** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Strikers Horses To Follow

The Fillies' Novice at Newmarket on Friday looks pretty exciting at the entry stage, with a whole host of blue blooded possible runners

Some with form but a lot could make their debut and it is one of them that catches my eye and I understand is held in some regard by top connections

A'Shaari

Dubawi filly for Godolphin, and interestingly is already Jocked up [Buick]

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 5:11 PM, Striker said:

Got the place money in 5th

But looked good to win entering the final furlong when leading, but as quoted above I do think he will be seen to maximum effect on better ground

Eastern World comes back in trip tomorrow [3.45 Doncaster] and will wear cheek pieces

Ground is drying out though still some soft in it, small win at 13-2 Bet 365

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Despite strength in the market a disappointing debut

Got restless in the stalls and missed the break on a track where it pays to be prominent. She did though make a sweeping run 2f out but got impeded and started to hang.

Would say the ground tired her out, and next time you will probably see her on one of the all weather tracks

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/14/2020 at 2:32 PM, Striker said:

Despite strength in the market a disappointing debut

Got restless in the stalls and missed the break on a track where it pays to be prominent. She did though make a sweeping run 2f out but got impeded and started to hang.

Would say the ground tired her out, and next time you will probably see her on one of the all weather tracks

..and Missile is declared on the all weather Wednesday at Kempton [5.35]

Considering she went off at 100-30...that was disappointing!

Again showed temperament issues when being loaded into the stalls, but jumped off fine and looked in control of the race from the front...was matched at 1.58!

But she folded tamely when challenged and my first thought was the horse did not stay, so a drop in trip looks a must next time

Search For A Song

She has been a very good friend to this topic and indeed followed up her Irish St Leger victory again this autumn

But it was her final run of the season on Champions Day at Ascot that really excited me when attempting 2 miles for the first time ran on well to finish 2nd after being in my opinion given too much to do

However it tells me there is still a lot of stamina in the filly, and I am confident that next season she will be trained with the Cup races in mind and will be the horse to beat 

As for the National Hunt, this staying Irish chaser is well on my radar

At The Acorn

Trained by Tony Martin whose owners paid €150,000 for this now only 6 year old a couple of years ago

Has only won the one race so far but appears to me to be a target horse for a big staying handicap chase on winter ground, and its significant that both runs this season have been over hurdles and at too short a distance

I was wondering whether one of the targets is going to be the Welsh Grand National over Christmas, and then yesterday he appeared in the entry list.

So have had a little interest at 25-1 [five places] with Paddy Power

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 3:35 PM, Striker said:

Only 2nd and though hampered by the winner, that was mainly due to a terrible ride on the Fav by O'Neill:spank

Update on Lordofthehorizon

Was sold privately after this race and is now racing in Spain where he has won over 2 miles!