** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Liga Primera de Nicaragua Predictions 2019/20

ART Municipal Jalapa vs Real Esteli

It's finally come down to the last game of the regular season of the Clausura phase in the Liga Primera de Nicaragua and we have so much left to decide. The first game I'm previewing is ART Municipal Jalapa versus Real Esteli in a 10pm BST kick-off at the Estadio Roy Fernando Bermudez. The home side are confirmed for the play-off quarter-finals but can they end on a high against a visiting team still fighting to finish in the top two?

ART Municipal Jalapa have sort of stumbled over the finishing line this time around. Angel Orellana's team were flying high at the start of the month with faint hopes of gate crashing the top two. Unfortunately, a dire run of 4 league games without a win and with only one goal scored during that time has restricted them to a quarter-final play-off berth. The 6-1 battering they took at the hands of league leaders Managua in midweek will have only added to their low morale.

Real Esteli might have the Apentura title under wraps but they've still got a lot of work to do in order to seal the Clausura title too. Holver Flores knows a win will realistically seal his team's place in 2nd place and give them a direct route to the play-off semi-finals. The team is level on points with 3rd placed Diriangen but ahead on goal difference with an 8 goal advantage. However, just 1 win from their last 5 league games has stunted their progress too. On the flip side, it has also only been 1 loss during that 5 game period so it depends how you want to spin the stats.

I simply have to back an away win here. ART Municipal Jalapa have gone right off the rails and now they have nothing to play for until the play-offs begin it feels like this game is there for Real Esteli to tear apart. Midweek was a glimpse of what can be done to this Jalapa side if a team comes at them. I think Real Esteli will have taken note of that Managua performance and will have learned a few things.

Real Esteli -1 @ 2.80 with Betfair

Real Esteli HT/FT @ 2.50 with Paddy Power

Chinandega FC vs CD Ocotal

The second preview for the 10pm BST kick-offs that all teams in this league are participating in is between play-off chasing Chinandega FC and second from bottom CD Ocotal at the Estadio La Veranera. As the home side look to seal a victory to give themselves a fighting chance of reaching the play-offs they face a travelling side that will be looking to build on their shock midweek win that lifted them off the bottom of the table.

Chinandega FC are in 7th place and just 2 points off the play-off pace. A poor run of three straight defeats in the league has really hit their play-off charge. Reyna Espinoza knows his team need to win and hope that 6th placed Juventus Managua lose away to bottom placed Deportivo Las Sabanas. It's an unlikely scenario but so long as they have a chance they have to keep fighting. The home side simply need to put an end to this rot of form.

CD Ocotal fans will feel this could be the start of a new beginning. The midweek 1-0 win away to Juventus Managua moved them above Deportivo Las Sabanas and was a first league win in 7 attempts. A second consecutive away game against another side that is in a play-off hunt gives the opportunity to add to that victory and ensure Reynaldo Clavasquin's side avoid finishing bottom.

This game sees all the pressure heaped on Chinandega FC. They are the team that needs to win. Even that might not be enough and that's an additional mental battle. How can you motivate yourself to win when you know it's unlikely to be enough? CD Ocotal will also feel a weight off their shoulders winning in midweek. Will they be liberated? It's going to be a close game but I think the home side should get a result. I don't think it'll be enough to give them a play-off spot though.

Chinandega FC Double Chance @ 1.91 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.64 with SMarkets

Deportivo Las Sabanas vs Juventus Managua

The next game on our preview list is the other game that affects the play-off battle going on for that last quarter-final berth. Bottom placed club Deportivo Las Sabanas take on 6th placed Juventus Managua in a 10pm BST kick-off at the Estadio Municipal de Las Sabanas. The situation is simple. If the home team win, they stand a chance of avoiding finishing bottom of the table. If the away side draw or win then they qualify for the play-offs.

Deportivo Las Sabanas will be desperately disappointed to be propping up the table as they head into this last round of fixtures. Luis Vega's men haven't won in 4 league games and haven't even scored a goal in their last 3 league matches. The team must now pick themselves up and try to win this game in order to give themselves hope of leap-frogging CD Ocotal above them.

