** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Strikers Horses To Follow

8 hours ago, Striker said:

2nd!

Ryan Moore got roasted on social media for giving the horse too much to do..but he was giving the winner nearly a stone and would have won for sure but for hanging

Remains a nice prospect, could even be a St Leger horse

My first impression immediately after the race was that Moore gave it an average race.

He was tracking the winner all the way through the race and the race winning move was around 2-3 furlongs out where the winner kicked on and seemed to catch Moore unawares and went bout 3-4 lengths ahead of him.

Sure the hanging didnt help in the final furlong, but Moore let the winner get too far ahead of him. THat was my first impression. I don't do social media and I have not watched the race back, but that was my immediate thoughts

5 hours ago, DanV89 said:

Agree re Buick mate. Don’t like how Frankie doesn’t seem to ride out a finish once he feels his chance of winning has gone. 

A La Lester Piggott. 

Back in the day you did not back Lester EW. Win or nothing.

Frankie could have finished 2nd or 3rd on Stradivarius yesterday, but he was looking after the horse.

The horse wasnt right yesterday. Down at the start Frankie said to Luke Harvey "I hope he wakes up"

Normally he is full of himself, but he was like a lamb down at the start.

On 5/14/2021 at 5:06 PM, Striker said:

Went off at odds on and only 3rd

Bu she never looked happy on this slower ground and ran too free

Sadly Snow Lantern will have soft ground now to deal with at Royal Ascot today in the Group 1

So can only recommend a small each way play, currently 12-1 with four places but can see her odds drifting now

50 minutes ago, Striker said:

Sadly Snow Lantern will have soft ground now to deal with at Royal Ascot today in the Group 1

So can only recommend a small each way play, currently 12-1 with four places but can see her odds drifting now

Her Dam was top notch on fast ground, but just could not handle the soft.

As you rightly said, its looking almost certain to be Soft. I have been watching the weather radar like a hawk, holding off on my bets for as long as I can!! Non stop rain the past 4 hours with more to come

10 hours ago, Striker said:

I thought you were mental to back her on that ground, but what a race she has run there!!!

Hates the ground and all her pedigree points that way too. To come second in that ground is a great effort. A filly to follow for sure and on better ground there are not many that are capable of beating her.

On 5/21/2021 at 7:55 PM, Striker said:

I am pretty excited about this next "horse to follow"

Party House

Thought this Irish filly ran a lovely race against the two O'Brien colts in a listed race last weekend, and would probably have won if the trip had been a furlong shorter

She is in very good hands with Ger Lyons and will be a big surprise to me if not winning a Group race this summer

Declared to run at Naas on Wednesday night

On 6/20/2021 at 8:40 PM, Striker said:

Looks like Navegaon Gate has not been gelded as runs at Newbury Tuesday night going sharply up in trip

Opened up at 9-2 Fav with William Hill

Sp of 13-8 and only 4th

Looked awkward leaving the stalls when slowly away, and never in a good position after that

Plodded on when the race was over, for me the horse is 1.01 to be gelded now as definitely has a bad attitude!  

On 6/21/2021 at 11:21 AM, Striker said:

Declared to run at Naas on Wednesday night

The race [6.30] is a hot looking listed contest, and got to admit was expecting better odds than the current 5-1 but she is a CD winner so a big run looks on the cards

7 hours ago, Striker said:

Sp of 13-8 and only 4th

Looked awkward leaving the stalls when slowly away, and never in a good position after that

Plodded on when the race was over, for me the horse is 1.01 to be gelded now as definitely has a bad attitude!  

I think you might be spot on. For me he did not run green like he has in previous races, but Oisin was working on him a long way out ( not the greatest ride by the way as he kept him on the unfavoured side of the track until the last furlong)

There is a horse in there somewhere, though.

23 hours ago, Striker said:

The race [6.30] is a hot looking listed contest, and got to admit was expecting better odds than the current 5-1 but she is a CD winner so a big run looks on the cards

Unplaced in a strange race where there was lots of trouble in running

She was given a lot to do in the rear but was starting to make a move when nearly falling turning into the straight, and for obvious reasons not given a hard time by the jockey afterwards

On 5/5/2021 at 6:50 PM, Striker said:

Backed down to single figures, and despite being a bit free got on the lead and seemed settled

But she lost her action 2 furlongs out and was eased, so her future is in some doubt now

Well Missile is back tonight at Nottingham [6.45]

Wears cheek pieces for first time, and of interest that her top connections are persevering with her.

Will either win or run awful...so will chance the 7-1 with Bet 365 

38 minutes ago, Striker said:

Wears cheek pieces for first time, and of interest that her top connections are persevering with her.

alright striker its 6.45 leicester cheers lee will have a go gl

On 4/27/2021 at 11:19 AM, Striker said:

Though a beaten Fav, a decent run in 2nd and will get the job done when stepped up in trip

Lady Rockstar though been off a while is stepped up in trip tomorrow [4.00 Doncaster]

Has a odds on Fav to beat, currently trading at 3-1

7 hours ago, Striker said:

At last a much improved run just failing to get up, beaten a head by the hot pot

Would have won but she hung left handed under pressure

22 hours ago, Striker said:

Lady Rockstar though been off a while is stepped up in trip tomorrow [4.00 Doncaster]

Has a odds on Fav to beat, currently trading at 3-1

Finished 3rd behind the favourite

Tried to make all but folded tamely when headed probably down to needing the run I would say 

On 6/22/2021 at 8:54 PM, Striker said:

Sp of 13-8 and only 4th

Navegaon Gate has been gelded!

On 6/10/2021 at 9:05 PM, Striker said:

Went off 2nd favourite but unplaced 

Derab takes a drop in class tomorrow at Newmarket [4.10]

The Gosden 3 year olds are not that good this season but he would be the best of them, currently 11-2

On 6/11/2021 at 8:08 PM, Striker said:

a non runner meant 7 places, and he obviously finished 3rd!

Looked like the horse did not handle the track but was staying on well, and his day will come

that day for Forever William could be tomorrow night!  [8.20 Newbury]

Competitive handicap but up to 5 places available, best odds at the moment of 7-1

14 hours ago, Striker said:

Derab takes a drop in class tomorrow at Newmarket [4.10]

The Gosden 3 year olds are not that good this season but he would be the best of them, currently 11-2

Non Runner (not eaten up)

On 7/7/2021 at 6:26 PM, Striker said:

that day for Forever William could be tomorrow night!  [8.20 Newbury]

Competitive handicap but up to 5 places available, best odds at the moment of 7-1

Got the place return in 2nd

Long way back entering the straight but stayed on and had enough time to get by the winner but a decent run

On 6/18/2021 at 6:52 PM, Striker said:

Great run to finish 2nd @ 14-1

Though a bit keen early she was not free as last time despite not getting cover

Had her route through blocked inside the final furlong also, but as I said earlier think the horse will be suited by another furlong at least

Snow Lantern has a good chance to win her Group 1 tomorrow at Newmarket

Would be more confident if she was up in trip, currently 4-1

On 6/12/2021 at 6:14 AM, Striker said:

Malawi finished 2nd again yesterday in first time blinkers

Beaten by a well backed newcomer but finished clear of the rest, and as said above needs a step up in trip

..and tomorrow at Dundalk [4.30] Malawi comes back in trip!

6-4 in the opening show