** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Strikers Horses To Follow

Just now, Wanderlust said:

Hey Striker, What are your thoughts on Forever William at Thirsk. He is in my tracker with your name next to him, so I guess I got it off your list?

Going is Soft and according to Accuweather there are showers during the day. It ran disappointingly on Heavy last year and its breeding does not scream out soft ground performer.

Doh!! Just seen your quote above!.

Maybe a wait and watch day

11 hours ago, Striker said:

Forever William will get a handicap mark after today's race [3.20 Thirsk]

So just a small each way play at 12-1 Bet 365

Though backed into single figures never got involved, though passed the winner on the run out after the line

On 4/23/2021 at 7:34 PM, Striker said:

Strange run showing early pace to lead and then eased by Boudot when headed, though the first two home were isolated on the opposite side of the track

Update

Western Soldier has now left the Graffard stable

On 5/15/2021 at 5:33 AM, Wanderlust said:

I thought he ran a very good race. He is still a big baby both physically and mentally. He didnt know what to do when he was leading. Couple of cracks by Crowley, I think it learnt a lot. The first 2, I think time will tell, are a couple of decent animals. He ran all the way to the line and seems sure to be aimed at middle distance handicaps. I backed it, but only first 2. I consider it money lent rather than lost because I am confident this horse will win races.

A massive horse with the best to come, and understand he will now be gelded 

I am pretty excited about this next "horse to follow"

Party House

Thought this Irish filly ran a lovely race against the two O'Brien colts in a listed race last weekend, and would probably have won if the trip had been a furlong shorter

She is in very good hands with Ger Lyons and will be a big surprise to me if not winning a Group race this summer

On 5/15/2021 at 6:01 AM, Striker said:

Definitely

Think she is a bit of value at 14's for the Gold cup

Search For A Song runs in a Group 1 today, but over 10 furlongs though the ground will bring her stamina into play

But this in reality looks a prep race for Ascot, having said that I would not like the horse to go off unbacked at double figure odds of 11-1 (4 places) with Bet 365

Malawi Mitigated Risk run in the same maiden tomorrow (2.55 Navan)

The O‘Brien horse already been smashed into 4-6 and obviously should win easily. The Weld colt goes up in trip and wears blinkers and will be a each way price around 10-1, so a better run than last time can be expected 

On 5/14/2021 at 7:10 PM, Striker said:

Impressive Win

Looked a lot more mature today,and also further evidence that today's run of Snow was not her true form 

Derab will try and win a French classic tomorrow [3pm]

Big ask but will be a each way price, 12-1 at the moment with 4 places

On 5/15/2021 at 5:14 PM, Striker said:

Though backed into single figures never got involved, though passed the winner on the run out after the line

Forever William runs in a handicap tomorrow at Sandown (4.30) and is up in trip.

Already on each way at 13-2, current odds of 11-2

On 5/31/2021 at 5:40 PM, Striker said:

The Fav had every chance but got nailed on the line, looks a 2 miler

Malawi finished 2nd again yesterday in first time blinkers

Beaten by a well backed newcomer but finished clear of the rest, and as said above needs a step up in trip

On 5/23/2021 at 7:29 PM, Striker said:

5th!

Got a strange ride I thought bringing her solo down the outer, which she seemed to take offence to but hopefully the filly is Ok

Search For A Song is not running in tomorrows Gold cup suggesting that the above race might have taken its toll on her

On 6/2/2021 at 8:42 PM, Striker said:

Update

Duke of Edinburgh handicap on the Friday is the Royal target if Flyin Solo gets in

Did not make the cut and will be a warm favourite to win at Goodwood instead on Friday night, opened up at 13-8

Emporio is 100/1 for the Britannia!!!

Thats way to big a price for a horse who finished 5th in a Group 1 2 runs ago.

Yes it should have won its last race, where it was beaten a head in a maiden, but this horse finished 3l behind Lucky Vega, and 7l or so behind McSwinney and Poetic Flare, off level weights!!

Now its 100/1 in a handicap.

On 6/16/2021 at 7:52 PM, Striker said:

and Ascot it is tomorrow [5.35] for Sir Lamorak

Win bet...currently a general 4-1

2nd!

Ryan Moore got roasted on social media for giving the horse too much to do..but he was giving the winner nearly a stone and would have won for sure but for hanging

Remains a nice prospect, could even be a St Leger horse

6 minutes ago, Striker said:

2nd!

Ryan Moore got roasted on social media for giving the horse too much to do..but he was giving the winner nearly a stone and would have won for sure but for hanging

Remains a nice prospect, could even be a St Leger horse

Is he losing it?

At Royal Ascot this week he’s had 20 rides so far, and ridden 1 winner - that being 11/10 favourite Love. Also worth bearing in mind that of those rides, 7 have been favourites!!

Yes he certainly is a “marmite” Jockey 

Not helped by the fact his main stable run too many good horses in the one race

For me the best rider in this country day to day is William Buick, and in the big races though I am not keen on him personally it is Dettori.

1 hour ago, Striker said:

Yes he certainly is a “marmite” Jockey 

Not helped by the fact his main stable run too many good horses in the one race

For me the best rider in this country day to day is William Buick, and in the big races though I am not keen on him personally it is Dettori.

Agree re Buick mate. Don’t like how Frankie doesn’t seem to ride out a finish once he feels his chance of winning has gone.