DECLARATION

COPPER QUEEN

10/10/2020
YORK 3.45
Class 3
7 Furlong novice stakes
Jockey, Kevin Stott
Stall 8

Copper Queen has been declared to run on Saturday at York. She showed plenty of ability last time out after being slowly away, when the pace changed she was also caught out flat footed so she lost another length there. If everything went her way at Newcastle she could of probably finished 2nd behind which looks a very smart filly. This looks quite a warm race but she’s better than what we’ve seen so far. The 7 furlongs at york should suit her, as they nearly always go fast the first couple of furlongs to get the early positions. The ground should be perfect for her and we are hopeful of a good run.

Teamwork makes the Dream Work

Harry and The Team

23 hours ago, LeMale said:

Copper Queen 1545 York Saturday (see above) opens at 40-1 Bet365.

Looks a tougher race, but with a better start and conditions in her favor could nick a place.:hope

2nd to what looks a decent horse in Baradar. 

Really happy with that run. Broke a lot better, in fact got a great start and looked decent in running. This was quite a big step up and she didn't look out of place, so very pleased. I will try to remember to put the race report from the trainer up when i get it.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com

Crocodile Power
Race Declaration 

Hi Everyone,

DECLARATION 

CROCODILE POWER 

16/10/2020
REDCAR 3.35
Class 5 novice stakes 
6 Furlongs 
Stall 15
Jockey: Jason Hart 

Crocodile Power is ready to make his debut this Friday at Redcar, he has been going well on the gallops and I’ve yet to see him do anything wrong. He is drawn 15 and I personally wouldn’t of chose that, but unfortunately that’s the luck of the draw, but he is drawn next to the 104 rated Spycatcher which should give us a good indication how to ride him, but Jason Hart is a very good Jockey and I’m sure he’ll know what to do! What we’ve seen he’s a strong traveler with a big stride, however it is his first time out and we haven’t rushed him, the ground will be soft, we think he will handle it but we won’t truly know until the race itself. It’s been a fantastic journey with this horse following him since he was a scruffy foal and now he is a magnificent animal to look at! Let’s hope for a good run and for him to come home safe and sound, good luck to all connections involved.

Harry and The Team

Crocodile Power. -  10th 

Very slowly away and never really in it. It was a very similar race to Copper Queens first run and she did a lot better next time out, so hoping the same for The Croc. Caught me a bit by surprise this race, as he was about to do some stall work 2 days ago and would have thought they would spent more time on that sort of thing (as it proved) But it's all good experience and looking forward to the next race.

image.png.b33ece6a961dae7bdf069c9b56fe7b66.png

Jaboticaba has been declared to run in the following race:

Sunday 18 October
2.57 Kempton - Handicap Chase (Class 3) 2m2f

There are nine declared runners and Tom Cannon is booked to ride.

Alan King says Jaboticaba is in good form at home and conditions should suit him on Sunday. Alan says this is a tough race and he is up 8lbs in the weights, so this will not be an easy task for Jaboticaba, who posted a career-best performance to win at Warwick last time out. Alan says he is one of the in-form horses in the line-up, but he needs another career-best if he is to make the frame this weekend.

Our View: Locker Room Talk is very consistent and has gone well fresh in the past. He must cope with a high handicap mark, but could still be improving. Leapaway won five hurdle races in 2018, and also his most recent race (his fourth over fences), last month. He is up 7lbs and could be too high in the weights. Darling Maltaix is in the form of his life, having won two of his last three races. He is not an easy ride, but comes here in great form. Mr Medic is better over a longer trip. Generous Day won over 2m4f at Kempton last season, but was disappointing afterwards; this is first start since having a wind operation, which may help him.

Crooks Peak has been a very decent horse, but he has been totally out of form since finishing fourth to the top-class Epatante over hurdles last November. Solar Impulse won his penultimate race at Southwell, but could only finish third last time from his revised mark. Cap Du Nord also drops back in trip, and is more than capable on his day.