Juventus Managua stand on the brink of the play-offs. The fate of Hector Medina's side is in their own hands. A draw or win will seal their spot in the play-off quarter-finals. A win against then bottom club CD Ocotal in midweek would have done the job but a shock 1-0 loss has left the scenario open for Chinandega FC to sneak in. That midweek defeat ended a three game unbeaten run. Has it taken the wind out of their sails at the worst time possible? They haven't won in their last 8 away matches and haven't even scored in 6 of their last 7 away games.

The statistics don't exactly bode well for either side heading into this one. It's a huge call but I actually think the away side are dangerous to back. Even though Deportivo Las Sabanas are in free fall I just have no faith in Juventus Managua performing on the road. The question is do we back the home win or draw? I think I'll back the draw here simply because it would be enough for the away side and I don't know if the home side believe they can win this game.

Draw @ 3.40 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.95 with Boylesports

Diriangen vs Real Madriz

The review marathon for this final round of games in Nicaragua's top flight continues here with the 10pm BST kick-off of Diriangen versus Real Madriz at the Estadio Cacique Diriangen. A top two finish and a place in the play-off semi-finals is still very much up for grabs for the home side against an away team that, quite frankly, need a miracle to reach the play-offs.

Diriangen sit in 3rd place and behind 2nd placed Real Esteli only on goal difference. Unfortunately, it's an 8-goal gap so making that up in one game is nigh on impossible so it is most likely that they'll need to win this game and hope that Real Esteli drop points in their match away to ART Municipal Jalapa. An unbeaten run of 3 league games with clean sheets kept in each of those matches is a solid base to go off. The only problem is that both of their last two league games have ended in 0-0 bore draws as Flavio da Silva has drawn criticism for being too cautious in his approach.

Real Madriz need a miracle to reach the play-offs but it's still mathematically possible. Juan Ramirez knows his team must win this game to stand any chance but they also need CD Ocotal to avoid defeat against Chinandega FC and Deportivo Las Sabanas to beat Juventus Managua with a 12-goal turn around in the goal difference. To put it bluntly, it ain't happening! This team did beat Chinandega FC midweek but that was a first win in 4 matches.

This game is going to be a solid home win by my reckoning. Diriangen will be up for this knowing that if they can get a goal before Real Esteli then it will heap the pressure on their rivals for that semi-final play-off spot. Real Madriz will be boosted by that victory in their last game but it was against a very poor Chinandega FC. I'm not reading too much into that win.

Diriangen to Win to Nil @ 2.50 with Boylesports

Diriangen HT/FT @ 2.20 with Paddy Power

Managua FC vs CD Walter Ferretti

The previews for the final round of matches in the Clausura phase of the Liga Primera de Nicaragua is another game that matters. League leaders Managua FC take on CD Walter Ferretti in a 10pm BST kick-off at the Estadio Nacional de Futbol. The home side might have wrapped up the top spot but the away team have somehow given themselves an outside chance of stealing the second play-off semi-final spot ahead of both Real Esteli and Diriangen.

Managua FC will feel their job is done and they can look forward to the play-off semi-finals. Will Emilio Aburto wish to rest players ahead of that or will he want to keep momentum by fielding his strongest side? It's now 12 games unbeaten in all competitions so it seems hard to imagine he'll want to risk breaking that run. The 6-1 win over ART Municipal Jalapa in midweek showed how dangerous this side is and they don't appear to be slowing down or running out of ideas yet.

CD Walter Ferretti have sealed their place in the play-off quarter-finals but Henry Urbina's side will almost certainly feel they can gatecrash the semi-final berths. The team is currently 2 points behind 2nd placed Real Esteli and 3rd placed Diriangen. In order to leapfrog both of these sides they'd need them both to lose or draw their respective games with a possible slight swing in goal difference potentially required. It's a big ask and highly unlikely but it's still very much on for this squad. Considering they've now won 4 league games on the bounce, they'll have every belief they can win this game and do their bit.

What a game this is to end on. Arguably, the two in-form sides in the Nicaraguan top flight going toe-to-toe with so much still at stake. I can't call it. I think Managua FC just about have the edge but that's due to home advantage. CD Walter Ferretti are proving to be the league's entertainers right now and I can see both goals and drama coming here. I'll back the home win with both teams to score but this could go any way.

