** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

ANOTHER SHOCKER FROM MOORE

There’s a reason why he rides so many winners and rides a lot of favourites for big trainers . He’s clearly not overrated. Only so much a jockey can do, if the horse isn’t playing ball there’s nothing a jockey can do. Horses are not machines and jockeys are only human, and will make mistakes . 

4 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

To be fair to Matthew he did post before the winners.

From a betting perspective he is over rated, he is over-bet, with an AE of 0.95.

Maybe from a betting perspective he is overrated. However I have had the fortune of speaking with a few trainers and when asked who, in their opinion is the best jockey around, Ryan Moore is their answer. In terms of the post-race feedback they get & the education he provides to the horses as well as being a great judge of pace there’s no one better. Pretty sure the likes of AOB would look elsewhere if he didn’t agree. 

13 hours ago, DanV89 said:

Maybe from a betting perspective he is overrated. However I have had the fortune of speaking with a few trainers and when asked who, in their opinion is the best jockey around, Ryan Moore is their answer. In terms of the post-race feedback they get & the education he provides to the horses as well as being a great judge of pace there’s no one better. Pretty sure the likes of AOB would look elsewhere if he didn’t agree. 

Great jockey, miserable sod.

If he had Hayleys personality, he would be a lot more popular

2 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

I remember Richie Persad trying to interview him after his 4th 2nd place at HQ a few years ago , the look he gave Persad was scary .

Think he's rode 3 or 4 four timers on the flat this year albeit no Murphy ,Dettori , Crowley , SDS to compete against .

4 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

You can feel the agony he is going through when Chapman attempts to interview him after a race. I saw after one race he flat out refused an interview. Strange that his jumping brothers are very outgoing.

1 hour ago, matthew tompsett said:

Thanks for the replies but l stand by my over rated opinion and l defy anyone to tell me he gave Host anything but a poor and very tender ride.

You are obviously talking through your pockets mate.

I have just watched the race and you see much worst rides on a daily basis. 

Watch it again. He is held up mid div and ends up following a horse which is under pressure. He cannot pull out because there is a horse on his outside and traffic on the inner, so he has to sit and suffer. Once they go round the final bend, he starts to make progress, goes for a gap, which immediately closes. At that point he has no chance of winning. Maybe if he had put the horse under maximum pressure he could have got 4th or 3rd, but if it was my horse I would want him to preserve the handicap mark and save it for another day. But I would say off its current rating and with a bit of luck in running,it should win a race.

Thanks for the replies but l stand by my over rated opinion and l defy anyone to tell me he gave Host anything but a poor and very tender ride.

Sorry WANDERLUST/MCLARKE you need to watch the race again , so unless we are 100% sure we are winning , we dont ride a finish and are  saving our handicap mark for another day.

He was covered up going well ,and when he came into the straight he was  hardly sandwiched with no run, made no effort to switch and tenderly ridden out.

Plus massive drifter on the day

Attheraces had numerous email complaints and because its Moore you are all making excuses

Give me a hungry jockey any day reminded me of Dettori on a Monday afternoon

Edited by matthew tompsett