Jump to content
Announcements
** October Poker League Result : 1st avongirl, 2nd McG, 3rd Rhino_Power **
** October Naps Competition Result: 1st internetmails, 2nd Donnyflyer, 3rd vangovin, 4th Peter York. KO Cup Winner mickyftm32. Most Winners waggy: **

Liga Primera de Nicaragua Predictions 2019/20


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Xcout said:

disclaimer: I am just guessing here.

The lack of football in the world has brought attention to somewhat overlook leagues. Therefore it might not come as a suprise that the betting houses offer live betting on markets they do not usually do. Which is not news to anyone here.

To where I wanna get is that, with computers making the heavy lifting and the pursuit of the betting houses to have the edge, I imagine, there is not a lot of live betting historical data from Liga Primera Nicaragua to feed to the software, therefore they might relay on other markets live betting historical data, mainly european leagues, in which they might have the best winning margin. Which might explain the changes you saw on the odds.

Or maybe they are only using Liga Primera Nicaragua live betting historical data which might no be much and might explain that sudden move.

I'm not sure what the explanation was, but having watched the game I can only imagine anyone betting on Jalapa to win wasn't watching it. They had no chances to score that I saw and so an equaliser was unlikely, much less a winner. For some reason though, all the money was coming in for them. It was like a run on a bank but instead of people rushing to withdraw money people or bots were rushing to back the home side. It's not as though lack of liquidity would explain such a change in price - with no other football going on there was hundreds of thousands in the market which should have protected against manipulation. I've seen extreme price moves before an event starts, but I've never seen anything like that during a match especially as there was no reason to back them to win - they were behind, they weren't playing well and the opposition hadn't been reduced in numbers.

Edited by Torque
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Deportivo Las Sabanas vs ART Municipal Jalapa

The midweek action in the Liga Primera Nicaragua kicks off at 11pm BST tonight when Deportivo Las Sabanas play ART Municipal Jalapa at the Municipal de Las Sabanas. The home side sit bottom of the table and can only hope to give themselves a fighting chance of a play-off position here against an away side that are looking a solid bet to finish inside the top 6 in this Clausura phase of the season.

Deportivo Las Sabanas might be bottom of the table but with just 4 games to go until this regular phase of the season comes to a close time is running out and wins are needed immediately to keep their play-off hopes alive. The club is 8 points off the play-off spots and it seems a big ask for Luis Vega's men to make up the ground. However, if it's still possible then they'll keep fighting. Unfortunately, it's just 1 win from their last 14 league games.

ART Municipal Jalapa come into this game knowing they simply need to keep their points per game average going. Manager Angel Orellana has led his team to 4th place and 5 points inside the play-offs. Their fans will even be forgiven for thinking they could catch the top two who are now just 6 points ahead of them. Realistically, this club is heading for the play-off quarter-finals. Consistency is their main enemy right now with 3 wins, 2 draws, and 4 losses from their last 9 league games.

The bookies have got this one down as evenly split but I think it's worth backing the away side to win this one. Deportivo Las Sabanas are in a woeful run of form so I'm willing to look past the general favour towards the home side in this league. At the value being offered, I think ART Municipal Jalapa's 2-1 win over Deportivo Ocotal showed they can grind out the results on the road against the lower-placed teams. I'm taking a punt and backing them to do the same here.

ART Municipal Jalapa to Win @ 2.70 with Betfred

BTTS @ 1.83 with SportNation

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Managua vs CD Ocotal

The second preview for these midweek matches in Liga Primera de Nicaragua is between league leaders Managua and second from bottom CD Ocotal in an 11:30pm BST kick-off that comes live from the Estadio Olimpico del IND Managua. These two sides have experienced contrasting fortunes in this Clausura phase of the season but will this result follow the form book?

Managua are revelling being top of the pile at this stage of the season. Manager Emilio Aburto will be determined to see his side go one step better than in the Apertura phase where they lost to Real Esteli 2-1 on aggregate after extra-time. 9 matches without defeat in all competitions is a run that has been slowed down after back-to-back draws in the league. The club is now just 3 points clear at the top and a play-off semi-final berth is far from guaranteed but victory here would go a long way to realising that dream.

CD Ocotal are in a fight for their lives here. Reynaldo Cavasquin's men are in 9th place and 8 points off the play-off places. Only goal difference keeps them off the foot of the table having suffered just 1 draw and 4 losses from their last 5 league games. It's a dreadful run of form that has all but ended their hopes of reaching the play-offs. Losing their last 4 away matches has contributed to this awful run.

