** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Strikers Horses To Follow

On 3/19/2021 at 7:23 PM, Striker said:

Weak in the market [3-1] and never got involved after being impeded at the start

Boudot had his arms high throughout the race so not much effort today! Horse does need a middle distance and its noticeable that stable unraced 3 year old's are needing their first run this season

Lets see if Boudot is a bit more animated tomorrow on Western Soldier [2.45 Saint-Cloud]

Best odds so far are the 6-1 with Bet 365

On 2/19/2021 at 4:51 PM, Striker said:

As usual I like to put up a dark one trained by the Irish legend Dermot Weld

Mitigated Risk

Yet to run or have any entries but this 3 year old son of Galileo is expected to be a half decent stayer

Debut is in the last race at Cork tomorrow, a decent looking maiden

But will be a each way price,currently 10-1

On 4/2/2021 at 5:08 PM, Striker said:

Lets see if Boudot is a bit more animated tomorrow on Western Soldier [2.45 Saint-Cloud]

Best odds so far are the 6-1 with Bet 365

Ran better in 3rd, and more improvement should be expected when going up in distance 

On 3/26/2021 at 5:16 PM, Striker said:

Won easier than the 1/2 length distance

Still a big baby and will do better when on the grass

Sir Lamorak is on the grass tomorrow at Leopardstown, but in a handicap (4.20)

Opening odds of 9-4

On 2/17/2021 at 8:47 PM, Striker said:

adding...Xaario

Trained in France as a juvenile by Pia & Joakim Brandt who thought the colt was special but he only won one of his 3 races

But the owner has now sent him to a trainer of whom I greatly admire David Menuisier, and I would be more than hopeful he will find the key to this grey

In the greenham stakes Sunday 14.45 33/1?

On 4/4/2021 at 8:45 AM, Striker said:

Ran better in 3rd, and more improvement should be expected when going up in distance 

Trainer said yesterday about Western Soldier

"I always liked him but he is very immature physically and mentally...still very heavy and should improve with time"

On 2/18/2021 at 4:04 PM, Striker said:

Dark horse addition..

Navegaon Gate

This Ed Walker colt was 4th on debut in a ordinary back end maiden, but thought he got a lovely introduction to the sport by Tom Marquand who is so good on first time juveniles and this horse will repay that kindness 

Looks like being a juicy each way price for his seasonal debut tomorrow at Newbury (4.30)

Currently 22-1

On 3/31/2021 at 8:51 PM, Striker said:

David Menuisier has not had a winner this year with his horses looking in need of the run, though worth remembering its the turf when his stock rises at tracks like Sandown/Goodwood/July Course

Having said that he was unlucky not to have a winner on Monday, when his colt got hampered at the stalls and at first bend before getting no room in the straight...yet finished well to get 3rd

Should pay to follow over further and is totally unexposed when going on the grass

Flyin'Solo

Goes on the grass tomorrow in the last race at Newbury 

Tough handicap, but five places are available (6-1 currently on offer)

On 3/15/2021 at 2:24 PM, Striker said:

Well the money came...and again disappointed

No blame on the jockey today, got the horse in a good position early though did not see much daylight in last half furlong

Shaped like a step up in trip would be of benefit, and then we might see what his backers think the horse is capable of!

Silastar is up in trip and has first race on the turf tomorrow in the last race at Longchamp

Will the money come again, first show is 7-1

On 4/17/2021 at 2:39 AM, Striker said:

Derab Snow Lantern

Both declared for the opening maiden at Newbury on Sunday [5-4/7-4]

Should be a race if they both run, but the Hannon filly was a non runner earlier in the week due to fast going

I hate it when this happens!! If you dutch them, you get around 1/3, which I simply won't do. 

If I had to choose, just based on form, I would go with Derab, as that form line through La Barrosa looks solid.

The problem is at this time of the year is to know which one is the most forward. The sensible thing is to watch and evaluate.

But the undisciplined degenerate gambler I am, means I will probably back Derab!. ?

On 2/17/2021 at 7:45 PM, Striker said:

With the flat turf season not too far away, I have been spring cleaning my tracker and only keeping horses that excite me when thinking about their their future...like

Derab

Abdullah colt trained by Gosden who ran a nice debut in a hot Ascot maiden last autumn

A warm favourite to beat Snow Lantern today, but came 2nd which time might prove to be excellent form

Though on today’s running this horse needs to go up in trip, and then should win some nice races 

On 4/16/2021 at 7:32 PM, Striker said:

50-1 with Boylesports

Big ask straight into a Group 3, but if to justify his 2000 Guineas entry then a respectable run maybe on the cards

Xaario was awkward leaving the stalls and not long after was pulled up, later being diagnosed with a Pelvis injury.

Fair chance the horse will return to the track, but obviously not the ideal start to his 3-y-o career 

On 4/17/2021 at 7:26 PM, Striker said:

Looks like being a juicy each way price for his seasonal debut tomorrow at Newbury (4.30)

Currently 22-1

Went off at 7-1!

But was always being run off his feet before staying on in the straight, and would certainly have placed if the jockey had been a bit more hard on the horse but he knew the front two were gone so let him come home on his own stride.

However the colt looks a nice stayer in the making and this run was another positive lesson in his education 

On 4/17/2021 at 8:17 PM, Striker said:

Silastar is up in trip and has first race on the turf tomorrow in the last race at Longchamp

Will the money come again, first show is 7-1

Nice to see the horse show what he is capable of Winning :)cozily, and will be surprised if not kept to a grass campaign now

On 2/25/2021 at 3:02 PM, Striker said:

2nd!

Only beaten a neck, but again the race was lost with a sluggish break from the stalls and then in first half of the race never really in a good position and also running green.

Did come to challenge the more experienced winner stylishly ,but run petered out close home when for me the energy levels used after the slow start emptied 

But first two came clear, and I would be surprised if the Godolphin horse confirmed this form if they met again 

Le Nomade runs tomorrow (3.05)

Trainer said recently that the horse has a nice future, but might need to be gelded...so last run possibly tomorrow as a man!

Opening show is 3-1

On 4/17/2021 at 7:36 PM, Striker said:

Goes on the grass tomorrow in the last race at Newbury 

Tough handicap, but five places are available (6-1 currently on offer)

Impressive Win ;)as looked one of the first beat a couple of furlongs out, and will be interesting to see what his talented trainer targets next for the horse

On 4/16/2021 at 7:36 PM, Striker said:

Trainer said yesterday about Western Soldier

"I always liked him but he is very immature physically and mentally...still very heavy and should improve with time"

Horse comes back in trip tomorrow (2.05 Compiegne)

Been put in as the market leader (15-8)

17 hours ago, Striker said:

Impressive Win ;)as looked one of the first beat a couple of furlongs out, and will be interesting to see what his talented trainer targets next for the horse

I had to do a retake here, as I thought I had missed out on one of your winners!!

This post relates to Flyin' Solo, I believe. That being the case I think you might be mixing the races up.

Admittedly I have not watched the race since it won, but I have referred to my notes and dodgy memory.This was an easy winner that won with something in hand, making smooth progress from 3f out, leading inside the final furlong. It certainly didnt look like it was NOT going well at ANY stage of the race.

Am I right, or have I missed something?

22 hours ago, Striker said:

Horse comes back in trip tomorrow (2.05 Compiegne)

Been put in as the market leader (15-8)

Strange run showing early pace to lead and then eased by Boudot when headed, though the first two home were isolated on the opposite side of the track