Punter's Lounge $1000 Freeroll - Sun September 4th 8.30pm!

Sir Puntalot

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Punter's Lounge $1000 Freeroll - Sun September 4th 8.30pm! Had a chat with the GP guy and am sorry to say that if anyone has a blue square account, they will not be eligible to enter the Golden Palace Freeroll. :(:( "Anyone from Blue Square will not be able to register at GoldenPalacePoker.com as they are part of the same network. Therefore, they are not unique and are not allowed to have multiple real money accounts in the network. Users from other sites that are in the same network as GoldenPalacepoker.com will not be able to participate." However, I am looking into a way around this, that will mean the deletion of the blue square cookie from your system after the uninstallation of the blue sq software. Bear with me. ;)

Re: Punter's Lounge $1000 Freeroll - Sun September 4th 8.30pm!

Had a chat with the GP guy and am sorry to say that if anyone has a blue square account, they will not be eligible to enter the Golden Palace Freeroll. :(:(
Fair enough paul..... just mention that it may cost them up to 50 new accounts wink2.gif Anyway with Plow, Rednutt and me all out now it looks as if we'll have to take our business elsewhere.... laugh4.giflaugh4.gif (back to Bluesq) Dont suppose they are interested in making money out of the WORLDS GRATEST PUNTING FORUM cry.gif

Anyway with Plow' date=' Rednutt and me all out [/quote'] The list will be far bigger than that Frisky (you can add me to the list for a start!! However, I haven't given up just yet - looks like Paul is doing all he can to get us in :ok One other thought - if you have access to another machine - Work/friends/an old machine - it might be worth trying to sign up on that - once you're signed up, I suspect it will work on any machine even with Blue Square installed .... nothing to lose by trying......

Re: Punter's Lounge $1000 Freeroll - Sun September 4th 8.30pm! i've only got about a fiver in my blue square account and hardly ever use it - its for the missis to play 25 cent stts when shes bored. i could quite easily close that down, however my ukpokerstars accouny is a bit more loaded, I had both of these working on my old machine by the way.

Re: Punter's Lounge $1000 Freeroll - Sun September 4th 8.30pm! Well, bad news for those with Blue Sq and pokerstars accounts, we've tried all sorts but it won't work, so there must be a hidden file. :( Legendkiller I imagine you had 2 hard drives or a wireless network, which would allow you both.

Re: Punter's Lounge $1000 Freeroll - Sun September 4th 8.30pm! Ok - I now have a real money account with Golden Palace. I went into Blue Square withdrew all my funds, spoke to a manager and asked that they completely close the account down (which they did easily enough - and didn't ask any questions, other than DOB to verify identity) I then went into GoldonPalace and still couldn't create an account, so spoke with a Manager again - it took them about 10 minutes, but then they came back to me and said it had been sorted and I could set up a real money account. Tried it and all seems ok :ok So I suspect that they are somehow blocking the account their end, but can unblock it if they see you haven't any other accounts. I'm guessing, and technically, it's a little over my head, but could they be using hardware serial (MAC?) numbers from your local machine and then linking this to your Tribeca account as soon as you log in on a certain machine? If a machines hardware has been linked to another account, then it won't let you set up a new real money account from that machine? It would explain why Paul was unable to find a workaround......

Re: Punter's Lounge $1000 Freeroll - Sun September 4th 8.30pm! Here is a full list of Brands from the tribeca network - if you have any of these, then I imagine you will have the same issue. http://www.tribecatables.com/current_brands.html Big ones there that there's a good chance people already here play are Victor Chandler and Paddy Power. Please remember, if you do sign up to Golden Palace, it helps us get more freerolls in the future if you follow the link from Punters Lounge, rather than elsewhere - so please try and support us and don't use the link from the above page :ok

Re: Punter's Lounge $1000 Freeroll - Sun September 4th 8.30pm! Well we have potentially 2 freerolls to come with Golden Palace, and Blue Square, I know for a fact won't give us one, so I would do what GAF did and close down Blue Square or any of the others and get yourself set up at Golden Palace. ;)

Re: Punter's Lounge $1000 Freeroll - Sun September 4th 8.30pm! Just one more thought - if you like your Blue Square tourneys and are worried about losing them - as it's on the same network, I imagine you can play in the same tourneys against the same people.......

so i cant keep my BS account and play freerolls on Golden Palnce :(
Sorry Mate.....not possible.......surely a freeroll like this is worth it, but it's a decision each of you have to make for yourselves...... Do you play Blue Square much? Do they have any exclusive tourneys? Or can you join all their tourneys at Golden Palace?

Re: Punter's Lounge $1000 Freeroll - Sun September 4th 8.30pm! GaF, do we get an invite for this freeroll? I've got a real money ac with GoldenPalace, although I've not deposited any with them yet. I got an e-mail from pl that contained a link to this thread. What else do I have to do? By all means tell me to be patient (or get lost).

Re: Punter's Lounge $1000 Freeroll - Sun September 4th 8.30pm! Hi Valiant - No invites, it's open to all, but you need to apply BEFORE 1st September. Sign up instructions are here............ http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?p=247635. You need to send an email to Paul. If you already have an account, then there are no problems with using that. I think that you just need a real money account - deposits aren't necessary. (though the September MTT monthly League is likely to be at Golden Palace - you would obviously need to deposit to play in that) No point in waiting - get your email off to Paul.

thought i'd give it a go - and to my surprise i am in and registered' date=' i had uninstalled my blue square software, but not my ukpokerstars one which doesnt seems to have affected it.[/quote'] Nice one. Just to verify - it's a 2 step process - step 1 installs the software and sets up a play money account. Step 2 (by selecting Cashier) is where you set up the real money account (although it's in Cashier, at this stage, it's not necessary to set up payment details). Step 1 always works - step 2 is where you hit the problem. Did you successfully complete step 2 (easy to find out - in the cashier can you see a balance? even a balance of zero)

Do you need to have cash in your Golden Palace account to take part in the freeroll? :cheers
I don't believe so. However if you are interested in playing in the September MTT Tournament, you will need some cash in there for that.

Re: Punter's Lounge $1000 Freeroll - Sun September 4th 8.30pm! im in :clap and didnt have much trouble with opening real account as i have bluesq account also...asked bluesq to close my account and they said i didnt have to just to say to golden palace i had uninstalled bluesq poker...so i did that and he set it up no problem.:)

Re: Punter's Lounge $1000 Freeroll - Sun September 4th 8.30pm! Can you just check for me Paul that I've registered for the freeroll? I think I sent an email but can't remember. Definetly set up Golden Palace account through the link provided though. Cheers

Re: Punter's Lounge $1000 Freeroll - Sun September 4th 8.30pm! Its a shame to leave bluesquare, as i like their exclusive added value tournaments :( but i suppose i had better get round to sorting it out before the deadline of the 1st............ I've got around 13,000 action points to use before i uninstall the software though :eek ................looks like i'll be playing a fair bit of poker over the weekend ........... just for a change :lol