The odds aren't too bad on backing the home win. Managua are by far the better side this season and CD Ocotal are so low on self-belief that I'd back most teams to beat them let alone the league leaders at home. CD Ocotal know time is running out for them to stay in play-off contention and I just don't see them having enough to get anything in this game against a Managua side that have a fantastic opportunity to take a big step towards the play-off semi-finals. I'm going to keep my bet conservative purely because I think nerves will play a part for the home team.

Managua to Win @ 1.62 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.70 with Boylesports

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Diriangen vs Chinandega FC

The third preview for this round of games in the Liga Primera de Nicaragua is technically being played tomorrow with kick-off scheduled for 1am BST on Thursday morning. It's a clash between Diriangen and Chinandega FC that will be played at the Estadio Cacique Diriangen Diriamba. Both sides are right in the mix for a play-off quarter-final spot so every point is valuable.

Diriangen are placed in 3rd and only outside the top two on goal difference. Flavio da Silva will feel his team can still push the two sides above them all the way to the final game in an attempt to reach the play-off semi-finals. The team will need to improve their form that has taken a bit of a hit lately. The 3-0 loss away to Juventus Managua last weekend made it just 1 win from their last 4 league matches. A group of players that had looked certain to be involved in a battle for the top spot is now simply looking to stay in touch with the top two.

Chinandega FC come into this game in 6th place and just 2 points above the side behind them. Their play-off spot belongs to them for the time being. Reyna Espinoza will feel his side can catch a faltering Diriangen on the hop. Back-to-back wins in the league against Juventus Managua and ART Municipal Jalapa has given the squad a new lease of life so this will be far from an easy ride for the home side.

Diriangen are a bit shaky at the moment so it's a bit risky to take the odds that the bookies are offering on an outright home win. Chinandega FC might be further down the table but they're picking up a bit of momentum and that can be lethal at this stage of the season. A win here would put them 6 points behind their opponents with 3 league games left so they've got the motivation. I think if Diriangen are going to win this it'll only be by a single goal but I wouldn't be against backing a draw here. This being said, I think the long odds on the outcomes I've chosen are blinding my judgement slightly.

Draw @ 5.00 with Betfred

BTTS @ 2.00 with Betfred

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CD Walter Ferretti vs Real Madriz

The first preview of the 2am BST kick-offs on Thursday morning comes when CD Walter Ferretti play Real Madriz at the Estadio Olimpico del IND Managua. This is a huge clash for both of these teams as the battle to make the play-offs intensifies. The home side know a win will potentially put them on the brink of reaching the play-offs but the away team are aware that defeat could be terminal for their play-off aspirations.

CD Walter Ferretti are situated in 5th and 5 points inside the play-offs. Manager Henry Urbina will probably still have one eye on gatecrashing the top two spots to qualify for the play-off semi-finals. A lack of consistency in their recent form could be what stops them from taking that next step but right now they're decent value to reach the play-offs. Just 2 wins from their last 6 league games is a concern but they have won their last two home league matches including the outrageous 7-0 win against Chinandega FC.

Real Madriz will want to improve on their 8th placed position in the league table with the club 4 points off the play-off places. The clock is ticking to make up the ground and if results go against Juan Ramirez and his men this round then they could be 7 points off the play-offs with just 3 league games remaining. So needless to say the pressure is on. Only 2 wins in their last 9 matches doesn't make great reading but the green shoots of hope come in the form of three clean sheets from their last four league games.

I'm expecting Real Madriz to struggle here. I appreciate their defence has tightened recently but all three clean sheets came at home. In terms of their away form, it's been atrocious. It's 6 defeats in a row on the road in all competitions and CD Walter Ferretti will really feel this is a game that is theirs for the taking. I expect a solid home win with a few goals being scored.

CD Walter Ferretti HT/FT @ 2.62 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.67 with Betfred

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Real Esteli vs Juventus Managua

Our final preview for this midweek round of matches in the Liga Primera de Nicaragua is the 2am BST kick-off on Thursday morning when second placed Real Esteli and Apertura 2019 champions Real Esteli host play-off chasing Juventus Managua at the Estadio Independencia. There is so much up for grabs for both sides that victory or defeat could make or break their hopes in this Clausura phase.

Real Esteli might still be revelling in the Apertura 2019 win over Managua earlier in the season but there's still a lot of work to do if they're to seal the Clausura 2020 title. Manager Holver Flores has guided his team to 2nd in the table and just 3 points behind the league leaders. However, he will be aware that his team are only inside the top two on goal difference so a win here is vital if they're to ensure they keep the pressure on top spot and keep 3rd placed Diriangen at bay. It is now two league games without a win which is a cause for concern but it is no loss at home in their last 7 matches across all competitions including four consecutive clean sheets at home.

