** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Strikers Horses To Follow

24 minutes ago, Striker said:

No  I got paid at 14’s as Sky and 365 do not pay BOG on extra place races

I got 16’s drifted through the day, have started taking the SP rather than the price on some of the longer price E/W selections as I want the extra places but they tend to over shorten the price. Can not cash out though as they don’t then offer one. But then not often you want to cash a horse race bet. Bit different to football that lasts 90 minutes, and you can get some decisions that can alter the likely result you were expecting.

I played at 20-1 again when the Trainer spoke positive words about the horse on telly before the race.

Good point though about the extra place prices overnight and early morning especially on a market which like the Meydan one would not have much volume to it.

With the flat turf season not too far away, I have been spring cleaning my tracker and only keeping horses that excite me when thinking about their their future...like

Derab

Abdullah colt trained by Gosden who ran a nice debut in a hot Ascot maiden last autumn

On 2/20/2021 at 11:21 AM, Striker said:

French addition

Le Nomade

I think his Trainer Francis-Henri Graffard is hugely talented and this colt ran a lovely debut at Chantilly a couple of weeks ago, falling out of the stalls before running on to finish a close up 3rd

Will be the market leader to win his maiden tomorrow over the same CD [12.25]

Bet 365 have opened up at 7-4

2nd!

Only beaten a neck, but again the race was lost with a sluggish break from the stalls and then in first half of the race never really in a good position and also running green.

Did come to challenge the more experienced winner stylishly ,but run petered out close home when for me the energy levels used after the slow start emptied 

But first two came clear, and I would be surprised if the Godolphin horse confirmed this form if they met again 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 8:47 PM, Striker said:

adding...Xaario

Trained in France as a juvenile by Pia & Joakim Brandt who thought the colt was special but he only won one of his 3 races

But the owner has now sent him to a trainer of whom I greatly admire David Menuisier, and I would be more than hopeful he will find the key to this grey

66/1 for 2000 guineas

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 2:11 PM, Striker said:

Punted into favouritism again, but an X rated ride by the jockey:spank

Same jockey rides Silastar again tomorrow at Chantilly [1.50]

Be interesting if the money comes for the third race in a row, but the current 9-1 appeals each way with Bet 365

Edited by Striker

3 hours ago, Striker said:

Same jockey rides Silastar again tomorrow at Chantilly [1.50]

Be interesting if the money comes for the third race in a row, but the current 9-1 appeals each way with Bet 365

No money yet, drifted to 12-1 on bet365. I would have been more confident if a different jockey. What’s the system in France is it 3 runs for a handicap mark as over here, if so with another bad run could be interesting on the 4th run? Looked the possible winner in last race and finished 9th. I’ ve had a couple of quid E/W at 12’s let’s hope the jockey has had some advice!

Well the money came...and again disappointed

No blame on the jockey today, got the horse in a good position early though did not see much daylight in last half furlong

Shaped like a step up in trip would be of benefit, and then we might see what his backers think the horse is capable of!

5 hours ago, Striker said:

No blame on the jockey today, got the horse in a good position early though did not see much daylight in last half furlong

Not sure I totally agree, yes it was a better ride, (could hardly have been worse) but still think the jockey got him trapped up the inside rail and did not show him any daylight to get any sort of a run, not sure seemed to get a gap run and stopped because gap had gone again. Seems a tight track with not a lot of space.

On 2/17/2021 at 9:33 PM, Striker said:

Adding...Ridgeway Avenue

Ran two nice races without winning as a juvenile for talented trainer James Ferguson, should make a nice middle distance type

Seasonal debut is tomorrow at Kempton [5.45]

Put in at 7-4...not eased despite big punt on the Watson newcomer from 3-1 into 11-10!

On 2/23/2021 at 6:13 AM, Striker said:

Talking of Graffard, this yet to race 3 year old colt of his has ability am reliably informed

Western Soldier 

Debut is tomorrow at Fontainebleau [1.05]

Bet 365 taking no chances with a first show of 15-8

Weak in the market [3-1] and never got involved after being impeded at the start

Boudot had his arms high throughout the race so not much effort today! Horse does need a middle distance and its noticeable that stable unraced 3 year old's are needing their first run this season

On 2/19/2021 at 11:42 AM, Striker said:

Adding this Irish colt

Sir Lamorak

Though not winning ran with credit behind Ballydoyle stablemates in two top track maidens, will find his feet when going up in trip

Seasonal debut tomorrow at Dundalk [4.55]

Surprised not going on the turf but is up in trip, and will be a warm order with a first show of 6-5

David Menuisier has not had a winner this year with his horses looking in need of the run, though worth remembering its the turf when his stock rises at tracks like Sandown/Goodwood/July Course

Having said that he was unlucky not to have a winner on Monday, when his colt got hampered at the stalls and at first bend before getting no room in the straight...yet finished well to get 3rd

Should pay to follow over further and is totally unexposed when going on the grass

Flyin'Solo