Jaboticaba looked better than ever when winning at Warwick last month, but the last time he contested a Class 3 chase over this course and distance, he struggled for another gear when the leaders pressed on in the straight. He needs to have improved and gained confidence from his victory last time in order to defy a rising handicap mark, so we feel a place would be a great effort from the popular chestnut on Sunday. We recommend a value price to be 7/1.

Tough ask but :hope

26/10/2020
REDCAR 2:25
Class 5 novice stakes 
6 Furlongs 
Stall 3
Jockey: Ben Curtis

Crocodile Power is ready to run his second career race! The last race nearly everything went wrong after missing the break and being at the wrong side of the track, I’ve mentioned before if you ignore all the horses at the far side with the advantage and just look at the near side horses, he finished 3rd and nothing was passing him. On Monday it’s only a 7 runner field so he won’t be in the stalls for a long time, he’s got a good draw too. However he is still quite a big baby and we are waiting for the penny to drop with him. It’s not a bad race but I do think he will run well, it’s only his second time out and we certainly know he’s a nice horse and no doubt he’ll be better in time. Fingers crossed for a good run and good luck to all connections involved!

Harry and The Team

On 10/25/2020 at 12:34 PM, LeMale said:

26/10/2020
REDCAR 2:25
Class 5 novice stakes 
6 Furlongs 
Stall 3
Jockey: Ben Curtis

Crocodile Power is ready to run his second career race! The last race nearly everything went wrong after missing the break and being at the wrong side of the track, I’ve mentioned before if you ignore all the horses at the far side with the advantage and just look at the near side horses, he finished 3rd and nothing was passing him. On Monday it’s only a 7 runner field so he won’t be in the stalls for a long time, he’s got a good draw too. However he is still quite a big baby and we are waiting for the penny to drop with him. It’s not a bad race but I do think he will run well, it’s only his second time out and we certainly know he’s a nice horse and no doubt he’ll be better in time. Fingers crossed for a good run and good luck to all connections involved!

Harry and The Team

I missed the race, but 6th place. I have to say that it appears they do not send through race reports like other company, which is disappointing, so will have to wait and see what they say next week.

Broke out of stalls better than last time going well then stumbled about a furlong from finish. No chance really after that and don't think he was pushed from then on. Don't think he would have won but a big improvement on his first run. He's a big fine horse and still got some growing to do to fill his frame. 

Race Report 

Hi Everyone,

Post Race Report 

Crocodile Power ran yesterday in the 2.25 at Redcar finishing 6th. He ran much better than the finishing position suggested, he came on loads from his first run. He jumped out of the stalls well and got a handy position. He was keen in the early stages but Ben Curtis managed to get him in a good rhythm but two furlongs out he slipped which lost his momentum, he would of finished 2nd or 3rd If he kept going but he wasn’t ready to win. He’s come out well and eaten up. John loves this horse and is excited about next season with him, he’ll have one more run this season and then we will get a handicap mark. Hopefully the handicapper is kind with us so we have lots with next year!

Harry and The Team

Just now, LeMale said:

Race Report 

Hi Everyone,

Post Race Report 

Crocodile Power ran yesterday in the 2.25 at Redcar finishing 6th. He ran much better than the finishing position suggested, he came on loads from his first run. He jumped out of the stalls well and got a handy position. He was keen in the early stages but Ben Curtis managed to get him in a good rhythm but two furlongs out he slipped which lost his momentum, he would of finished 2nd or 3rd If he kept going but he wasn’t ready to win. He’s come out well and eaten up. John loves this horse and is excited about next season with him, he’ll have one more run this season and then we will get a handicap mark. Hopefully the handicapper is kind with us so we have lots with next year!

Harry and The Team

Pretty much as you said @ralphie7 .  I got a race report this time, they must have forgot me the last twice!

Dear Dramatista owner,

Dramatista runs today at Newcastle and Jason Hart takes the ride.

Dramatista returns to the track tonight and we are going to look to campaign her purely at Newcastle going forward. It's a consistent racing surface and the 7 and 8 furlong racing distances are on the straight track.

Today's aim is very much to get the run out of the way and come home sound and strip fitter for the run.

We will drop her in as horses can often be keen off a layoff. She won't be given a hard race.

