** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Non-League Predictions > August 6th - 7th

Darran

It was a solid start to the new season with 3 winning bets out of the 5. As always there were some really interesting results across the 3 leagues and I am pretty sure very few people would have said that Barrow, Gateshead and Halifax would have been the top 3 in the National League at the end of day 1. I have 6 bets for the mid-week action with 1 on Monday and the others on Tuesday.

Barnet v Braintree

The National League fixture list on Tuesday night looks really tough from a punting point of view and I don't think it is worth getting involved bar this game. I was tempted by Solihull again given Maidenhead were disappointing in their opening game, but Solihull sounded like they were a bit lucky to win on Saturday and the price is only slight value. Onto this game and Barnet did everything but score against Aldershot on Saturday. They managed 8 shots off target and had 9 on target whilst getting 11 corners. Not surprisingly the Aldershot keeper Jake Coles was man of the match. Another keeper who was man of the match was Braintree's. They lost 2-0 to Halifax but Ben Killip kept it 2 when it really should have been more. I know it is dangerous to make assumptions based on one game, but it is fair to say that my pre-season thoughts that Braintree look a weak team for this level were backed up. Given I think Barnet will go close to winning the league they will surely be capable of beating the keeper on Tuesday night. I think they can cover the -1 handicap and 888's 9/5 about them doing so makes plenty of appeal.

Eastbourne v Welling

I think the home side will struggle this season. Regular readers will know I opposed them a fair bit last time around and it proved quite profitable. They look like they might have a weaker team this time around and a goalless draw against Oxford City, another team who look set to struggle, is hardly great. Welling got their season off to a great start beating Dulwich 2-0. It was very hot in London on Saturday and so that didn't help the entertainment value of the game, but it was a decent effort nonetheless. Steve King has got a strong looking squad and I think they should be more than capable of beating Eastbourne. Marathon go 161/100 and it looks a solid bet.

Hampton & Richmond v Hemel Hempsted

I really couldn't understand the logic in the Racing Post tipping up Hampton to win the title. They seemed to think that McCann getting a load of Hendon players in will help them, but that is a flawed logic for me given they couldn't win promotion from the league below. Only one player who played in the play-off final against Braintree started against Slough on Saturday and I think it showed in the performance. Granted they got a draw, but Slough deserved a victory and I struggle to see how Hampton can reach the play-offs this season. Hemel got their season off to the perfect start in beating Chippenham 4-2. They look set to go well again and I certianly think they can finish above their hosts on Tuesday night. 17/10 with Boylesports looks a good price to me.

Curzon Ashton v Chester

The home side got off to a winning start on Saturday when beating Darlington which was a decent effort although they were gifted their equaliser thanks to the Darlington keeper. I think this game will be tougher and Chester look a big price. They drew 0-0 on Saturday against Spennymoor, but the reports suggest it was a really good game between two decent sides. If Chester can take that performance into this game on Monday night then I think the 11/5 with Betfred will look a very big price.

Brackley v Alfreton

So I dodged a bullet by missing the price on Alfreton on Saturday as they drew 3-3 against Kidderminster in a game they were 2-1 up at half time, but then had to come from 3-2 down. Attacking wise they clearly don't have an issue although the defence didn't look strong especially in that 2nd half where they conceded twice. Even so a point against Kiddie isn't a bad result by any means and I think at over 3/1 they are over priced again here. Brackley got their season off with a defeat at Bradford Park Avenue and they didn't really get going until it was too late in that match. I just wonder if they can go as well as they did last season and although this is a tricky fixture for Alfreton if they can certainly trouble Brackley and the price is too big.

Nuneaton v Hereford

I make Hereford the best bet of the mid-week fixtures. They put in a superb performance on Saturday to beat Blyth 3-0 and they dominated the game throughout. They should be capable of challenging for promotion again this season and I think they can make it back to back victories here. Nuneaton could only draw 0-0 at Ashton on the opening day and this match will be much tougher. I can't really work out why Nuneaton are even favourites for this and the 9/4 about an away win with BetVictor looks a huge price.

Barnet -1 1pt @ 9/5 with 888

Welling 1pt @ 161/100 with Marathon

Hemel Hempsted 1pt @ 17/10 with Boylesports

Chester 1pt @ 11/5 with Betfred

Alfreton 1pt @ 31/10 with BetVictor

Hereford 2pts @ 9/4 with BetVictor

Hello, can you help me, I ask myself the question for example Hereford 2pts, what does it mean?
Hereford + 2 I guess?

Sorry to make you stupid but I can not understand your language and the English 9/4 odds

Thank you for you reply

thank you very much for your answer, it is a system of 1 to 5 which corresponds to a confidence index, it is interesting. I thought 9/4 is 2.25 because when you divide 9 by 4 it's not 3.25

Edited by chris50

ENGLAND NATIONAL LEAGUE – INJURIES & SUSPENSIONS

Hartlepool Utd v Harrogate Town

Hartlepool Utd: Paddy McLaughlin (0/0 d, probably in)

Harrogate Town: Mark Beck (0/0 f), Jordan Thewlis (0/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Right...quick pick here. Due to unforseen circumstances I couldn't get to Dover at the weekend so took in Maidenhead v Gateshead. Gateshead looked tidy enough but no world beaters but I post here to oppose Maidenhead, who were dire! I know you cannot judge just on one game but any display like Saturday, with a shaky defence and powderpuff attack, sees Solihull Moors a solid bet for me.