** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Exporting Daily Ratings into Excel

The Maximiser

Hi there

Just started using the ratings in anger and developing a strategy.

Any chance this could be coded to export into excel better as at the moment when I paste in it puts all the data in one column rather than reflecting the layoutas per the web page?

Thanks for the ratings though i have already had some huge wins using them

3 hours ago, The Maximiser said:

Hi there

Just started using the ratings in anger and developing a strategy.

Any chance this could be coded to export into excel better as at the moment when I paste in it puts all the data in one column rather than reflecting the layoutas per the web page?

Thanks for the ratings though i have already had some huge wins using them

@The Maximiser Glad you've been hitting the bookies with the ratings. :ok We'll put it on the list, but I'll be honest there's some pretty big things ahead of it in the development queue. :ok 

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Exporting Daily Ratings into Excel
  • 3 months later...

Hey, @The Maximiser, @Ratso, do you want to export daily ELO ratings or ratings for individual leagues?

If it is daily ratings, I can offer help untill your request is resolved. Indeed, data can be copied only into single column, even when using web query within Excel, so I created a small workbook that parses data into a proper table. You can download it from here: https://rvasi.me/files/Punters-Lounge-parse-ELO-ratings.xlsx

Instructions are inside, and please note again, it works only for daily ratings, not for individual leagues, they appeared to be too stubborn... ?

Thanks for feedback! Yes, it is possible, but what is criteria for a selection? I have updated the spreadsheet, available in the same link above; it now has two additional columns, for last 4 and last 2 matches. You enter desired value, i.e., range of ELO ratings in sheet "Settings", and if difference in ratings fits into those values, it suggests home, draw or away team.

Is that what you had in your mind?

• 2 weeks later...

@froment HI there! Sorry only just seen this, dropped footie betting with strange results happening at the seasons end, but obviously with the summer leagues now up and running and in form, will need to have a look at this again. 

Too much time on the golf course!, except this week :-]

Cheers

NickP / TheMaximiser

Edited by NickP

• 2 months later...

Ok I know it is easy to post past results and claim success, but with a few weeks into the season, and many thanks again to @froment for the ease of capturing selections, I am having rather good success on the home win front.

09-Aug-19 Romania Liga 1 Politehnica Iași Home Win 2.60 2 0 W
10-Aug-19 Brazil Serie A Flamengo Home Win 1.50 3 1 W
10-Aug-19 Czech Republic 1 Liga Baník Ostrava Home Win 1.70 4 2 W
11-Aug-19 Czech Republic 1 Liga Jablonec Home Win 1.36 2 1 W
11-Aug-19 Czech Republic 1 Liga Viktoria Plzeň Home Win 1.36 0 2 L
12-Aug-19 USA Major League Soccer LAFC Home Win 1.33 4 2 W
17-Aug-19 Slovakia Fortuna Liga Žilina Home Win 1.28 3 0 W
24-Aug-19 Bulgaria Parva Liga Botev Plovdiv Home Win 1.33 2 1 W
24-Aug-19 Czech Republic 1 Liga Slavia Praha Home Win 1.20 4 0 W
24-Aug-19 English League One Wycombe Wanderers Home Win 1.90 4 3 W
25-Aug-19 Brazil Serie A Santos Home Win 1.30 3 3 L
25-Aug-19 Danish Superliga Copenhagen Home Win 1.60 3 1 W
25-Aug-19 English Championship Swansea City Home Win 1.85 3 0 W
25-Aug-19 Russia Premier League Arsenal Tula Home Win 2.05 2 1 W
31-Aug-19 Brazil Serie B Bragantino Home Win 1.25 2 1 W
31-Aug-19 English League One Gillingham Home Win 1.20 5 0 W
31-Aug-19 Russia Premier League Lokomotiv Moscow Home Win 1.66 1 2 L
01-Sep-19 Belgium Jupiler League Gent Home Win 1.28 3 2 W
01-Sep-19 USA Major League Soccer FC Dallas Home Win 1.36 3 1 W
01-Sep-19 USA Major League Soccer San Jose Earthquakes Home Win 1.40 3 0

W

My profit is £67.80 (EDITED - My spreadsheet was talking parp) to £10 stakes, and staking is doubled where the odds are less than 1.40

Obviously we go into a quieter spell with the international break, but given the above, I will continue to paper trade, and attempt to advise beforehand to track progress.

