** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing Chat - Thursday Aug 6th

One Trixie today for £1.50 = £6 poss return of £60.36

3.20 Rip Fishable 6/4
5.20 Str See The Sea 2/1
5.50 Str Demon D'Aunou 11/4 (Distance winner and hopefully gets a clear round today)

Other bets

1.15 Rip Bossipop 50p win at 9/1
1.15 Rip Wentworth Falls 50p win at 6/1
1.15 Rip Fairy Stories 50p ew at 25/1 (I'm a sucker for the big prices)

2.50 Rip Billy No Mates £1 win at 9/2
2.50 Rip Clearance £1 win at 6/1 (up 8lbs but the so called experts think it can overcome the hike!)

4.40 Bath Just The Man £1 win at 6/1 (Overwrite should win this)

5.20 Stra Operatic Expert £1 win at 6/1 (let's see if the doc can work his magic)

5.50 Stra Demon D'Aunou £1 win at 11/4
5.50 Stra Tel'art £1 win at 4/1

7.20 Stra Bbold £1 win at 7/2 (looks a good price)

Total £6 Multiples

Total £9 on singles

= £15 Total outlay

Back later with lay bets

I had a double in on the Trixie; kicking myself for not puting Monty's Reward in instead of Demon DAunou but that's life.  the double paid £11.44 (interesting how the figures are calculated using bet credits); less £6 outlay = a profit of £5.44.  The balance C/fwd is now £663.72 (£800 Bank)

I had two singles winners one at 13/2 and one at 4/1. £6.50 net and £5 on the 4/1 shot = £11.50 less £9 = £2.50 profit.  The balance C/Fwd is £302.72

Some class 3 and class 4 action tomorrow so there is some hope of horses runnig to market expectations

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

12.45 Ripon - 1pt e/w Hungry For Fashion @ 8/1 Bet365

The favourite is the one to beat under a penalty but Ripon is quite a different challenge to Kempton and will go for some each-way value instead. Karl Burke has two in the race but I quite like the bigger priced Hungry For Fashion who shaped okay over c&d on debut. Burke's horses typically improve for their first outing and there were some decent types in that field that day - was a bit green through the race and drifted out into the centre of the track but looked like getting involved at the 2f pole before backing out of it under a hands ride. Should know more now, has speed, should come on fitness wise too and has experienced the undulations of this track before so I can see a big step forward this afternoon.

1.15 Ripon - 2pts win Gunmetal @ 5/1 Bet365

Has been disappointing the last twice but has come down the weights quite a bit to leave him well handicapped and has run very well on two starts at Ripon (easy win off a higher mark and a good 2nd). This is an easier race than he's been competing in and although not getting involved at the business end, has curiously been ridden a lot more conservatively the last few runs. His best form has come from the front, or close to, and I'm hoping that he can be given a more positive ride this afternoon down in grade and make light work of his lowly handicap mark.

1.45 Ripon - 2pts win Henley @ 4/1 Bet365

Tracy Waggott's runner was racing in handicaps off marks in the 80s just last summer but suddenly finds himself off 60 in a selling handicap and I think he can take advantage today. Shaped okay the last twice at Thirsk (first run after a long break, faded late on) and Pontefract (keen hold, stiff track, faded up the straight) both over 6f. Neither of those races would suit him for the reasons given - he's been 1st or 2nd in 14 races in his career to date and every single one of those runs have come over the bare 5f. Dropped in class, the weights and trip today I think he'll take a lot of beating.

2.20 Ripon - 2pts win Innse Gall @ 3/1 Bet365

Sadly not the price I thought he might be but backed him last time when shaping really well under a fairly gentle ride over 7f behind a couple of nice types. Small field and that trip wouldn't play to his strengths as he's got plenty of stamina in the pedigree so the extra furlong today on handicap debut will really suit. Think he's been in a couple of useful races so far - the horse who beat him narrowly for 3rd on debut has gone on to be rated 87 so I think he's got every chance off 67 now getting better conditions.

3.10 Bath - 1pt e/w Waseem Faris @ 12/1 Bet365

Is an 11 year old now but that's reflected in his mark and this looks a realistic target for him. Shaped well two starts back here in a class 4 when not having a clear run but couldn't back that up last time when beaten 5 lengths. That said, it paid to be handy that day and he has plenty of form around here under similar conditions to this afternoon. Clearly not in awful heart and not only has he been dropped 4lbs in the handicap for that last effort, he now has George Rooke taking off a further 5lbs which should bolster his chances today. Think he rates a bigger threat than a 12/1 price so will chance him today.

3.40 Bath - 0.5pts e/w Bequest @ 20/1 PP

Probably going to need the run but at 20/1 is worth chancing on the off chance it's capable of putting up a good show when fresh. If so, wouldn't be as big a price as was largely consistent last year, running numerous good races under similar conditions and looks fairly handicapped on that. Clearly amiss when last seen (never travelled) and has changed yards but if returning to anything like the form of last season would go well here, so will chance given the odds.

Hello, I posted a new message saying hello in the Announcement section. 

First tip I'm trying today is a massive price of 33-1... in a selling handicap ?

Kibaar in the 1:45 at Ripon is a monkey in the stalls and tends to rear up when leaving. Not showed much for some time and might be out with the washing today again, BUT... definitely has ability on a going day, has a ridiculously low mark and wouldn't be surprised at all if he was to bounce back to life on the day the trainer's grandad has the usual memorial race, quite rightly named after him. 

Good luck whatever you do today. ? ? 

5 minutes ago, BoobyBets said:

First tip I'm trying today is a massive price of 33-1... in a selling handicap ?

Kibaar in the 1:45 at Ripon is a monkey in the stalls and tends to rear up when leaving. Not showed much for some time and might be out with the washing today again, BUT... definitely has ability on a going day, has a ridiculously low mark and wouldn't be surprised at all if he was to bounce back to life on the day the trainer's grandad has the usual memorial race, quite rightly named after him. 

Welcome to the Forum ...... ?

The 1.30 at Leopardstown looks a cracking race ....... group 3 for two year olds

It's always good to see the hyped up talking horses over in Ireland

Couple of them running in the race who have been really well touted by connections as being special

'Cadillac' won a CD maiden by 9 lengths on debut and the second has won since ......... but bummer he's just come up as a non runner

Oh well, as you were ........ 

'Masen' is the other potential star but the race has lost it's glitter now 

2 hours ago, BoobyBets said:

A very warm welcome to Punters Lounge, I hope that you will find us amenable and that you will be successful

One lay bet for the time being

4.50 Stra Court Jurado £2.11 @ 2.80 I/R UM 2.96 atm = Liab £3.80 v £2.00  Made mistakes at Southwell when looked like winning on Tuesday.  Won't get away with them on this sharp track

Well, my reason for the "lay" bet was a bit mis-placed, however another horse beat mine and therefore a profit of £2 was produced.

The C/Fwd balance on my "lay" bets is now + £8.96

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update