2020 European Championship Semi-Final Predictions > Jul 6th & 7th

Gone for Either team in ET or Either team on Pens double x 4

Italy v Spain ET @ 5/1

Italy v Spain Pens @ 4/1

England v Denmark ET @ 11/2

England v Denmark Pens @ 9/2

Min  23.5/1 

Max @ 35/1

Had what little Paddy ( price above ) and Sky ( very near ) would allow .

:ok

@peanut peanut Wouldn't 4 points on the draw double return more than 1 point even on the best possible double out of those 4, e.g.

4 points at 11/5 and 5/2 returns 44.8 but 1 point at 5/1 and 11/2 returns 39. Or have I missed something?

On a happier note, well done on the 2-1s, I assume they've shown a decent return now?

Italy vs Spain

Italy heads to this game after an excellent performance against Belgium. Roberto Mancini’s side celebrated a 2:1 victory against the top FIFA World Rankings team and came two steps away from lifting the trophy. Azzurri have been very convincing, especially in the first half, and the match could have been more comfortable for them if the referee hasn’t awarded Belgium a dubious penalty. Lorenzo Insigne and the lads dominated the game and continued their remarkable unbeaten streak. Italy booked 13 victories in a row, conceding only twice on that road. However, Leonardo Spinazzola’s absence could be a major setback for Azzurri, as Roma’s star has been excellent in this tournament.

After going through an extra time temptation against Croatia, La Furia Roja had a penalty drama against Switzerland. Luis Enrique’s side failed to capitalize on outnumbering the opponent on the field and headed to the penalty roulette. Despite not converting two out of the first three penalty kicks, Spain was luckier to go through due to a terrible composure of Swiss players. Sergio Busquets and the lads celebrated only once in the regulation time so far in EURO 2020, but they managed to reach the latter stages in the tournament. Spain hasn’t been very convincing so far, except for the game against Slovakia. This game is going to be their biggest challenge so far, and they need the best performance yet to go through the finals.

Full-Time Winner Odds & Prediction

It is going to be a very tight clash that can go either way. Both teams have significant experience playing these kinds of matches, and a moment of inspiration could decide the winner. According to the latest performances, we see Italy as a slight favorite. Azzurri should be fresher as well, and their midfield could cope with the Spanish possession football.

Goals Market Prediction

Although Italy has been tough to crack lately, Spain is capable of scoring against any team. We could see another entertaining match, resulting in both teams scoring at least once in the game.

Italy to Win @ 2.50 

BTTS Yes @ 1.90 

Correct score 2:1 @ 11.00

Italy

They play well this season under the management of Roberto Mancini. In last game, they win over the top team, Belgium at 2-1. Their strategy is to focus on defensive and keep a high possession percentage. There is a bad news that Leonardo Spinazzola is injured. It is hard to say whether they can play well as expected.

Spain

Instead, Spain go with a few bumps this season. They get a narrow win from Croatia in extra time and then defeat Switzerland by penalty after 120 minutes, coming into semifinal. They have a bit of luck. They play aggressively and they are very good in the transition, which weakens their defensive, with 5 conceding goals in total this season.   

Verdict:

Italy are slightly better than Spain in form. Italy are in high morale as they defeat Belgium at 2-1 in last game. Spain get 2 draws recently. But Italy have an incomplete squad due to Leonardo Spinazzolas absence. Perhaps it is a chance for Spain. It is predicted they will draw in 90 minutes.

Prediction: 0-0, 1-1

Factors I consider important in deciding Italy v Spain:

Preparation:

I think final preparation is important and whilst Spain trained on Monday in Madrid, Italy made the far more sensible choice and trained at the Hive in Barnet. So one day before the match Spain trained over 1000 miles from the venue (Wembley) and Italy only 8 miles. 

Team News:

Spinazzola's place in the Italy starting line-up is likely to go to Chelsea left-back Emerson. Spain winger Pablo Sarabia is a major doubt after being forced off with a muscle problem against Switzerland and may be replaced by Dani Olmo. (Source BBC)

Main Statistics:

Morata and Gerard Moreno, rank first and second for big chances missed at Euro 2020.

Italy had 11 clean sheets consecutively before conceding against both Austria ad Belgium in the knock out stages. 

In my opinion - Conclusion:

I think Italy will keep a clean sheet. Spain for me play too slow and pass for passing sake. Italy will have plenty of time to get into position and defend.

Spain will get hit on the counter-attack numerous times leading to yellow cards for Spain's midfield as they try to thwart it. Even without Spinazzola I see Italy as being too strong with the referee playing a key role.

Italy to win 2-0

Edited by andypaps28

Italy vs Spain

The 2020 European Championship Semi-Finals are here and it's a massive game coming our way on Tuesday night when two of the pre-tournament favourites lock horns in an 8pm BST kick-off at Wembley Stadium as Italy play Spain. These two teams have had moments of terrifying quality during this tournament but both have also shown they can be caught out when they lose focus.