Juventus Managua are positioned just outside the play-off places in 7th and just 2 points behind 6th placed Chinandega FC. Hector Medina and his players know a loss could jeopardise their play-off chances but every win boosts their hopes. This is one of their toughest matches this season so a win might seem unlikely but Real Esteli's dip in form will breed belief. OK, so Real Esteli have still been prolific at home but Juventus Managua will be spurred on by their 3-0 win at home against Diriangen last weekend.

I have to say that my betting for this game will be purely based on the home form of Real Esteli. The home side have been superb on their own turf and even though Juventus Managua sent a huge message last weekend they still haven't won in 7 away matches and that includes losing their last 3 away games by 2 goals. I'm backing that trend to continue here.

Real Esteli to Win to Nil @ 2.30 with Boylesports

Real Esteli -1 @ 2.25 with Betfred

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Deportivo Las Sabanas vs ART Municipal Jalapa

The midweek action in the Liga Primera Nicaragua kicks off at 11pm BST tonight when Deportivo Las Sabanas play ART Municipal Jalapa at the Municipal de Las Sabanas. The home side sit bottom of the table and can only hope to give themselves a fighting chance of a play-off position here against an away side that are looking a solid bet to finish inside the top 6 in this Clausura phase of the season.

Deportivo Las Sabanas might be bottom of the table but with just 4 games to go until this regular phase of the season comes to a close time is running out and wins are needed immediately to keep their play-off hopes alive. The club is 8 points off the play-off spots and it seems a big ask for Luis Vega's men to make up the ground. However, if it's still possible then they'll keep fighting. Unfortunately, it's just 1 win from their last 14 league games.

ART Municipal Jalapa come into this game knowing they simply need to keep their points per game average going. Manager Angel Orellana has led his team to 4th place and 5 points inside the play-offs. Their fans will even be forgiven for thinking they could catch the top two who are now just 6 points ahead of them. Realistically, this club is heading for the play-off quarter-finals. Consistency is their main enemy right now with 3 wins, 2 draws, and 4 losses from their last 9 league games.

The bookies have got this one down as evenly split but I think it's worth backing the away side to win this one. Deportivo Las Sabanas are in a woeful run of form so I'm willing to look past the general favour towards the home side in this league. At the value being offered, I think ART Municipal Jalapa's 2-1 win over Deportivo Ocotal showed they can grind out the results on the road against the lower-placed teams. I'm taking a punt and backing them to do the same here.

ART Municipal Jalapa to Win @ 2.70 with Betfred

BTTS @ 1.83 with SportNation

On the back of what I watched the other night I couldn't be backing Jalapa to beat anyone. They created nothing worth talking about against Chinandega. I'd much prefer to back the draw in this one plus a 0-0 correct score punt. Maybe BTTS No as well. BOL though :ok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Torque said:

On the back of what I watched the other night I couldn't be backing Jalapa to beat anyone. They created nothing worth talking about against Chinandega. I'd much prefer to back the draw in this one plus a 0-0 correct score punt. Maybe BTTS No as well. BOL though :ok

This is why we need your valuable contribution. I've not been able to watch all games so I have to rely on the statistics for some games. If you're able to give us a more visual judgement then that always helps. Keep it coming, Torque!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

This is why we need your valuable contribution. I've not been able to watch all games so I have to rely on the statistics for some games. If you're able to give us a more visual judgement then that always helps. Keep it coming, Torque!

TBF that's the only game I've watched. Long-term stats are a better guide of what might happen in any match, but as I said Jalapa were so poor. It's not as though they were up against an Esteli for example either - Chinandega aren't a good side. Plus they were at home as well, so as bad as the pitch was they should have been able to put up a better performance than they did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ART Municipal Jalapa vs Diriangen

The Liga Primera de Nicaragua season is progressing at a rate of knots. It's a league that is almost as intense as the Championship in England! The first game up from the weekend clashes kicks off at 11pm BST tonight when ART Municipal Jalapa host Diriangen at the Estadio Alejandro Ramos. Both of these teams are well-placed to succeed in their respective goals of making the play-offs but will either of them suffer any late problems?

ART Municipal Jalapa stand on the cusp of reaching the Clausura play-off quarter-finals. Angel Orellana's men are in 5th place and 5 points inside the play-offs with 3 league games remaining. A loss here could make it a bit squeaky bum time heading into the final two league games if results go against them so they'll be keen to get something from this match. Two consecutive league games without a victory and failing to score is worrying so the pressure is on the players to deliver here.

