Liga Primera de Nicaragua Predictions 2019/20

niacaragua.jpg

Well, this is something I never thought I'd say. Here is our weekly coverage of the Liga Primera de Nicaragua which has entered its Clausura part of the season. Not many of us, if any, will have much experience of this league but it's football and we all bloody love football, right? I'll look to study the statistics of this league and get a preview up this weekend that does its best to figure out where the value is. This is going to be quite the experience. Who fancies helping me trying to turn a profit from this one? :lol

Real Madriz vs Deportivo Ocotal

OK, here we go. Our first foray into the Liga Primera de Nicaragua. The first preview we are covering is the 2am GMT kick-off on Sunday morning (a change to the above scheduled 10pm Saturday night kick-off) between Real Madriz and Deportivo Ocotal at the Estadio Solidaridad "Augusto Cesar Mendoza" in Somoto. This game has a rich history due to the bitter rivalry between the two neighbours and with the sides both vying to qualify for the play-offs.

Real Madriz might be one letter off sharing a name with one of the greatest clubs in world football but the reality for this side in Nicaragua is that the best they can hope for is to qualify for the play-off quarter-finals. Manager Juan Ramirez has led his team to 8th in the table and just 3 points off the play-off pace. Just 2 wins from their last 8 league games isn't great reading but the 1-0 victory at home to ART Municipal Jalapa in the last round gives their fans cause for optimism heading into this game.

Deportivo Ocotal know that the pressure is on them coming into this game. Manager Reynaldo Clavasquin will be keen to avoid his side falling further off the play-off pace. The club is currently in 9th place and 4 points behind the play-off berths. It's now only 2 wins from their last 8 league games and with back-to-back defeats to Diriangen and Real Esteli has put the onus on them to start picking up points before it's too late.

The bookies are torn on this one with Real Madriz being offered slightly over Evens with a lot of companies. I'm really not sure Deportivo Ocotal are in a position to give me enough confidence that they can draw this one. The home side will be bouncing after their win last week and even though the away side lost against highly-placed sides in their last two games it's a worry that the losing mentality could set in again. I have back a home win at the value being offered.

Real Madriz to Win @ 2.05 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.85 with Bet365

On 3/27/2020 at 4:07 PM, StevieDay1983 said:

Well, this is something I never thought I'd say. Here is our weekly coverage of the Liga Primera de Nicaragua which has entered its Clausura part of the season. Not many of us, if any, will have much experience of this league but it's football and we all bloody love football, right? I'll look to study the statistics of this league and get a preview up this weekend that does its best to figure out where the value is. This is going to be quite the experience. Who fancies helping me trying to turn a profit from this one? :lol

I would not say weekly, until at least two weeks have gone by... :rollin because looking how things are, I would not be surprise if this competition got suspended also.

nicaragua.jpg

The next matches scheduled to take place are coming up tonight with Jalapa vs Juventus Managua at 11pm BST (yes, daylight saving has kicked in!) and CD Walker Ferretti vs Chinandega FC at midnight. A 1-0 win for Real Madriz last night delivered us a 100% record to start our coverage of this league. Let's hope it continues tonight. I'll look to get a preview up of one of these games later on. Give us any bets you're leaning towards! @Xcout, fancy getting on board and helping me out? :lol

I've placed my bet for tonight in Nicaragua and it is as follows: Jalapa - Juventus Managua draw at 3.15 with Unibet

The Managua team played excellent earlier this week when they showed their strenght at home winning by 4-1. Jalapa is the the rightful favourite here but I think it feels like there's a draw coming up in some match in Nicaragua soon and therefore I think this match looks like the most likely to end in a draw. But no bigger stake because it's just where I think of probability to be a draw. There has been away wins and home wins mostly this week but Diriangen edged out a draw away this tuesday. I don't think we will see just one draw and this one looks like a probable draw so I'm just gonna go for draw and see where it takes me.

3 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

I've placed my bet for tonight in Nicaragua and it is as follows: Jalapa - Juventus Managua draw at 3.15 with Unibet

The Managua team played excellent earlier this week when they showed their strenght at home winning by 4-1. Jalapa is the the rightful favourite here but I think it feels like there's a draw coming up in some match in Nicaragua soon and therefore I think this match looks like the most likely to end in a draw. But no bigger stake because it's just where I think of probability to be a draw. There has been away wins and home wins mostly this week but Diriangen edged out a draw away this tuesday. I don't think we will see just one draw and this one looks like a probable draw so I'm just gonna go for draw and see where it takes me.

Cheers for posting that! Best of luck with your bet and it seems like a fair shout. Interested to see how it comes out.