We are poorly drawn in stall 4.

--
Thanks
Nick Bradley
Managing Director
http://www.nickbradleyracing.co.uk

DECLARATION

COPPER QUEEN

31/10/2020
NEWMARKET 12.20
Class 4
7 Furlong novice stakes
Jockey, Kevin Stott
Stall 

Copper Queen has been declared to run on Saturday at Newmarket. She ran a fantastic race last time finishing 2nd to a horse called Baradar. Since that race, Baradar has finished 3rd in the Group 1 Vertem Futurity Trophy over a mile. At the seven furlong pole I thought he was going to win, as he was travelling with a double handful but couldn’t quite finish on the heavy going. Copper Queen has come out of her race very well and we love her to pieces...how she puts her head down and tries her heart out! She will love the soft ground on Saturday. We can’t forget this is a Newmarket novice so we will be up agaisnt some of the best fillies in the country, but out of the horses what have ran no doubt she has the best form in the race. We’re hopeful for a big run...

Good luck to all connections involved.

Harry and The Team

7 hours ago, calva decoy said:

CALVA D'AUGE has his seasonal opener today up at Ayr in the 3.27 , carrying lots of weight despite L.Williams taking 3Lbs off , the Owners Group report seemed to think Faire Port Sivola should be the one to beat , we'll see , had a £1 @ 3/1 just to watch the race ?

Perfect trip , perfect going , looking forward to the excuses .

Awful run !

• 2 weeks later...
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ownersgroup.co.uk%2Femailfiles%2Fimages%2Fstructure%2Fheader2020.jpg&t=1605000178&ymreqid=80719642-3e73-dc7f-2fd2-d60026016a00&sig=t70xOzTesbWvt0n9sQzBmQ--~D
Owners Group

SYNDICATE UPDATE

Kodiac Pride KODIAC PRIDE

Having seen traces of blood in Kodiac Pride's post-work tracheal washes recently, Sir Mark Prescott has advised that he should be taken out of training with immediate effect. Sir Mark says that once a horse starts to bleed (break blood vessels), it becomes extremely difficult to train them and, more importantly, it's uncomfortable and stressful for the horse. There is no obvious reason why Kodiac Pride should have started bleeding, but this is sometimes something that can develop over time and as a horse gets older.

Kodiac Pride almost pulled off an unforgettable treble during the summer and, had his weight cloth not slipped at Salisbury, it would have been a marvellous training feat by Sir Mark. Regardless, we were all very proud that a few days after that incident, Kodiac Pride put his best foot forward and won well at Wolverhampton. Whilst it is hugely disappointing that Kodiac Pride will now be retired, we will remember his two wins fondly, particularly 'the win that never was'!

Sir Mark has asked Owners Group to thank you all for your support of Kodiac Pride and Heath House. Kodiac Pride is due to head to EquiPrep shortly, where he will enjoy a holiday before being assessed ahead of being re-homed. If you think you may be interested in offering Kodiac Pride a home for life, please email [email protected]. Kodiac Pride will be re-homed with a non-racing agreement.

If Kodiac Pride is re-homed prior to the syndicate end date of 1 October 2021, there will be a pro-rata refund due to you.

Thank you very much for your support of Kodiac Pride. We will keep you updated on his progress.

• 3 weeks later...

Have 2 out tomorrow both at Ludlow, Miranda in the 1.30 decent class 2 hurdle looks to have a lively chance having had 2 flat races as prep for the hurdle opener, the Skelton horse could be on an attractive mark, hopeful of a place, pity there is only 7 runners and 5/2 is not a tempting price, all these horses tend to drift nearer the off.

Then my 1st horse Groovy Kind makes her long awaited debut in the last race bumper. Nichols tends apparently to not over cook them at home, there appear to be several lively sorts in here and think unless drifts several points from 4/1 probably a watching brief, again Skelton has one also Henderson, a couple with experience, Groovy Kind will do well to get a place.

Fingers crossed both run well and come back safe, possible win for Miranda.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Dramatista owner,

Dramatista runs today at Newcastle and Danny Tudhope takes the ride.