Diriangen are in 2nd place and well set to reach the play-off semi-finals. However, Real Esteli are only 2 points behind so could overtake Flavio da Silva's side if they lose or draw here due to Real Esteli's superior goal difference. A victory would really put them on the brink of sealing a top two spot though. Consistency has been an issue we've picked up on with Diriangen and the 3-0 win at home to Chinandega FC in midweek was proof of how well they can perform. It's just a shame that was only their 2nd win in 5 league matches.

In midweek, Diriangen let us down by returning to form in stunning fashion. Have they put that dodgy run of results behind them? They face an ART Municipal Jalapa side that are themselves not in great nick and still have a bit of pressure on them to get a result. I was let down by the draw call in midweek but it feels like the best option here. I don't think either side would see a point as a poor result.

Draw @ 3.20 with Bet365

BTTS @ 2.25 with Bet365

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Deportivo Las Sabanas vs Managua

The second preview for this weekend's games is another 11pm BST kick-off tonight. This time it's lowly placed Deportivo Las Sabanas versus league leaders Managua at the Municipal de Las Sabanas. Pressure is on the home side to get a win to keep their faint play-off hopes alive but they must do it against a team that is flying at the top of the table.

Deportivo Las Sabanas are running out of time. It's now just 1 win in their last 15 matches across all competitions. Luis Vega has seen his team drop to 9th in the table and 7 points off the play-off places. Only 3 league matches remain including this one. Failure to win would end their hopes of reaching those play-offs and even a victory wouldn't be enough if results go against them.

Managua have been the team to beat for a while now. We've said a number of times how Emilio Aburto's side have a steely determination after their Apertura play-off final heartache. It's now 10 matches undefeated including 7 wins. The club is top of the tree and 3 points ahead of 2nd placed Diriangen. Victory here would all but seal their place in the play-off semi-finals for the Clausura. The wins haven't come easy but they've got into the habit of grinding out results and that winning mentality is hard to stop.

We put our money behind Managua in midweek and they duly delivered on both accounts. I have to say that Deportivo Las Sabanas look nothing short of a pile of stinking poop right now. @Torque mentioned about Jalapa looking like a team that were short on ability. Deportivo Las Sabanas look like a team bereft of not just ability but confidence and self-belief. I can see a vintage hard-fought away win here for the league leaders.

Managua to Win @ 1.91 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.85 with Bet365

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Juventus Managua vs Real Madriz

In our final preview ahead of tonight's matches we take a look at Juventus Managua versus Real Madriz that is scheduled to kick-off at 1am BST on Sunday morning at the Estadio Olimpico IND Managua. These two clubs are locked in a dogged battle to try and gatecrash the play-offs. Whoever prevails victorious here will have boosted their chances of qualifying and all but ended the hopes of their opponent.

Juventus Managua are in 7th place and just 1 point outside the play-offs. Hector Medina's men have a real opportunity to move into the play-offs here if they get a win. Just 1 win from their last 4 league games might not sound very positive but it's now 4 points gained from their last 2 league matches with two clean sheets. Is there a late push in the offing? Back-to-back home matches starting tonight needs to bring two wins otherwise it could be game over.

Real Madriz know anything other than a win will leave their play-off hopes hanging by a thread. The 4-0 loss away to CD Walter Ferretti in midweek was an outcome we correctly saw coming. Juan Ramirez will have a job on his hands to pick his team up after that heavy defeat. It's also now no win in their last 3 league games including no goal scored on their last two outings. The club is in 8th place and 4 points off the play-offs. It's now or never.

Unfortunately, I can't see Real Madriz making the play-offs now and I think their players know it. They look shot of the energy and self-belief needed to make such a push. Juventus Managua are a different matter. They are starting to believe they can reach the play-offs and I think they'll get the win needed here to give themselves a genuine chance to reach that stage of the Clausura phase.

Juventus Managua -1 @ 2.38 with Paddy Power

Juventus Managua HT/FT @ 2.30 with Bet365

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

ART Municipal Jalapa vs Diriangen

The Liga Primera de Nicaragua season is progressing at a rate of knots. It's a league that is almost as intense as the Championship in England! The first game up from the weekend clashes kicks off at 11pm BST tonight when ART Municipal Jalapa host Diriangen at the Estadio Alejandro Ramos. Both of these teams are well-placed to succeed in their respective goals of making the play-offs but will either of them suffer any late problems?

ART Municipal Jalapa stand on the cusp of reaching the Clausura play-off quarter-finals. Angel Orellana's men are in 5th place and 5 points inside the play-offs with 3 league games remaining. A loss here could make it a bit squeaky bum time heading into the final two league games if results go against them so they'll be keen to get something from this match. Two consecutive league games without a victory and failing to score is worrying so the pressure is on the players to deliver here.