5 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

nicaragua.jpg

The next matches scheduled to take place are coming up tonight with Jalapa vs Juventus Managua at 11pm BST (yes, daylight saving has kicked in!) and CD Walker Ferretti vs Chinandega FC at midnight. A 1-0 win for Real Madriz last night delivered us a 100% record to start our coverage of this league. Let's hope it continues tonight. I'll look to get a preview up of one of these games later on. Give us any bets you're leaning towards! @Xcout, fancy getting on board and helping me out? :lol

Fake news alert! Real Madriz won 2-0 :lol

CD Walter Ferretti vs Chinandega FC

The second preview in this section takes in the mid-table clash between CD Walter Ferretti and Chinandega FC in a midnight BST kick-off on Monday morning at the Estadio Olimpico del IND Managua in Managua. Only 3 points separate these two sides but the bookies are heavily backing a home win. Are they right to favour the one side or is there a sting in the away side's tail?

CD Walter Ferretti might sound like a 5 a side team down your local 3G centre created by some egotistical teenager but they one of the teams that could potentially be considered as dark horses for the title this season. Manager Henry Urbina has led his team to 4th in the table. OK, so they may be 13 points behind league leaders Managua but right now they're heading for the play-offs and if you reach that phase of the season then you're in with a shout. Three league defeats on the bounce is a concern but two of those matches were away from home.

Chinandega FC come into this game fighting against the odds. Reyna Espinoza's side are in 8th place and just 1 point outside the play-off positions. There is very little separating these two sides in the league and they are also without a win in their last three league games. The club is without a win on the round in the Clausura part of their season and scoring goals on their travels is a particular concern.

I have to go with the bookies on this one and back the home side. They might not be in the best form but this is a Chinandega FC side that really can't buy a win on the road at the moment. CD Walter Ferretti will certainly see this as an opportunity to end their winless run and start to rebuild some momentum to give them a bit of hope heading into the play-offs.

CD Walter Ferretti HT/FT @ 2.25 with Bet365

Correct Score: CD Walter Ferretti to Win 1-0 @ 7.00 with Bet365

18 hours ago, four-leaf said:

BTTS+Deportivo Ocotal to beat ART Municipal Jalapa at 5.50 with Betfair

Stats say that Ocotal beats Jalapa most of the time at home and also that Jalapa scores at least one goal. Frequent result is 2-1 Ocotal. I think it might be wise to think about the stats sometimes and this could be one of those times.

:lol After that message I sent you about the frequency of clean sheets occurring in this league I think this is a big bet but I do see your logic behind it. I'm going to try and cover a few previews for these games and see how we do. Should we be concerned that we're getting this into Nicaraguan domestic football?! :loon

6 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

:lol After that message I sent you about the frequency of clean sheets occurring in this league I think this is a big bet but I do see your logic behind it. I'm going to try and cover a few previews for these games and see how we do. Should we be concerned that we're getting this into Nicaraguan domestic football?! :loon

Well it's a competitive league so that's where the challenge lays and it has already brought us a few good winning bets..

Chinandega FC vs Juventus Managua

The fun and frolics in Nicaragua continue tonight with a round of midweek games. Our first preview focuses on the 10pm BST kick-off between Chinandega FC and Juventus Managua at the Estadio Efrain Tijerino Mazariego in Chinandega. Only 1 point separates these two sides so a win for either of them would give a huge boost to their hopes of reaching the play-offs.

Chinandega FC come into this game off the back of a horrendous 7-0 hammering at the hands of CD Walter Ferretti on the weekend. It was a result we saw coming but it wasn't necessarily a score we saw coming. The sending off of Cristhian Medardo Izaguirre Lopez at the end of the first half at 2-0 down was a killing blow. How does Reyna Espinoza pick his side up after such a poor result? It's now 4 league games without a win and 3 of those has resulted in Chinandega FC failing to score. Yes, defence was a problem last game but the attack needs to start accepting responsibility too.

Juventus Managua sit in 6th place and are just inside the play-off places on goal difference. Hector Medina's men are only 1 point ahead of their opponents heading into this match so the landscape could look a lot different if they suffer defeat. However, in Chinandega, they'll see a side that are vulnerable and will be keen to inflict a hammer blow early on. It's now 5 away league games in a row without a victory and that includes no goals scored in 4 of those matches.

If ever there was a game being contested between two sides that will be lacking in self belief heading into a game then this will be it. Given the shambolic scoring statistics held by these two sides over recent weeks I'm not entirely convinced we'll see a lot of goal mouth action. I can see a turgid affair where one team sneaks a win if either has the courage to take the initiative. If I was ever going to back a 0-0 it would be this game but something tells me Chinandega's problems run deeper than Managua's!