Managua FC to Win @ 1.73 with Betfred

BTTS @ 1.62 with Betfred

7 hours ago, Xcout said:

@StevieDay1983 good hit rate in the last round. I follow you on the draw, and it came through. I can report several bookies did not have some matches in offer.

I'm not surprised. Some of the price movements before the games started were very interesting. Chinandega steamed all the way to odds-on but still lost, and in-play Diriangen were 5 to 1 on when 1-0 down and came back to win.

19 hours ago, Torque said:

I'm not surprised. Some of the price movements before the games started were very interesting. Chinandega steamed all the way to odds-on but still lost, and in-play Diriangen were 5 to 1 on when 1-0 down and came back to win.

Real Esteli one hour before the match against Jalapa they went from 1.55 to 2.05 and still won 1-2.

nicaragua.jpg

The play-off quarter-finals in the Liga Primera de Nicaragua for the Clausura phase are coming up this Thursday morning. Diriangen take on Juventus Managua and CD Walter Ferretti play ART Municipal Jalapa. Spots in the semi-finals are up for grabs. Who are you backing to win these two games?

Diriangen vs Juventus Managua

OK, strap yourselves in. It's Clausura play-off quarter-final time! The first game up tonight is the clash between Diriangen and Juventus Managua in a midnight BST kick-off on Thursday morning at the Estadio Cacique Diriangen. It's 3rd versus 6th in the league but final league standings count for nothing when it comes to the intensity of the play-off process.

Diriangen will need to pick themselves up after narrowly missing out on an automatic play-off semi-final spot. Flavio da Silva's side finished just behind 2nd placed Real Esteli on goal difference. It was a gut-wrenching missed opportunity with the team having only lost 1 of their last 6 league matches including being unbeaten in their last 4 matches and conceding just 1 goal. This group of players will have bad memories of playing Juventus Managua only a few weeks back when the opposition strolled to a 3-0 win. However, the last time these two sides met with Diriangen at home it saw a 1-0 win for the hosts.

Juventus Managua did enough to seal their place in the play-offs finishing 3 points inside the top six. It is a second bite of the cherry for this squad that were knocked out at this stage in the Apertura phase. Just 1 win from their last 4 league games meant things got a little more twitchy than they perhaps should have been for Hector Medina's men but the 1-1 draw away to Deportivo Las Sabanas in their last game proved enough with rivals Chinandega FC slipping up at home to second from bottom CD Ocotal.

I know that Juventus Managua stormed to victory when these sides last met but that was at their place. This game at the home of Diriangen is a completely different proposition. I think Diriangen are coming into this game off the back of some solid form. Yes, missing out on 2nd was a disappointment but they were in an uphill battle and it was never really expected. I can see them sealing the win here and progressing nonetheless.

Diriangen to Win to Nil @ 2.20 with GentingBet

Diriangen HT/FT @ 2.25 with Paddy Power

CD Walter Ferretti vs ART Municipal Jalapa

The second game in the Clausura play-off quarter-finals tonight is the 2am BST kick-off on Thursday morning when CD Walter Ferretti play ART Municipal Jalapa at the Estadio Nacional de Futbol. Just one place separated these two sides at the end of the regular season table but it was a clear 7 points between these two teams suggesting they might not be as closely matched as the table depicts.

CD Walter Ferretti have been one of the great entertainers in the Liga Primera de Nicaragua this phase. Henry Urbina has seen his team score an impressive 31 goals in 18 games with only league leaders Managua FC hitting the net on more occasions. A record of 4 wins from their last 5 league matches has seen them fly into the play-offs with a 7-0 win over Chinandega FC and 4-0 victory against Real Madriz being the highlights. The fact the team also boasts the top scorer in the Clausura phase in Fernando Villapando shows the attacking wealth at their disposal.

ART Municipal Jalapa come into this game as heavy underdogs. Angel Orellana's men have really struggled to find any half-decent form in recent weeks. It was 5 league matches without a win to end their regular season campaign in the Clausura phase including the demoralising 6-1 loss away to league leaders Managua FC. Can the team fix the scoring issue having only bagged 2 goals in those disastrous final 5 games?