Diriangen are in 2nd place and well set to reach the play-off semi-finals. However, Real Esteli are only 2 points behind so could overtake Flavio da Silva's side if they lose or draw here due to Real Esteli's superior goal difference. A victory would really put them on the brink of sealing a top two spot though. Consistency has been an issue we've picked up on with Diriangen and the 3-0 win at home to Chinandega FC in midweek was proof of how well they can perform. It's just a shame that was only their 2nd win in 5 league matches.

In midweek, Diriangen let us down by returning to form in stunning fashion. Have they put that dodgy run of results behind them? They face an ART Municipal Jalapa side that are themselves not in great nick and still have a bit of pressure on them to get a result. I was let down by the draw call in midweek but it feels like the best option here. I don't think either side would see a point as a poor result.

Draw @ 3.20 with Bet365

BTTS @ 2.25 with Bet365

Can definitely see a draw here. 2 out of the last 5 corresponding fixtures between these two has ended 0-0 and another 0-0 wouldn't be a surprise. I can't overstate just how bad Jalapa's pitch is - I've seen sunday league pitches that are better and I think that's the reason they haven't had a single home match go over 3.5 goals in 16 matches. Of those 16 matches only 3 cleared the 2.5 line so this looks very much like a game to take the unders in. I don't fancy BTTS at all. BTTS No would be my choice.

Edited by Torque
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Deportivo Las Sabanas vs Managua

The second preview for this weekend's games is another 11pm BST kick-off tonight. This time it's lowly placed Deportivo Las Sabanas versus league leaders Managua at the Municipal de Las Sabanas. Pressure is on the home side to get a win to keep their faint play-off hopes alive but they must do it against a team that is flying at the top of the table.

Deportivo Las Sabanas are running out of time. It's now just 1 win in their last 15 matches across all competitions. Luis Vega has seen his team drop to 9th in the table and 7 points off the play-off places. Only 3 league matches remain including this one. Failure to win would end their hopes of reaching those play-offs and even a victory wouldn't be enough if results go against them.

Managua have been the team to beat for a while now. We've said a number of times how Emilio Aburto's side have a steely determination after their Apertura play-off final heartache. It's now 10 matches undefeated including 7 wins. The club is top of the tree and 3 points ahead of 2nd placed Diriangen. Victory here would all but seal their place in the play-off semi-finals for the Clausura. The wins haven't come easy but they've got into the habit of grinding out results and that winning mentality is hard to stop.

We put our money behind Managua in midweek and they duly delivered on both accounts. I have to say that Deportivo Las Sabanas look nothing short of a pile of stinking poop right now. @Torque mentioned about Jalapa looking like a team that were short on ability. Deportivo Las Sabanas look like a team bereft of not just ability but confidence and self-belief. I can see a vintage hard-fought away win here for the league leaders.

Managua to Win @ 1.91 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.85 with Bet365

Agree about U2.5. If Managua couldn't score against Real (who have a similar profile to Las Sabanas) in their last away fixture then a repeat here must be a possibility. Again 0-0 looks tempting. I might try a 0-0 double.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chinandega FC vs Real Esteli

OK, didn't think I'd have time to fit in a preview for these evening matches but I've managed to get the kids off to bed early after a hectic Easter Sunday so I'll put something up last minute. First up, it's the 10pm BST kick-off between Chinandega FC and Real Esteli at the Estadio Efrain Tijerino. Can the Apertura champions keep the pressure up on the top two?

Chinandega FC head into this game in 7th place and 2 points behind the play-off pace. Reyna Espinoza knows a win will move his side into the top six but a draw or defeat could seriously harm their hopes of making the play-off quarter-finals with only a couple of league games remaining after today. A 3-0 loss to Diriangen in midweek ended a run of two victories in a row and put a halt on the club's play-off charge. Has that defeat knocked the wind out of the team's sails?

Real Esteli are still right in the mix to finish in the top two and qualify for the play-off semi-finals. The success of the Apertura phase counts for nothing. A win is needed to stay in touch with 2nd placed Diriangen but anything less and Holver Flores could be looking at leading his players into the play-offs at the quarter-final phase. It's now three league matches without a win and only 1 goal scored in those games. Something isn't right with the team and they need to correct it quickly.