Italy were my tips to win the tournament and I still feel they are the biggest threat to England right now. Roberto Mancini's side picked up a superb 2-1 win over Belgium in the Quarter-Finals that showed they can deliver against the most dangerous teams in this tournament. There is a blow to the Azzurri though with key full back Leonardo Spinazzola ruled out until 2022. It's now 32 games undefeated for Italy and Mancini boasts a win ratio of 75% as their head coach. The fact they have now won 13 games in a row and maintain the only 100% win record of all the teams left in this tournament shows exactly why they are considered the team to beat. Are there signs that the defensive ethos that has provided the solid foundation for this Italian team is beginning to crack? It had been 11 clean sheets in a row but they have now conceded in both of their last two knockout games against Austria and Belgium. Can they handle it when teams are forced to come at them?

Spain have produced a Jekyll and Hyde performance this tournament. Head coach Luis Enrique has seen his side deliver some golden moments such as the 5-0 destruction of Slovakia and the epic 5-3 win against Croatia after extra-time in the last 16. However, La Roja have also turned in some impotent attacking displays with the two draws against Sweden and Poland fortunate not to be punished by smash and grab defeats with the 3-1 win on penalties over Switzerland after a 1-1 draw in the Quarter-Finals also showing how the Spanish have ridden their luck. There is no denying that this possession-based Spain team have the potential to beat anyone but, in equal measure, they also have the potential to lose to anybody.

If Spain can take a hold of that midfield battle and then supply their attack then this game could simply come down to how well the Italians can repel the Spanish front line or if the Spanish front line has the ability to carve open that Italian defence. A classic attack versus defence battle. I'm not sure we'll have a winner in 90 minutes here. Two very different playing philosophies and only one can come out on top. I'm still backing Italy to progress.

Italy to Qualify @ 1.79 with SBK

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.67 with SBK

18 minutes ago, waynecoyne said:

Insigne to score direct from a free kick 42/1 (sporting index)-they only let me have £10 on this one

:eek Wow, how much did you want to have on! I think I'd struggle to get a fiver on at those odds with a lot of firms.

The RP tip Barella 1st e/w at 18/1 (6 goals in 27 caps, 4 of them 1st goal, has a licence to get forward) so I was surprised to see him as big as 10/1 anytime. Spreads offer slightly better value so I've split my stake thus for a low risk interest.

Buy Barella's goal minutes for 1 point at 4 and his Goal Rush Plus for 2 points at 2, both with SPIN

The Goal Rush Plus bets pays 25 points for 1 goal, 50 for 2 and 100 for 3 so clearly edges the 10/1 anytime.

11 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Buy Barella's goal minutes for 1 point at 4 and his Goal Rush Plus for 2 points at 2, both with SPIN

Added 10 points on him getting an assist at 15/2 Lads. Has 2 already and, if he's going to be spending so much time attacking, I might as well cover the possibility of him being provider rather than scorer!

32 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

:eek Wow, how much did you want to have on! I think I'd struggle to get a fiver on at those odds with a lot of firms.

The RP tip Barella 1st e/w at 18/1 (6 goals in 27 caps, 4 of them 1st goal, has a licence to get forward) so I was surprised to see him as big as 10/1 anytime. Spreads offer slightly better value so I've split my stake thus for a low risk interest.

The Goal Rush Plus bets pays 25 points for 1 goal, 50 for 2 and 100 for 3 so clearly edges the 10/1 anytime.

I was being greedy @harry_ragand trying for double that. If they get a free kick on the edge of the box you would expect him to take it

and we've already seen how good he is at bending it into the top corner. Joined you on barella goal minutes 4 looks low

England vs Denmark

England is just two steps away from winning the EURO 2020 title, and they enjoy the excellent form. Gareth Southgate’s side missed the chance to win just once on the last 11 occasions, and they want to keep up where they left off. Harry Maguire and the lads allowed only one goal during that period, and they still haven’t conceded in the tournament. Although their group stage campaign wasn’t so convincing, England improved its performances in the knockout rounds. They bagged two against Germany while trashing Ukraine 4:0 in the quarter-finals. At the same time, it was their best display in EURO 2020, and now, they come back to the Wembley Stadium to secure a place in the battle for the trophy.

Very few people expected Denmark at this stage, especially after their first two matches in the group stage. However, De rød-hvide smashed Russia to clinch a place in the knockout stage and started playing much better. They eliminated Wales and the Czech Republic on their way to the semis, and this game is going to be their biggest challenge in the tournament. Kasper Dolberg and the lads have been very productive lately, as they packed ten goals in the last three matches. Although they will play this game on the away ground, Denmark has a positive experience from the previous two encounters against England. They secured a goalless draw at home while beating the Three Lions at the Wembley Stadium. They will definitely search for the same recipe that could lead them to the finals.

Full-Time Winner Odds & Prediction

Although England is considered a favorite, they won’t have an easy task at all. If they beat themselves, the Three Lions will advance to the finals. The pressure is massive, and they need to meet the expectations at the home ground. However, we believe this generation won’t crack under pressure and will celebrate a vital victory in this clash.

