** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Strikers Horses To Follow

15 hours ago, Striker said:

Was a lively outsider into 11-1 and was travelling nicely with the eventual winner till stopping very quickly 4 out and quickly pulled up..with jockey reporting that horse made a respiratory noise!

still priced up at 40/1 with betfair, though generally only 20s-25s with most other bookies!

Interestingly priced up at only 16/1 for Paddy Power chase on 27th Dec.

Somebody knows something!!!! Hopefully the breathing problem isnt serious, otherwise I fear the Christmas plots have been scupered

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 8:40 PM, Striker said:

At The Acorn was kept in this week at the latest declaration stage for the big staying chase in Ireland Christmas weekend...suggesting all is well

Still a solid 16/1 for PP Chase

Still priced up with every major bookie for the Welsh National (40/1 best price with PP)

It would make sense with all the Covid restrictions that it stays and races in Ireland, rather than travel to Wales

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2020 at 3:11 PM, Striker said:

Vibes are good for the French to restart their season next week and can pass on a decent word for this Sea The Stars colt who is yet to race [3 year old]

Silastar

Finally makes his debut today at Deauville [1.50]

Obviously the delay is a concern but it looks a winnable race if fit to go...currently 7-2

Interesting debut run

Went off a well backed Fav, but jinked leaving the stalls and was last early on but ran very free for first half of the race

Jockey seemed to accept the situation in the home straight deliberately not switching the horse out wide to challenge but decided to educate him by bringing the colt through the middle under hands and heels to finish a close up 7th beaten about 3 lengths

Winner waiting to happen! 

Sea Ducor

Is a Irish trained Handicap hurdler who I think has a big pot in him this winter

Has won on the flat and then after winning his novice hurdle ran a big race when 2nd in a decent handicap over Christmas

In my opinion he is still unexposed and ahead of his rating, would not be a great surprise to see him plunder a big festival handicap if the Irish are allowed to come over in March

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Next month the flat turf season starts and a Trainer that I expect to do well is Alan King who though better known for being a NH man is year by year getting more involved on the level and his horses tend to go off under priced. I liked a few of his juveniles last year and have a few of them in my tracker like....

Forever William

Finished 3rd on only run at Leicester after missing the break and being outpaced, well as showing greenness.

Will win over middle distances for sure and has been gelded which King likes to do with his nice prospects

On 1/10/2021 at 12:50 PM, Striker said:

Interesting debut run

Went off a well backed Fav, but jinked leaving the stalls and was last early on but ran very free for first half of the race

Jockey seemed to accept the situation in the home straight deliberately not switching the horse out wide to challenge but decided to educate him by bringing the colt through the middle under hands and heels to finish a close up 7th beaten about 3 lengths

Winner waiting to happen! 

Silastar runs tomorrow at Chantilly [1.50]

On 9/10/2020 at 6:46 PM, Striker said:

A rare poor run, writing on the wall when leaving the stalls horse wanted to go forward but jockey pulled him back which did not go down well!

I see Eastern World is spending the winter in Dubai and runs tomorrow [3.15]

Though Buick is on the Fav, worth chancing our horse at double figure odds [Taken 14's]

Each Way [six places] @ 12-1  Skybet

16 minutes ago, Striker said:

Punted into favouritism again, but an X rated ride by the jockey:spank

Thats twice its been battered in the betting. I backed it each way. It was 5/1 when I put the bet on, but my online brokers are cr@p. My main one had no market , so my 'reserve' one was offering bets but only SP which I had to take!! So in a way I am glad it got beat!!!I would have been well miffed getting paid out at 5/4!!. Hopefully it will be a bigger price 1 or 2 races from now.