To put it bluntly, this game is huge for both sides. Chinandega FC's play-off hopes could well be decided by what happens in this game. Win and their fate is in their own hands. Draw or lose and they need to rely on other results. Real Esteli simply need to win to keep up with the top two otherwise they're on the brink of missing out. Pressure is everywhere and I think the quality of Real Esteli might just see them through. I am far from confident though and knowing my luck a bore draw due to nerves and caution will be the end result. @allyhibs, what's your cat saying? :lol

Real Esteli to Win to Nil @ 2.35 with Coral

Real Esteli HT/FT @ 2.10 with Bet365

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Chinandega FC vs Real Esteli

OK, didn't think I'd have time to fit in a preview for these evening matches but I've managed to get the kids off to bed early after a hectic Easter Sunday so I'll put something up last minute. First up, it's the 10pm BST kick-off between Chinandega FC and Real Esteli at the Estadio Efrain Tijerino. Can the Apertura champions keep the pressure up on the top two?

Chinandega FC head into this game in 7th place and 2 points behind the play-off pace. Reyna Espinoza knows a win will move his side into the top six but a draw or defeat could seriously harm their hopes of making the play-off quarter-finals with only a couple of league games remaining after today. A 3-0 loss to Diriangen in midweek ended a run of two victories in a row and put a halt on the club's play-off charge. Has that defeat knocked the wind out of the team's sails?

Real Esteli are still right in the mix to finish in the top two and qualify for the play-off semi-finals. The success of the Apertura phase counts for nothing. A win is needed to stay in touch with 2nd placed Diriangen but anything less and Holver Flores could be looking at leading his players into the play-offs at the quarter-final phase. It's now three league matches without a win and only 1 goal scored in those games. Something isn't right with the team and they need to correct it quickly.

To put it bluntly, this game is huge for both sides. Chinandega FC's play-off hopes could well be decided by what happens in this game. Win and their fate is in their own hands. Draw or lose and they need to rely on other results. Real Esteli simply need to win to keep up with the top two otherwise they're on the brink of missing out. Pressure is everywhere and I think the quality of Real Esteli might just see them through. I am far from confident though and knowing my luck a bore draw due to nerves and caution will be the end result. @allyhibs, what's your cat saying? :lol

Real Esteli to Win to Nil @ 2.35 with Coral

Real Esteli HT/FT @ 2.10 with Bet365

 

My cat just keeps saying Walter Ferreti Walter Ferreti over and over again, I think he's been on the catnip!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CD Ocotal vs CD Walter Ferretti

The final match of the weekend in the Liga Primera de Nicaragua is at 11pm BST tonight when CD Ocotal play CD Walter Ferretti at the Estadio Roy Fernando Bermudez. The play-off dream is now dead for the home side so they're simply playing for pride against an away side that need a win to secure their place in the play-offs. It'll be interesting to see how both teams approach this game.

CD Ocotal are rock bottom of the league in this Clausura season. The play-offs are no longer possible for Reynaldo Clavasquin's men but they could still move off the foot of the table in their final few games. The club is only 1 point behind Deportivo Las Sabanas with Real Madriz only a further 3 points ahead. If the team can pick up a couple of wins in their last few matches then it would be a positive end.

CD Walter Ferretti are well placed to qualify for the play-off quarter-finals. Henry Urbina will want his team to get that win to seal their place in the top six as soon as possible. Back-to-back wins have given them a bit of momentum heading into these final few games. Something to be wary of is the fact that both of those wins came on home turf. The away form of the team isn't very good at all with them having lost their last 3 away league matches.

On the note of CD Walter Ferretti's awful away form, it's hard to want to back them to win but CD Ocotal have just been so terrible lately. A club with nothing to play for can sometimes be more dangerous than a team with everything to play for. I just don't have much faith in the home side having the motivation or ability to take anything from this game so I have to back the away side to get a narrow win.

CD Walter Ferretti to Win @ 2.20 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.85 with Bet365

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CD Walter Ferretti vs Deportivo Las Sabanas

The penultimate round of matches in the regular season part of the Clausura phase in the Liga Primera de Nicaragua takes place tonight. The first match is an 11pm BST kick-off between play-off qualifiers CD Walter Ferretti and already eliminated Deportivo Las Sabanas. The home side still have faint hopes of reaching the top two but will an away side that no longer has any pressure on their shoulders be a dangerous proposition?

CD Walter Ferretti sealed their play-off spot on the weekend with a narrow 1-0 win away to bottom-placed CD Ocotal. It also keeps their chances alive of qualifying automatically for the semi-finals of the play-offs. Henry Urbina knows anything other than a win would extinguish those aspirations and even results going against them could confine them to a quarter-final place. Still, the opportunity is still there. Three league wins on the bounce with clean sheets in each match is perfect momentum for such a challenge.