Edited by NickP

For this weekend

14-Sep-19  Czech Republic 1 Liga  Mladá Boleslav - 1.40 - £20

14-Sep-19  Czech Republic 1 Liga  Slavia Praha - 1.25 - £20

14-Sep-19  English League One  Rotherham United - 1.57 - £20

14-Sep-19  English Premier League  Liverpool - 1.14 - £40

14-Sep-19  Netherlands Eredivisie  Utrecht - 1.28 - £40

14-Sep-19  Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen - 1.55 - £20

On 9/12/2019 at 10:28 PM, NickP said:

For this weekend

14-Sep-19  Czech Republic 1 Liga  Mladá Boleslav - 1.40 - £20

14-Sep-19  Czech Republic 1 Liga  Slavia Praha - 1.25 - £20

14-Sep-19  English League One  Rotherham United - 1.57 - £20

14-Sep-19  English Premier League  Liverpool - 1.14 - £40

14-Sep-19  Netherlands Eredivisie  Utrecht - 1.28 - £40

14-Sep-19  Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen - 1.55 - £20

Mlada Boleslav WON 6-0 +£8

Slavia Praha WON 3-0 +£5

Rotherham WON 6-1 +£11.40

Liverpool WON 3-1 +£5.60

Utrecht WON 3-1 +£11.20

Aberdeen DREW 1-1 -£20

Profit on the Day £21.20

Bank +£64.00

On 5/28/2019 at 8:38 PM, froment said:

Hey, @The Maximiser, @Ratso, do you want to export daily ELO ratings or ratings for individual leagues?

If it is daily ratings, I can offer help untill your request is resolved. Indeed, data can be copied only into single column, even when using web query within Excel, so I created a small workbook that parses data into a proper table. You can download it from here: https://rvasi.me/files/Punters-Lounge-parse-ELO-ratings.xlsx

Instructions are inside, and please note again, it works only for daily ratings, not for individual leagues, they appeared to be too stubborn... ?

Hi Froment,

Your workbook is a great tool - unfortunately, it doesn't work for me although I have followed your instructions in respect of copying data into excel.

I work with a German version of Excel 2010. Below you find a screenshot from the input page after copying in the ELO ratings for 29th September 2019.

Column C shows that there is a problem with the data. I have tried to change the format of the respective A lines, e.g. A23, A27 - but without success.

Do have any idea what the problems is?

719853954_Punters-Lounge-parse-ELO-ratings_inputpage.thumb.GIF.786e400a4d360f969bfc70545937d469.GIF

Edited by rootsrunner

On 9/29/2019 at 11:15 AM, rootsrunner said:

Hi Froment,

Your workbook is a great tool - unfortunately, it doesn't work for me although I have followed your instructions in respect of copying data into excel.

I work with a German version of Excel 2010. Below you find a screenshot from the input page after copying in the ELO ratings for 29th September 2019.

Column C shows that there is a problem with the data. I have tried to change the format of the respective A lines, e.g. A23, A27 - but without success.

Hi, rootsrunner; sory for delayed answer, I'm not visiting forum regulary.

Column C in your screenshot is not wrong, it should contain True/False statements, to decide which cell in column A contains the date, which is beginning of new row, and in column G you can see it identified rows properly - new rows of ELO ratings at PuntersLounge start in Excel rows 11, 20, 29 and 38 - the ones that contain date "29 Sep".

Now, why rows 23 and 27 contain this input "Mai 50" and "Jan 67", I have no clue; it might be some regional settings in your Excel, or it might be that rating at PL was some specific value that Excel recognized as number; or it might be something else, I don't know; I cannot replicate it as ratings for 29 September are not available any longer. Hence, I'm afraid I cannot determine what is the issue in your screenshot, cannot help you, sorry.

Below are screenshots of ratings for 5. October from PL and from this Excel - as you can see, it works for me.

elo-ratings-1.png

elo-ratings-2.png

On 9/29/2019 at 11:15 AM, rootsrunner said:

Hi Froment,

Hi

I also have Excel with different language and sometimes there are cells showing date instead of a number in "input" sheet. But if you go to "ELO ratings" sheet you should notice that almost everything is fine. Sometimes I have to correct manually a few cells (but not because of a date, too big number). Make sure that Excel uses "." as separator instead of "," (File -> Options -> Advanced)

Edited by Pawkoo

image.thumb.png.3b7728bc15e92ae9fb6fac0cc56df36e.pngimage.thumb.png.3b7728bc15e92ae9fb6fac0cc56df36e.png

On 10/3/2019 at 8:48 PM, froment said:

Hi, rootsrunner; sory for delayed answer, I'm not visiting forum regulary.