Juventus Managua to Win @ 1.65 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.00 with Bet365

Diriangen vs CD Walter Ferretti

The second preview for these midweek games covers the top end of the table clash between Diriangen and CD Walter Ferretti in a 1am BST kick-off on Thursday morning at the Estadio Cacique Diriangen Diriamba. The outcome of this game could set the pathway for how well these two teams position themselves for a crack at the top two and a guaranteed place in the play-off semi-finals.

Diriangen find themselves in 3rd place and just 2 points off the pace of the top two. Brazilian manager Flavio da Silva will feel his team have a great opportunity here to put the pressure on Managua and Real Esteli above them. However, a loss could potentially see them fall away. The club are unbeaten in their last 5 home league games and haven't conceded a single goal during that run.

CD Walter Ferretti delivered the goods for us on the weekend with that excessive 7-0 win. Henry Urbina has guided his side to 4th in the table but there's still lots of hard work left to do if they're to reach the play-offs. The club is only 5 points inside the play-off positions and 8 points off the top two. Victory here could ease their worry of looking over their shoulder but with back-to-back defeats on the road it begs the question if their away day strife could derail their efforts?

It's always hard when a team wins by so many goals in their previous game. You wonder what the impact on their psychology would be heading into their next game. Will they become complacent? Or will it give them a confidence boost they need? Diriangen are a formidable team at home right now so I do think they're sound value for the win but if CD Walter Ferretti turn out with the attitude they had last weekend then this could be a humdinger.

Diriangen to Win to Nil @ 2.10 with Bet365

Diriangen HT/FT @ 2.30 with Bet365

nicaragua.jpg

Here are the fixtures for this weekend's matches in the Liga Primera de Nicaragua. Let's hear what thoughts you guys have got for these latest games scheduled. Managua, Real Esteli, and Diriangen have now sealed their places in the play-off quarter-finals at least. It's also confirmed that both Deportivo Las Sabanas and Deportivo Ocotal are now unable to qualify for the play-off semi-finals. Something to consider when taking into account the mentality of the teams heading into these games.

CD Ocotal vs Deportivo Las Sabanas

The weekend action in Nicaragua kicks off this evening at 11pm BST when CD Ocotal face Deportivo Las Sabanas at the Estadio Roy Fernando Bermudez. This is a dog fight between the two bottom placed sides in the Liga Primera de Nicaragua. Both teams will be looking to win to keep their fading play-off hopes alive. Defeat here could potentially be terminal for their season.

CD Octotal failed to reach the play-offs in the Apertura stage of the season and it's now looking like their aspirations to reach the Clausura play-offs are also doubtful. Manager Reynaldo Clavasquin has seen his side toil as they languish in 9th place with just 9 points from their 13 league games in this phase of the season so far. Only a superior goal difference compared to their opponents in tonight's game saves them from being rock bottom. Four league defeats in a row means that player morale is hanging by a thread.

Deportivo Las Sabanas are not in any better shape. The Apertura play-off adventure will feel like a lifetime ago with the club sitting bottom of the table with 9 points on their tally. Manager Luis Vega will be desperately disappointed with the fact his side have failed to match the progress of earlier in the season but will also be aware that a win here could breath new life into their campaign. The 2-1 win at home to Real Madriz could be the boost to morale that the squad craved.

In the last 12 league matches played in this competition, only 1 away side has managed to win. CD Ocotal come into this match in a terrible state both with their home and away form. Deportivo Las Sabanas might be a position in the league table lower but I feel they showed enough in their last match to make them worth backing to get a draw. I'm not sure what is going on with CD Ocotal right now but I wouldn't feel comfortable backing them to beat a drum at the moment. The bookies are backing the home win and I understand why given how key playing at home appears to be but there's something not quite right with CD Ocotal so I can't bring myself to back them to win at such low odds.

Draw @ 3.30 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.67 with Betfred

Real Madriz vs Managua

Ah, it's our good old friends Real Madriz taking on Clausura league leaders Managua in the second 11pm BST kick-off in the Liga Primera de Nicaragua this evening with the game set to take place at the Estadio Solidaridad. These two sides are fighting their battles at opposing ends of the table but a win will be key if they're to maintain hopes of succeeding in their respective play-off hunts.