Deportivo Las Sabanas have come to the end of the road for their campaign. Luis Vega's men are in 9th place and 9 points off the play-offs with only 2 league matches to play. It's now simply about playing for pride. The team can still finish higher than Real Madriz in 8th place but will the motivation really be present for such a minor aim? It's now just 1 win from their last 16 matches with no win in their last 3 league matches and morale is at a low.

This is a game CD Walter Ferretti will be determined to win in order to keep their play-off semi-final qualification hopes alive. Realistically, it's probably too little, too late because even if they win they need to rely on both Diriangen and Real Esteli slipping up twice. They will still keep fighting so long as it's possible and against a Deportivo Las Sabanas side that is struggling for goals right now it seems like a solid bet.

CD Walter Ferretti HT/FT @ 1.91 with Betfair

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.73 with Betfred

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Juventus Managua vs CD Ocotal

The second game coming up tonight in this league is between Juventus Managua and CD Ocotal in a midnight kick-off on Thursday morning set to be played at the Complejo Deportivo De Futbol Arnoldo Y Matty Chavez. The home side are still yet to confirm their place in the Clausura play-offs but they have a fantastic opportunity here against a travelling side that look set to finish bottom of the table unless they pluck some decent form out of thin air.

Juventus Managua are in 6th place and just 2 points within the play-offs. Chinandega FC and Real Madriz can still catch them so a defeat could open the play-off race right open again. Hector Medina's side are on an unbeaten run of 3 league matches managing to keep clean sheets in all of those games. It's set the team up well for this final run-in as they look to secure that play-off spot.

CD Ocotal sit depressingly at the foot of the league table with just 10 points from their 16 league games so far. They're only 1 point behind Deportivo Las Sabanas who are positioned one place above them in 9th so they will be keen to avoid the ignominy of finishing bottom. However, it's now 7 league games without a win including 6 defeats during that appalling run. It's hard to see where the next win will come from. Especially when they've not won on the road since 28th October, 2019.

It goes without saying that the anticipated outcome from this game is a convincing home win. CD Ocotal's players appear to have given up already. Juventus Managua have hit form at the ideal time. The combination of these two factors means it'll be a surprise to see anything other than a solid win for the play-off hopefuls. I'm torn between backing the handicap win or clean sheet. I'll have to go for the handicap win I think.

Juventus Managua -1 @ 2.05 with Betfred

Juventus Managua HT/FT @ 2.10 with Bet365

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Real Esteli vs Diriangen

The battle for the second play-off semi-final spot in the Liga Primera de Nicaragua could be decided at 2am BST on Thursday morning when 3rd and 2nd go toe-to-toe in this clash with Real Esteli hosting Diriangen at the Estadio Independencia in Esteli. It's a winner-takes-all clash with a draw set to favour the away side who are currently ahead of their opponents heading into this game on goal difference.

Real Esteli are in 3rd place but level on points with their opposition before kick-off. Holver Flores will want to see his side take full advantage of the home ground in this match. A 3-game streak without a win was ended in emphatic fashion on the weekend when two goals in the final 16 minutes sealed a 3-1 win away against Chinandega FC. Victory here would leave the team needing just 1 point from their final game against ART Municipal Jalapa away on the weekend to seal a play-off semi-final berth.

Diriangen have the potential to get the job done right here and now. Flavio da Silva's side are in 2nd place and ahead of their rivals on goal difference meaning that a win here would make it very tricky for Real Esteli to over-take Diriangen on the final weekend of the Clausura regular season. Inconsistent recent results have hampered their progress with just 2 wins from their last 6 league games. The 2-0 win they earned over Real Esteli at home earlier in the campaign will count for nothing if they lose here.

This is what it's all about. The pressure, the expectations, and the imminent drama. It doesn't get much better. Home advantage can be a huge benefit but it can also bring added nerves and pressure for the hosts. I think if Real Esteli hadn't grabbed that win on the weekend then I'd be worried for them. I think that was perfectly timed though and I think Diriangen's poor recent form could be an issue with no win in their last 4 away league games. Home win for me here but it'll be close.

Draw (Real Esteli -1) @ 3.30 with Betfred

Draw HT/ Real Esteli FT @ 4.20 with Paddy Power

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Real Esteli vs Diriangen

The battle for the second play-off semi-final spot in the Liga Primera de Nicaragua could be decided at 2am BST on Thursday morning when 3rd and 2nd go toe-to-toe in this clash with Real Esteli hosting Diriangen at the Estadio Independencia in Esteli. It's a winner-takes-all clash with a draw set to favour the away side who are currently ahead of their opponents heading into this game on goal difference.