Dramatista was lame behind for four or five days following her latest run but was then sound and was given the green light by the vet to resume training.

Had we not been lame after her latest start I would be entering today's race with quite a bit of confidence.

We drop in grade significantly today and the step up to 1 mile should suit based on pedigree. We are drawn well in stall 9 and we will ask Danny to ride a patient race.

We shouldn't be keen today, although the 28 day window is slightly longer than I had planned for, so that could end up a factor (but hopefully not)

I think our chances today are determined by whether or not the issue bothers her during the race today. If she doesn't feel any recurrence then I think we have a good EW chance, if it does bother her then we won't run our race and it's hard to know which was it will go with her history of niggles. Fingers crossed it all comes together for her today.

--
Thanks
Nick Bradley

After race report. 

Dear Dramatista owner,

Dramatista ran a good race tonight at Newcastle.

It looked like she didn't feel any recurrence of the injury during the race. She travelled strongly and was the last horse off the bridle.

Danny reported that he didn't have the racing room to make his run until the bird had flown.

He thought the trip was perfect and that she would win next time if he was on her!

We can't necessarily give her that trip as her next run - it depends on what races are in the book. I entered her for a race at Newcastle on December 21st but in all likelihood we will wait until December 28th for a 0-60, back down over 7 furlongs.

--
Thanks
Nick Bradley

Edited by roger2256
Addition

• 2 weeks later...

14 minutes ago

Dear Dramatista owner.

Dramatista runs today and Jason Hart takes the ride.

Both Jason and Danny phoned up early for the ride on Dramatista today as Ben isn't back riding until later in the week.

Dramatista came out of the race sound last time and I hope/expect that run to put her spot on for today's race. We are drawn in stall 12 today, and with stall 13 a non runner that looks to be a very good draw, being just one off the fence.

The pace to the race looks to be drawn low rather than high however, which isn't ideal.

Today is very much her Derby day and I do expect her to go very close with my only concern being if we find ourselves well away from where the race develops.

We will ride her with patience today and aim to deliver her to the front inside the final 300 yards.

I can't see her finishing outside the first three and, depending on our luck, maybe more

--
Thanks
Nick Bradley
Managing Director
http://www.nickbradleyracing.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Well tomorrow is Going to be a exciting day, Glynn is in the Class 1 Lanzarote at Kempton. Hopefully show his true running. Last race was a bit of a mess, no real pace, ‘winning’ horse had no weight cloth so was never going to be beat really, decent run after nearly a year off. His first race he won convincingly to say the least, with several winners coming from the race with Ashdown Lad being one. Hopeful he will place in the first 7 if with Sky bet although shorter than I would like at 13/2, might drift tomorrow or take the SP.

Good Luck with Glynn, i too have a runner tomorrow in Take Your Time in the 1330 Wincanton as long as he has sorted his jumping errors at Chepstow out like Paul Nicholls has said he has at home fingers crossed he'll get the job done and in the very capable hands of Harry Skelton 

Edited by ipswich45

2 hours ago, ipswich45 said:

Take Your Time came 3rd finishing 6l behind winner but sounds to have jumped a lot better than Chepstow where he finished 2nd 9l behind last month 

Watched the race on bet 365 looked a promising run as have all his runs really. TYT up for renewal next month might have to acquire a share if I’m quick enough. Bear Ghylls runs at Exeter tomorrow who beat him first race at lingfield and has won since, only 6/4 but will watch with interest.

Glynn looked to be going so well, certainly looked capable of a place (first 6) at least, then stopped rather quickly, nervous wait for report now. Looked to have got kicked or jumped into another horse all so quick, haven’t watched a replay yet. Hopefully he will be sound and will have another couple of races in him this season.

Think both may make good chasers in time, but think Glynn has a good hurdle race in him somewhere. Maybe 20 horses was a bit much for his 3rd race. Certainly liked the raised pace of the race though.

i have renewed TYT for the next term and yes Paul has said he will make a good chaser next couple of seasons, he did have a entry at the Lingfield meeting this week that went bumpers for jumpers instead would be great to see him fair round there again maybe 124 was too high a rating for today fingers crossed next run be better