** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Thursday Aug 27th

One Trixie today at £1.50 = £6 v poss £107.17

12.20 Sed Sans Logique 15/8
3.30 Bev Keep Busy 10/3
4.05 Bev Hms President 2/1

Other Bets

1.30 Bev Santa Elena £1 ew at 10/1
3.00 Bev Van Gerwen £1 ew at 9/1

3.30 Bev Major Jumbo £1 ew at 5/1

All Kevin Stott rides

= £6 on Multiples

= £6 on Singles

Back later

==========================================================================================================

How wonderful that my short priced favourites got beat.  From tomorrow I will be posting up short priced "lay" bets alongside my Trixie win bets.  Let's hope that I don't get a series of counter results.

Anyway the the Trixie lost £6 so the balance C/Fwd is £722.56 (£800 Bank)

One of Kevin Stott's rides got beat by a neck so a return of £3.25 meant a loss of £3.75.  The balance C/Fwd is now £316.20 (£400 Bank)

Only three class 3 races tomorrow accross all 3 UK meetings.  Guess it will be another tough day ahead

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

1.30 Beverley - 1pt e/w Quiet Assassin @ 8/1 Bet365

Not sure the favourite should be odds on here and I'll try Quiet Assassin on debut for a yard who has had a juvenile winner this season with this one having a likeable pedigree and one that should suit soft ground. Both sire and dam won on debut, he's handily drawn in stall 5 and has been nibbled in the market already today which is no bad sign. 

1.50 Sedgefield - 1pt e/w Lovely Schtuff @ 12/1 Bet365

Bit of a fragile type who's very in and out but shaped well on his first run after wind surgery last time from the front when coming to grief and has shown signs off higher marks that he's capable under these conditions. I think the trip is ideal, as is the return to a left handed track and has come down the weights a lot to be able to go off a featherweight in a weak race today. If building on that first run back now his wind has been seen to, could outrun his odds.

2.20 Sedgefield - 1pt e/w Calvinist @ 12/1 Bet365

Seems a most curious price for a horse in good form but to be fair he was quite weak in the market both the last twice when going close. Put him up both of those days and shaped very much like he needed the step back up in trip that he gets today last time when getting outpaced in a sprint finish before closing in again at the line. Conditions suit so long as there's no deluge and is too big a price on form.

2.50 Sedgefield - 1pt e/w Alexander The Grey @ 9/1 Bet365

Theme of the day is horses I've backed recently and I have to go in with this one again with 8 runners - jumps boldly from the front and often has his rivals on the stretch before chucking in the towel but with three places on offer, at the price I think he's worth a dabble. This track can help - it can be a jumping test which helps him as he's usually good over his obstacles and he can roll down the hill turning in and hopefully put him into a winning position. The race is never won with him until he hits the line but should be there or thereabouts turning for home so is worth a go at the price.

3.00 Beverley - 1pt e/w Sheepscar Lad @ 8/1 Bet365

Was in good form until last time at Pontefract but had obvious excuses that day, held up from a very wide draw over 5f on quick ground and he just couldn't get involved from the back. His two starts prior were decent, he's coming down the weights and has ideal conditions here. Enjoys the mud, a stiff 5f is ideal, he's well handicapped and crucially well drawn on this occasion. Wide open race but ought to bounce back here.