Real Esteli are in 3rd place but level on points with their opposition before kick-off. Holver Flores will want to see his side take full advantage of the home ground in this match. A 3-game streak without a win was ended in emphatic fashion on the weekend when two goals in the final 16 minutes sealed a 3-1 win away against Chinandega FC. Victory here would leave the team needing just 1 point from their final game against ART Municipal Jalapa away on the weekend to seal a play-off semi-final berth.

Diriangen have the potential to get the job done right here and now. Flavio da Silva's side are in 2nd place and ahead of their rivals on goal difference meaning that a win here would make it very tricky for Real Esteli to over-take Diriangen on the final weekend of the Clausura regular season. Inconsistent recent results have hampered their progress with just 2 wins from their last 6 league games. The 2-0 win they earned over Real Esteli at home earlier in the campaign will count for nothing if they lose here.

This is what it's all about. The pressure, the expectations, and the imminent drama. It doesn't get much better. Home advantage can be a huge benefit but it can also bring added nerves and pressure for the hosts. I think if Real Esteli hadn't grabbed that win on the weekend then I'd be worried for them. I think that was perfectly timed though and I think Diriangen's poor recent form could be an issue with no win in their last 4 away league games. Home win for me here but it'll be close.

Draw (Real Esteli -1) @ 3.30 with Betfred

Draw HT/ Real Esteli FT @ 4.20 with Paddy Power

Esteli is ahead of Diriangen on goal difference...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Managua FC vs ART Municipal Jalapa

The next match we are previewing from this round of games is between league leaders Managua FC and ART Municipal Jalapa in a 2am BST kick-off on Thursday morning from the Estadio Nacional de Futbol. A spot in the play-off semi-finals still isn't secured for the home side yet so they'll be looking to seal that against an away team that are still yet to book their place in the play-offs.

Managua FC are rampant right now. Emilio Aburto's side are top of the table and 5 points clear of second placed Real Esteli. It's now also 11 matches unbeaten and it is hard to look past them going all the way. This match is a chance for them to seal top spot and their place in the play-off semi-finals as they look to go one better in the Clausura than they did in the Apertura.

ART Municipal Jalapa are situated in 5th place but 5 points inside the play-offs. The odds are firmly in the favour of Angel Orellana's men with not only them needing to slip up twice but both Juventus Managua and Chinandega FC winning their games remaining. One of the big issues for this team right now is their profligacy up front having failed to win their last 3 league games and also failing to score in any of those matches. The ray of hope is that they're unbeaten in their last two away outings.

I simply can't see anyone standing in the way of Managua FC from reaching the play-off semi-finals and I'd even have a solid bet on them going all the way now. They're clearly a side spurred on by missing out on the Clausura win. ART Municipal Jalapa will be far from a walk in the park but as the away side and only needing a point to realistically reach the play-offs from their last two games then I feel the home win is where the sensible money will be.

Managua FC HT/FT @ 2.40 with Bet365

Managua FC to Win to Nil @ 2.50 with Boylesports

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Real Madriz vs Chinandega FC

The final match from this round of matches that we're covering in Nicaragua is the clash of Real Madriz and Chinandega FC at the Estadio Soldaridad Augusto Cesar Mendoza in a 2am BST kick-off this Thursday morning. It's a big game for both sides with play-off aspirations of varying strengths still being entertained but the dream could end for one of these sides here.

Real Madriz are on the brink of being eliminated from the Clausura phase before the play-offs. Juan Ramirez's side are in 8th place and 6 points off the play-off pace with just 2 league games remaining. It's almost mission impossible which isn't helped by a goal difference deficit of 13 goals needing to be corrected. OK, so mission impossible is more like mission miracle but it's still mathematically possible! The problem is that it's now 4 league games without a win for the team and that includes having failed to hit the back of the net in their last 3 league games. You would be forgiven for thinking the players have just given up the ghost.

Chinandega FC find themselves in a slightly better predicament in 7th place and only 2 points behind the play-offs. A win here is absolutely crucial for Reyna Espinoza's team if they're to keep their play-off hopes alive. A home match against bottom of the table CD Ocotal awaits in their final game so the players will want to take it to the final day. Back-to-back defeats with 6 goals conceded in those two matches is a concern. The 7-0 hammering against CD Walter Ferretti still haunts the team. This is far from a given.

Well, this is a tricky one to call. Neither side has shown much over the end part of this season to leave me confident that they can take something from this game. I am tempted to back a cheeky away win simply because of what Chinandega FC have left to fight for but will the pressure get to them? Real Madriz are more than capable of getting the win at home. I think the nerves are getting to the away side and they could well fall short here.

Real Madriz to Win @ 1.60 with Betfair

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.83 with Betfair

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...