Column C in your screenshot is not wrong, it should contain True/False statements, to decide which cell in column A contains the date, which is beginning of new row, and in column G you can see it identified rows properly - new rows of ELO ratings at PuntersLounge start in Excel rows 11, 20, 29 and 38 - the ones that contain date "29 Sep".

Now, why rows 23 and 27 contain this input "Mai 50" and "Jan 67", I have no clue; it might be some regional settings in your Excel, or it might be that rating at PL was some specific value that Excel recognized as number; or it might be something else, I don't know; I cannot replicate it as ratings for 29 September are not available any longer. Hence, I'm afraid I cannot determine what is the issue in your screenshot, cannot help you, sorry.

Below are screenshots of ratings for 5. October from PL and from this Excel - as you can see, it works for me.

elo-ratings-1.png

elo-ratings-2.png

Hi froment and Pawkoo,

I have copied ELO Ratings for 5th October today and copied into the "input" map as described in the instructions. Before I have done that I have changed the separator from "," to ".". Anyway, some number are shown as "Apr50", "Nov50", "Jul75" and so on. Furthermore, even for matches with correct AVG numbers in all rows the "ELO ratings" sheet shows no bet selection at all.

It`s a pity I cannot use this wonderful tool... ?

Anyway, many thanks for your help!!!

Greetings, rootsrunner

image.png

Edited by rootsrunner

@rootsrunner I have checked again, and it works for me again. But then, I uploaded file to OneDrive, and I got similar issue as you did - some weird dates in column A. So I would say this is definitely something about cells formatting, something makes your Excel and Excel at OneDrive to recognize wrong date; I don't know what, I don't use Excel at Onedrive, so I cannot bother to investigate it now.

Though, when I formatted entire column A as number, it worked again, with exception that actual date is wrong - it recognizes "6. October 2019" as "19. October"; it doesn't affect rendering of ELO ratings, so I would say it does the job - just don't pay attention to the date in cell B2.

So, try to format column A in your Excel as number (Home tab - Number - Format Cells), and then copy/paste ratings again, to see if it works.

Alternativelly, you can try this online version:

https://vuko.me/link/Punters-Lounge-ELO-ratings

Click "Edit in browser" button if you want to try it for another date; but I don't know what will happen if several people try to edit it at the same time.

48 minutes ago, froment said:

@rootsrunner I have checked again, and it works for me again. But then, I uploaded file to OneDrive, and I got similar issue as you did - some weird dates in column A. So I would say this is definitely something about cells formatting, something makes your Excel and Excel at OneDrive to recognize wrong date; I don't know what, I don't use Excel at Onedrive, so I cannot bother to investigate it now.

Though, when I formatted entire column A as number, it worked again, with exception that actual date is wrong - it recognizes "6. October 2019" as "19. October"; it doesn't affect rendering of ELO ratings, so I would say it does the job - just don't pay attention to the date in cell B2.

So, try to format column A in your Excel as number (Home tab - Number - Format Cells), and then copy/paste ratings again, to see if it works.

Alternativelly, you can try this online version:

https://vuko.me/link/Punters-Lounge-ELO-ratings

Click "Edit in browser" button if you want to try it for another date; but I don't know what will happen if several people try to edit it at the same time.

@froment - it works now!

I have tried the online version, without any problems. Great!!!

MANY THANKS!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi, just found this. I think the issue with other ELO tables being stubborn is the different dates so I have changed some formulas in the input sheet

Change F2 to this and then copy down: =COUNTIFS($A$2:A2,">="&$B$1,$A$2:A2,"<"&$B$2+50000)

Change G3 to this and copy down: =IF(AND((A3>($B$1-1)),(A3<($B$1+50000))),"Start","")

This means that instead of just matching with the date in B1 it looks 50000 units (not sure what they are but it works) ahead.

Works for me - needs testing though. You could now add a date column in the ELO ratings sheet :)

In the example below the bottom two games are on different dates to the rest. It is broken though - says Man United will win :)

Edit: Change B2 to this and copy down: =IF(AND((A2>($B$1-1)),(A2<($B$1+50000))),1,0)

You can now paste data from multiple ELO tables!

image.thumb.png.c38893827d4073c46496d92b39cb5fed.png

Edited again - Added date column in ratings sheet. Hard to explain (if you know arrays, you know!) so will find a way to upload file (with massive thanks to Froment)

image.png.26d2f5c34f388dda3e318bcc33f83ba0.png

Edited by MaverickRat
Revised fornula