For me, this game is only going one way. It's going to be a home victory and if CD Walter Ferretti score early or get their eye in then it could be a massacre. I'm willing to back the home side to put ART Municipal Jalapa to the sword by 2-3 goals here. I'll probably keep it reasonable with a -1 handicap in favour of the home side but I'd be shocked if the away side even came close to a victory in this one.

CD Walter Ferretti HT/FT @ 2.20 with Betfair

CD Walter Ferretti -1 @ 2.30 with Betfred

CD Walter Ferretti to beat (halftime/fulltime) ART Municipal Jalapa at 2.15 with Betfair

I think there will be two slaughters of the away teams this playoff. Ferretti haven't beaten Jalapa in last three meetings so they really got something to prove now. Jalapa have drawn their last two away at Estadio Nacional de Futbol but I highly doubt it will happen this game but that is what we will be seeing from Jalapa, they will go for the draw. How long will Jalapa be able to keep Ferretti at bay is the question. I think high enough about Ferretti to belive they can get one goal in at least in first half.

nicaragua.jpg

No time to bloody breathe in this league! The play-off semi-finals of the Clausura phase are coming up this weekend. Diriangen versus Real Esteli is first up with CD Walter Ferretti taking on Managua FC in the second match. Check out the odds and give us your predictions below! :ok

Diriangen vs Real Esteli

The Liga Primera de Nicaragua Clausura play-off semi-finals begin tonight at 2am BST when Diriangen take on Real Esteli in the first leg of their tie. These two sides ended this phase of the competition level on points and despite Real Esteli snatching the 2nd place spot, Diriangen navigated their way past their quarter-final game to reach this stage of the competition despite finishing 3rd anyway.

Diriangen managed to earn a narrow 1-0 win over Juventus Managua in their quarter-final match. A solitary goal from Bernardo Laureiro just past the hour mark was enough to do the business. It now pits Flavio da Silva's men against the side that knocked them out of this stage of the Apertura phase of the league. The team is now unbeaten in 5 matches and will feel confident they can get revenge on their opponents.

Real Esteli head into this game in a fresher state of mind than their opponents having earned the right to reach this phase automatically. Holver Flores only has one thing on his mind and that's winning the Clausura phase after successfully taking the crown from the Apertura phase. His team beat Diriangen on away goals when they met in the semi-finals of that phase so they'll feel they can repeat the feat starting with this first leg.

Both of the two legs from their semi-final meeting in the Apertura play-offs ended in draws and they finished on the same number of points in the Clausura league table. One of their league meetings ended in a draw but it was Diriangen who prevailed as 2-0 winners at home. I am torn between backing a home win and a draw. I feel the extra rest time could give Real Esteli the edge but home advantage for Diriangen will see the teams nullify each other.

Draw @ 3.00 with Boylesports

BTTS No @ 1.73 with Paddy Power

CD Walter Ferretti vs Managua FC

The second of the two Clausura phase play-off semi-final first leg matches to be played is coming up tonight at 2am BST on Monday morning when CD Walter Ferretti host Managua FC at the Estadio Olimpico del IND Managua. Can the side that dominated the regular season of this phase of the Liga Primera de Nicaragua gain an advantage heading into their home leg?

CD Walter Ferretti were one of the great entertainers of the Clausura phase having finished 4th in the table but still scoring 31 goals in their 18 league games. Only their opponents in this match scored more and they were runaway leaders. Henry Urbina's side continued that prolific scoring streak in the quarter-finals by obliterating Municipal Jalapa by a 5-1 score-line. Dshon Forbes bagging himself a hat-trick during the game to help seal the win. They come into this game on the back of 5 straight wins at home.

Managua FC ended up winning the Clausura regular season at a canter as they finished 7 points clear of 2nd placed Real Esteli. Emilio Aburto's men have had a beneficial break and come into this game fresh. That'll come in handy against a side that have been superb at home. This team remain unbeaten in their last 5 league matches away from home. This includes a 1-0 win away to CD Walter Ferretti which was the last game Urbina's side lost at home.

This Managua FC team are not to be taken lightly. They stormed to the top spot in the regular season and have shown the quality needed to be considered favourites to win the play-offs. These two sides met at this stage of the Apertura play-offs and after two 2-2 draws in each leg, it was penalties that decided the winner with Managua FC coming out on top 5-3. Not a lot will separate these two teams here and I wouldn't be surprised if we see another score draw.

