** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

racing chat sunday

Today's selections....

2pt win
1300 Southwell
Jeans Maite 5/2

2pt win double
1440 Market Rasen Gouet Des Bruyeres
1540 Market Rasen First Class Return (NAP)
7/2

2pt win double
1550 Fairyhouse Gentlemansgame
9/2

2.5pt win
1450 Fairyhouse
Thedevilscoachman 7/4

8.5pts staked.

Just put First Class Return up as my NAP of the day, available at 1/1. Won't be backing as a single as it is already in two of my doubles. 

Edited by Barnes1882

Only looked at the first four races at Market Rasen today so far, not sure when I can look at any other races.

1.10 Take your pick from the top 3 in the betting.  I like Subway Surf for the track.  Its price is at best 9/4 and that may be of some value but I'll pass

1.40 Royal Pretender is about 8/11 to win this.  Has disappointed in its last two hurdle races so I'll let other people keep the faith with this one

2.10 Ernesto is between 5/2 & 11/4 favourite for this.  I think that the track will suit this one but I just don't like the distance of over two and a half miles.  Universal Folly hasn't been out since November which worries me a bit. Not sure what to make of Fletch.  I have decided to have a small wager of £1.50 on Diamond Rose at 9/1.  The horse is a CD winner on Good ground.  It has won off 91 & 95 and is on 96.  It ran well last time so I hope that is fully wound up to run a good race today

2.40 Gouet Des Bruyeres won really well last Thursday and although it has a 7lbs penalty looks sure to give a really good account.  However, taking odds on about it winning does not appeal to me.  Armattiekan has a far better winning profile than the favourite and Brian Hughes will be keen to get as many winners as possible to see off Harry Skelton for the jockey's title so I have put a £2.50 win on 6.0 = £12.25 if it wins.

A whopping £4 outlay for me so far today.

This sets the tone of my betting style from now on.  All the favourites don't win so I am trying to be very selective about the ones from the menu of 3 race meetings that I feel wiil win and put money on them.  I will get back to my multiple bets in the near future, my favourite bet being the Trixie associated with single win bets.

Good luck to all today

2 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:
Today's selections....

2pt win
1300 Southwell
Jeans Maite 5/2

2pt win double
7/2

2pt win double
9/2

2.5pt win
1450 Fairyhouse
Thedevilscoachman 7/4

8.5pts staked.

Just put First Class Return up as my NAP of the day, available at 1/1. Won't be backing as a single as it is already in two of my doubles. 

One more added, done for the day, looks a tough day.

2 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:
Today's selections....

2pt win
1300 Southwell
Jeans Maite 5/2

2pt win double
7/2

2pt win double
9/2

2.5pt win
1450 Fairyhouse
Thedevilscoachman 7/4

8.5pts staked.

First Class Return NR

Keeping the doubles as single bets.

So 4 x single bets today. 

New NAP posted in NAP group is Gouet Des Bruyeres.

5 hours ago, Wildgarden said:

100 southwell brandy station 19.0 win / 4.5 place won 32 bsp 5.9 place drifted out.

206 southwell surrajah 11.0 win / 3.05 place drifted out somewhat to be unplaced.

336 southwell deevious bleu 4.8 win / 2.02 place won 

betfair exchange

sorry should have put bsp on brandy disnt realise would drift like that oh well. 2/3 anyway

Edited by Wildgarden

3 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:
Today's selections....

2pt win
1300 Southwell
Jeans Maite 5/2

2pt win double
7/2

2pt win double
9/2

2.5pt win
1450 Fairyhouse
Thedevilscoachman 7/4

8.5pts staked.

NEW LIST FOLLOWING THE NR....

2pt win
1300 Southwell
Jeans Maite 5/2

2pt win double (NOW A 2PT WIN SINGLE)

2.5pt win
1450 Fairyhouse
Thedevilscoachman 7/4

1.5pt win double
5/2

10pts staked.

6 minutes ago, Barnes1882 said:

NEW LIST FOLLOWING THE NR....

2pt win
1300 Southwell
Jeans Maite 5/2

2.5pt win
1450 Fairyhouse
Thedevilscoachman 7/4

1.5pt win double
5/2

10pts staked.

Late addition....

2.5pt win

1631 Plumpton

Jumping Cats 7/4

12.5pts staked.

6 hours ago, Ironjoe said:

4 from the all weather

1.00 dark side prince 6/1 2nd

2.06 mister freeze 100/30 2nd

3.06 russian rumour 5/2 1st

3.36 decision maker 11/2 2nd

1pt wins plus a small lucky 15

Good luck

1 first and 3 seconds, unlucky

Edited by Ironjoe

8 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Only looked at the first four races at Market Rasen today so far, not sure when I can look at any other races.

1.10 Take your pick from the top 3 in the betting.  I like Subway Surf for the track.  Its price is at best 9/4 and that may be of some value but I'll pass

1.40 Royal Pretender is about 8/11 to win this.  Has disappointed in its last two hurdle races so I'll let other people keep the faith with this one

2.10 Ernesto is between 5/2 & 11/4 favourite for this.  I think that the track will suit this one but I just don't like the distance of over two and a half miles.  Universal Folly hasn't been out since November which worries me a bit. Not sure what to make of Fletch.  I have decided to have a small wager of £1.50 on Diamond Rose at 9/1.  The horse is a CD winner on Good ground.  It has won off 91 & 95 and is on 96.  It ran well last time so I hope that is fully wound up to run a good race today

2.40 Gouet Des Bruyeres won really well last Thursday and although it has a 7lbs penalty looks sure to give a really good account.  However, taking odds on about it winning does not appeal to me.  Armattiekan has a far better winning profile than the favourite and Brian Hughes will be keen to get as many winners as possible to see off Harry Skelton for the jockey's title so I have put a £2.50 win on 6.0 = £12.25 if it wins.

A whopping £4 outlay for me so far today.

This sets the tone of my betting style from now on.  All the favourites don't win so I am trying to be very selective about the ones from the menu of 3 race meetings that I feel wiil win and put money on them.  I will get back to my multiple bets in the near future, my favourite bet being the Trixie associated with single win bets.

Good luck to all today

RESULTS UPDATE

Well I managed to avoid four well fancied losers two odds on so that has to be a plus.  I also got one winner from my two bets with Hughsie doing the business on Armattiekan.

Once in front I decided to leave it there.  My net profit for the day was £10.75.  My new singles balance is now £538.14 (Bank £500)

There is top class racing at Kempton tomorrow on the flat.  I'll give it a miss and look at Chepstow and Plumpton.  Looks like Harry Skelton will be going for some winners at Plumpton whilst Hughsie looks to have drawn the short straw at Chepstow.  Should be fun to see for me but may not be so for Brian Hughes