Real Madriz sit in 8th place on 13 points but remain just 2 points outside the play-off spots. Manager Juan Ramirez will feel his team have got enough to win this game and move into the play-off places but it'll be a tough challenge. The club has won their last two home league games keeping a clean sheet in both of those matches. A similar imperious defensive display will be needed if they're to take all 3 points from this match-up.

Managua lead the way in the Clausura league table right now with Emilio Aburto's men top of the table with 29 points. The team will be fully aware that both Real Esteli and Diriangen are lurking right behind them on 27 points so the semi-final play-off spot remains in jeopardy for the time being. Victory here would ensure the top position is held for another week as the league takes a step closer to the play-offs. It'll be interesting to see how Managua react after missing the opportunity to pull away from Real Esteli in the 1-1 draw last round with their opponents going down to 10 men. Managua are unbeaten in their last three league games including winning their last two away games by a 1-0 score-line.

We can all see which way this game is going. Both of these teams have built their recent performances on the foundation of a solid defence. It'll take a moment of genius to break the deadlock and I can see why the away side are the firm favourites. It's always hard to back the away side in this league but Managua look in good nick. The Apertura play-off final defeat certainly appears to have left its mark and there's a steely determination within the side to right a wrong. I think they'll get the narrow win here.

Managua to Win to Nil @ 2.60 with Boylesports

Managua HT/FT @ 2.40 with Paddy Power

Juventus Managua vs Diriangen

The final game this evening in the Liga Primera de Nicaragua is an intriguing clash between Juventus Managua and Diriangen in a 1am BST kick-off on Sunday morning at the Estadio Olimpico del IND Managua. The home side will be looking to move into the play-off positions against an away side that is aiming to keep the pressure on the teams at the top end of the table.

Juventus Managua are positioned in 7th place and only 2 points outside the play-offs. Back-to-back defeats in the league having failed to score in both of those matches has rocked their rhythm a little bit but Hector Medina will want to return to winning ways with this home game. His team have won 5-0 and 4-1 on their last two times played on home turf and are now undefeated in their last 5 home league matches.

Diriangen are firmly locked in a race to seal one of the top two positions in the Clausura league table. Flavio da Silva's men are currently in 3rd place and just 2 points off the pace of league leaders Managua. Only a handful of games remain before the play-offs so this game is a huge test for this team to keep up with the front two. No win in their last two away league games has left several questions being posed at this squad but can they get back to winning ways in this game?

As impressive as Diriangen have been this season, I just think Juventus Managua are on a great run of form at home. Diriangen have shown the ability to take wins on the road but they've rarely faced a side that have relished playing on home soil as much as Juventus Managua. I think at best the away side can grind out a draw and that's the outcome I'm going to back.

Draw @ 3.40 with Betfred

BTTS @ 1.73 with GentingBet

The match between Jalapa and Chinandega was very strange. In the absence of any other football to watch I tuned in during the second half, at which time Jalapa were a goal down having started as strong favourites to win. Apart from the state of the pitch and the standard of football everything seemed pretty normal, with Jalapa's price continuing to drift as an equalising goal failed to materialise. Then Jalapa's price suddenly collapsed from more than 2 to 1 to below even money, which would normally only happen if an equaliser had gone in or maybe if Chinandega had a player sent off - but neither of those things had happened. For some reason the market seemed to think Jalapa were not only going to equalise but also go on to win, but in the end the early goal from Chinandega won the match.

13 hours ago, Torque said:

The match between Jalapa and Chinandega was very strange. In the absence of any other football to watch I tuned in during the second half, at which time Jalapa were a goal down having started as strong favourites to win. Apart from the state of the pitch and the standard of football everything seemed pretty normal, with Jalapa's price continuing to drift as an equalising goal failed to materialise. Then Jalapa's price suddenly collapsed from more than 2 to 1 to below even money, which would normally only happen if an equaliser had gone in or maybe if Chinandega had a player sent off - but neither of those things had happened. For some reason the market seemed to think Jalapa were not only going to equalise but also go on to win, but in the end the early goal from Chinandega won the match.

disclaimer: I am just guessing here.

The lack of football in the world has brought attention to somewhat overlook leagues. Therefore it might not come as a suprise that the betting houses offer live betting on markets they do not usually do. Which is not news to anyone here.

To where I wanna get is that, with computers making the heavy lifting and the pursuit of the betting houses to have the edge, I imagine, there is not a lot of live betting historical data from Liga Primera Nicaragua to feed to the software, therefore they might relay on other markets live betting historical data, mainly european leagues, in which they might have the best winning margin. Which might explain the changes you saw on the odds.

Or maybe they are only using Liga Primera Nicaragua live betting historical data which might no be much and might explain that sudden move.