Draw @ 3.10 with Betfred

BTTS @ 2.20 with Gentingbet

nicaragua.jpg

The second legs of the Liga Primera de Nicaragua play-off semi-finals are coming up on Thursday morning. That's morning as in just after midnight. So set your alarm, flip on the Bet365 live streaming or whatever you use to watch the games, and settle down to see who reaches the final! Let's hear your predictions! :ok

Real Esteli vs Diriangen

The first match up tonight is the 2am BST tie between Real Esteli and Diriangen at Estadio Independencia. The hosts hold a 1-0 advantage from the first leg but can the visiting side turn this tie around after a disappointing first leg? Or will the home team go one step closer to making it a double of winning both the Apertura play-offs and the Clausura play-offs?

Real Esteli will be delighted to come into this game in the position they boast. Holver Flores saw him team take the narrow victory in the first leg away from home. It was Oscar Acevedo's solitary goal on 74 minutes that proved the decisive goal. It's now 9 matches unbeaten at home for this side. That includes keeping the last 6 home games ending in a clean sheet. However, their last two matches at home have ended in a 0-0 draw so the win is far from guaranteed.

Diriangen have it all to do in this second leg. The first leg loss was a huge opportunity missed. Flavio da Silva knows his team need to score to stand any chance of progressing in this tie so I fully expect them to come out of the blocks firing on all cylinders. The big problem is that this side hasn't won any of their last 5 matches on the road and that includes having failed to score in their last 3 away league games. It's hardly the sort of statistical information that gets the heart racing for an away win.

Is this tie already over? You'd be forgiven for feeling it was. Real Esteli surely knew that if they grabbed the away win in the first leg then they had one foot in the final. Diriangen have a lot to do. Not only do they have to score but as they pile forward in search of that goal they also need to ensure the home side don't catch them out on the counter because anything but a clean sheet for the away side will surely eradicate any small hope that remains of winning this tie. I can see a win for the home side.

Real Esteli to Win 1.61 with VBet

Draw HT/ Real Esteli FT @ 4.00 with Betway

Managua FC vs CD Walter Ferretti

The second semi-final second leg play-off game taking place tonight comes from the Estadio Olimpico Del IND Managua at 3am BST on Thursday morning when Clausura league winners Managua FC will look to break the deadlock in their tie at home against CD Walter Ferretti. The first leg produced a nervous 0-0 draw and with the game finely balanced it's all to play for here.

Managua FC ran away with the Clausura league title but that's all in the past now. The team fell short in the Apertura play-offs so will be determined to go one step further in the Clausura phase. Emilio Aburto will be delighted that his team managed to keep the attacking treasures of their opponents at bay for the full 90 minutes. If his defence can produce a repeat of that display here then it will surely go a long way to helping them reach the play-off final. It's now 18 matches unbeaten at home for this side with the last home defeat coming way back on 30th September, 2019.

CD Walter Ferretti will be gutted that they couldn't snatch a victory in their first leg on home turf. It now leaves them with the massive challenge of grabbing a win here. Yes, they face a Managua FC side that have developed a winning habit at home but who were the opposition when that team last suffered a loss at home? That's right, CD Walter Ferretti! Henry Urbina will be splashing that result all over the changing room and going back over the footage of that performance to try and recapture that winning spirit here. The one issue could be that it was only back on 18th April, 2020 that CD Walter Ferretti tasted defeat away to Managua FC when they last met in the league with the home side prevailing as 1-0 winners.

I'm not actually convinced we'll see a winner after 90 minutes. These two teams are very hard to separate right now as the first leg showed. Managua FC have all the pressure on them being at home, in front of their own fans, having walked away with the Clausura league, and wanting to rectify the missed play-off win in the Apertura. CD Walter Ferretti are all set to be the big party poopers and I can see them doing it on penalties.

Draw @ 3.75 with Bet365

Anytime Scorer: Fernando Villalpando @ 5.00 with Paddy Power

Deportivo Masaya vs ART Municipal Jalapa

OK, so this should be an interesting match to preview. It's the Liga Primera de Nicaragua relegation play-off between Segunda Division side Deportivo Masaya and the visiting top flight team ART Municipal Jalapa in a 10pm BST kick-off tonight. Details are scarce and I'm not even sure where this game is being played if I'm honest with you. The bookies don't seem much more clued up either!

