solanke (Bournemouth) at 21/10 and 10 points on Wood (Newcastle) at 2.58 and a winner on Jimenez (Wolves) at 3.5.

32 winners from 90 bets for a profit of 12.53 points.

On 12/30/2021 at 11:39 AM, harry_rag said:

21 winners from 66 bets and -61.85 points.

There was one more losing bet in 2021 so the figure at year end would have been 21 winners from 67 bets and -71.85 points. I was just recording the system bets in with my overall anytime bets so the figures in this thread were being calculated on the back of an envelope. Having gone back and double checked (I've done a manual re-calc and a spreadsheet check) I can confirm that the correct figure for last year was actually -60.21 points. I'll double check this year's figures (should be ok as been tracking in a spreadsheet) ahead of the next update.

3 hours ago, harry_rag said:

there were 3 missed selections yesterday during the site outage that I'm going to include for completeness (1 winner from 3 made for a small profit). They were losing bets of 7.86 points on Solanke (Bournemouth) at 21/10 and 10 points on Wood (Newcastle) at 2.58 and a winner on Jimenez (Wolves) at 3.5.

Ok, bit of tidying up and an update! I'm not going to count the win on Jimenez because I'm pretty sure it falls foul of the current filter for best bookies price being over 11/5. I can't be sure from the screenshots I took yesterday (I was out and about) but, given that I didn't post it due to the outage and think it's likely to have hit the filter, I'll exclude it from the results for the system.

So, last year we had 21 winners from 67 bets for a loss of 60.21 points.

This year it's 10 winners from 23 bets for a profit of 49.87 points.

Overall it's 31 winners from 90 bets for a loss of 10.34 points.

All audited up to date and all automated from here on in! :loon