Goals Market Prediction

England has been unbeatable in the back recently, while, on the other hand, Denmark was pretty clinical. We think it’s time for Jordan Pickford to concede his first goal in the tournament, and we expect to see goals in both nets.

England to Win @ 1.75 

BTTS Yes @ 2.20 

Correct score 2:1 @ 10.00

10 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Sticking with the draws and shootouts angles.

Italy v Spain: 20 points on the draw at 3.3 on BF

England v Denmark: 20 points on the draw at 14/5 with Lads

5 points on the draw double at 11/1 with Uni

15 points on the first game going to pens at 6.25 on BF and 15 on the second game doing so at 11/2 with Hills

2 good calls well done harry

England vs Denmark

The second Semi-Final at the 2020 European Championship is scheduled for 8pm BST on Wednesday night when England play Denmark at Wembley Stadium. The winners will face Italy in a hotly-anticipated Final, also at Wembley Stadium, after the Azzurri defeated Spain in the first Semi-Final 4-2 on penalties after a 1-1 draw after extra-time on Tuesday evening.

England stand their best chance of reaching a first major international tournament final since 1966 as they enter this game on home turf. Gareth Southgate's side have kept 5 clean sheets in their tournament matches so far but have also shown they can score goals as well as keep them out by banging in 8 goals in their matches up until now. The Three Lions will be playing in front of a largely partisan English crowd of 60,000 people in this game. It's 4 wins from 5 games for England in this tournament and with all but one of their matches so far being played at Wembley Stadium you can understand why. The big bonus for England right now is that Harry Kane has started to find form at the right time banging in 3 goals in his last 2 games for his country.

Denmark will be looking to continue to take inspiration from their absent warrior Christian Eriksen. The attacking midfielder has been unable to play since his collapse and cardiac arrest in the opening game against Finland. The Danes have since gone on a stunning run that has given them their best chance of reaching a major international tournament final since they won the European Championship back in 1992. Kasper Hjulmand's side didn't have the best of starts to the tournament losing their opening two games but they have since won all three matches since with their 3-4-3 formation allowing them to attack teams and score 10 goals in their last 3 matches. Joakim Maehle and Mikkel Damsgaard have been their standout performers but this is a Denmark team that still boasts team spirit as its main strength.

This might not be the Semi-Final that many people expected to see at the beginning of this tournament. Denmark have galvanized against all the odds and now stand on the brink of making their own history. However, they face an England team who will also feel this is their destiny. Winning a major international tournament on home turf. 55 years after it was last achieved by an English team. It's going to be a fascinating game and dare we forget that when these two last met just 9 months ago at this venue in the UEFA Nations League it was Denmark who prevailed as 1-0 winners. Another penalty shootout on the horizon?

England to Win & BTTS @ 4.75 with Bet365

Anytime Scorer: Harry Kane @ 2.84 with SBK

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

England vs Denmark

The second Semi-Final at the 2020 European Championship is scheduled for 8pm BST on Wednesday night when England play Denmark at Wembley Stadium. The winners will face Italy in a hotly-anticipated Final, also at Wembley Stadium, after the Azzurri defeated Spain in the first Semi-Final 4-2 on penalties after a 1-1 draw after extra-time on Tuesday evening.

England stand their best chance of reaching a first major international tournament final since 1966 as they enter this game on home turf. Gareth Southgate's side have kept 5 clean sheets in their tournament matches so far but have also shown they can score goals as well as keep them out by banging in 8 goals in their matches up until now. The Three Lions will be playing in front of a largely partisan English crowd of 60,000 people in this game. It's 4 wins from 5 games for England in this tournament and with all but one of their matches so far being played at Wembley Stadium you can understand why. The big bonus for England right now is that Harry Kane has started to find form at the right time banging in 3 goals in his last 2 games for his country.

Denmark will be looking to continue to take inspiration from their absent warrior Christian Eriksen. The attacking midfielder has been unable to play since his collapse and cardiac arrest in the opening game against Finland. The Danes have since gone on a stunning run that has given them their best chance of reaching a major international tournament final since they won the European Championship back in 1992. Kasper Hjulmand's side didn't have the best of starts to the tournament losing their opening two games but they have since won all three matches since with their 3-4-3 formation allowing them to attack teams and score 10 goals in their last 3 matches. Joakim Maehle and Mikkel Damsgaard have been their standout performers but this is a Denmark team that still boasts team spirit as its main strength.

This might not be the Semi-Final that many people expected to see at the beginning of this tournament. Denmark have galvanized against all the odds and now stand on the brink of making their own history. However, they face an England team who will also feel this is their destiny. Winning a major international tournament on home turf. 55 years after it was last achieved by an English team. It's going to be a fascinating game and dare we forget that when these two last met just 9 months ago at this venue in the UEFA Nations League it was Denmark who prevailed as 1-0 winners. Another penalty shootout on the horizon?

England to Win & BTTS @ 4.75 with Bet365

Anytime Scorer: Harry Kane @ 2.84 with SBK

skybet have Kane anytime boosted at 3/1 but £10 max

they also have maguire to score an anytime header at 16/1 which looks better value than my suggested fgs at 25/1