Deportivo Masaya come into this game as the second tier side looking to earn promotion to the top division of Nicaraguan domestic football. Details about this team are hard to find. I think if you look long enough you'll probably work out the team I am involved with in the amateur Welsh football league has more of an online presence than this Masaya squad! That is leaving us slightly handicapped coming into this game. All fun and games in Nicaragua though!

ART Municipal Jalapa are experiencing a shock to the system right now. It was only last week they were still in the hunt for the Clausura play-off title. Unfortunately, their terrible Apertura form has cost them and they finished second from bottom in the aggregate table. It could have been even worse. They only finished above Deportivo Las Sabanas on goal difference! 6 league games without a win including 3 defeats in a row to finish their campaign consisting of 13 goals conceded as well is a big worry.

Is it wrong to feel the urge to back a side you know nothing about and have seen nothing of simply because the team they are playing are so bad? That's my stance right now for this game. The bookies are staying on the fence and I'm tempted to back a home win but I'll probably have to bottle job it and also go down the middle. A low-scoring draw with the top flight team potentially winning the second leg.

Draw @ 3.61 with VBet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.68 with SportNation

Real Esteli vs Managua FC

The final days of the Liga Primera de Nicaragua are finally here with the Clausura play-off final first leg between Real Esteli and Managua FC. Kick-off is at 2am BST on Sunday morning and it's coming live from the Estadio Independencia. You can watch the game live through the streaming app at Bet365. It's certainly set to be an enthralling encounter at the very least.

Real Esteli have the chance to take a crucial advantage into the second leg. Holver Flores will be looking to add the Clausura title to the Apertura win. The Apertura final between these two teams required extra time in the second leg to separate them. A 2-0 loss and 1-1 draw with Managua FC during the Clausura phase gives their opponents a psychological edge heading into this game. However, Real Esteli are undefeated in 6 matches now so have found form at the right time. It is a run that includes avoiding defeat in 10 home matches.

Managua FC are out for revenge after their Apertura final loss to Real Esteli. Emilio Aburto led his team to the regular season top spot. His side are now just 180 minutes away from taking the Clausura play-off title. Both of these teams have already sealed their place in the CONCACAF League but what phase they enter the competition remains undecided. This Managua FC side haven't lost in 15 matches so they're flying. They also haven't conceded a goal in their last 5 away games.

Well, this is a little finely poised isn't it! Real Esteli are the favourites but the odds aren't fantastic. I'm thinking that it'll be hard to separate these two teams and I wouldn't be surprised to see them draw both of these games with either away goals or extra-time or penalties being needed. I think Managua FC have the ability to shut this game down so a 0-0 or 1-1 isn't far off what I think we could see. It'll be like a game of chess and one for the purists. I'm backing a total goals scored under 1.5 as a back up bet in case either side wins 1-0!

Draw @ 3.10 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 2.40 with Paddy Power

ART Municipal Jalapa vs Deportivo Masaya

OK, so the first leg of this relegation play-off in the Liga Primera de Nicaragua hurt a little bit. An 89th minute goal stopped our draw call from coming in. This second leg will hopefully be a little kinder. Kick-off is 12am BST on Monday morning with ART Municipal Jalapa hosting Deportivo Masaya at the Estadio Alejandro Ramos Turcio with all the hard work left to do.

ART Municipal Jalapa saw a first half lead extinguished in the first leg. Gabriel Augusto Coelho scored after just 7 minutes and it had appeared the top flight side were going to hang on to pull off a crucial first leg away win. However, their opponents had a different plan altogether and two goals in the final 18 minutes turned the tie on its head. It's now 7 competitive matches without a win including 4 straight defeats. The big worry is the goals being leaked by the defence. 15 goals conceded in 4 matches is awful form and needs addressing.

Deportivo Masaya snatched victory from the jaws of defeat in their first leg. Second half goals from Ronald Rocha and Jonathan Gutierrez gave this team a 2-1 win at home. They'll be disappointed they conceded the away goal but the win was the important thing. The mission now is to simply avoid a loss in this second leg and they'll be playing in the Nicaragua top division next season.

I think it'll obviously be a huge disappointment for ART Municipal Jalapa that they didn't seal the victory in the first leg or even come away with a draw. Deportivo Masaya will feel they stand a great chance of winning this tie. The defensive issues of the home side means you have to think they'll struggle to keep a clean sheet. That means they really need to score at least twice. I think they'll win on the night but will they win the tie? That's more open to opinion. This could be an intense night of football.

ART Municipal Jalapa HT/FT @ 2.25 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.95 with Bet365

On 5/3/2020 at 9:08 PM, StevieDay1983 said:

ART Municipal Jalapa vs Deportivo Masaya

OK, so the first leg of this relegation play-off in the Liga Primera de Nicaragua hurt a little bit. An 89th minute goal stopped our draw call from coming in. This second leg will hopefully be a little kinder. Kick-off is 12am BST on Monday morning with ART Municipal Jalapa hosting Deportivo Masaya at the Estadio Alejandro Ramos Turcio with all the hard work left to do.

ART Municipal Jalapa saw a first half lead extinguished in the first leg. Gabriel Augusto Coelho scored after just 7 minutes and it had appeared the top flight side were going to hang on to pull off a crucial first leg away win. However, their opponents had a different plan altogether and two goals in the final 18 minutes turned the tie on its head. It's now 7 competitive matches without a win including 4 straight defeats. The big worry is the goals being leaked by the defence. 15 goals conceded in 4 matches is awful form and needs addressing.

Deportivo Masaya snatched victory from the jaws of defeat in their first leg. Second half goals from Ronald Rocha and Jonathan Gutierrez gave this team a 2-1 win at home. They'll be disappointed they conceded the away goal but the win was the important thing. The mission now is to simply avoid a loss in this second leg and they'll be playing in the Nicaragua top division next season.

I think it'll obviously be a huge disappointment for ART Municipal Jalapa that they didn't seal the victory in the first leg or even come away with a draw. Deportivo Masaya will feel they stand a great chance of winning this tie. The defensive issues of the home side means you have to think they'll struggle to keep a clean sheet. That means they really need to score at least twice. I think they'll win on the night but will they win the tie? That's more open to opinion. This could be an intense night of football.

ART Municipal Jalapa HT/FT @ 2.25 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.95 with Bet365

Great stuff Stevie!

On 5/2/2020 at 10:47 PM, StevieDay1983 said:

Real Esteli vs Managua FC

The final days of the Liga Primera de Nicaragua are finally here with the Clausura play-off final first leg between Real Esteli and Managua FC. Kick-off is at 2am BST on Sunday morning and it's coming live from the Estadio Independencia. You can watch the game live through the streaming app at Bet365. It's certainly set to be an enthralling encounter at the very least.

Real Esteli have the chance to take a crucial advantage into the second leg. Holver Flores will be looking to add the Clausura title to the Apertura win. The Apertura final between these two teams required extra time in the second leg to separate them. A 2-0 loss and 1-1 draw with Managua FC during the Clausura phase gives their opponents a psychological edge heading into this game. However, Real Esteli are undefeated in 6 matches now so have found form at the right time. It is a run that includes avoiding defeat in 10 home matches.

Managua FC are out for revenge after their Apertura final loss to Real Esteli. Emilio Aburto led his team to the regular season top spot. His side are now just 180 minutes away from taking the Clausura play-off title. Both of these teams have already sealed their place in the CONCACAF League but what phase they enter the competition remains undecided. This Managua FC side haven't lost in 15 matches so they're flying. They also haven't conceded a goal in their last 5 away games.

Well, this is a little finely poised isn't it! Real Esteli are the favourites but the odds aren't fantastic. I'm thinking that it'll be hard to separate these two teams and I wouldn't be surprised to see them draw both of these games with either away goals or extra-time or penalties being needed. I think Managua FC have the ability to shut this game down so a 0-0 or 1-1 isn't far off what I think we could see. It'll be like a game of chess and one for the purists. I'm backing a total goals scored under 1.5 as a back up bet in case either side wins 1-0!

Draw @ 3.10 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 2.40 with Paddy Power

I think we probably will see a draw the coming weekend again. Just doesn't seem to be anything separating Managua and Estelí.