ATR loses Irish Racing from 2019

I suppose most of you know this by now:

https://www.racingpost.com/news/news/at-the-races-loses-rights-to-broadcast-irish-racing-as-racing-uk-steps-in/318036

It doesn't leave much else but the ARC tracks and a few of the small jump tracks.

[Yesterday's Leopardstown meeting was excellent.]

I hope we don't get lots of European racing and Meydan

Im wondering how Racing UK will cope on some days, i mean looks at yesterday with Sandown, Musselburgh, Wetherby and now Leopardstown!!

I'm of the opposite view and hope we don't get a load of foreign racing instead, its just very samey samey, slow pace sprint from 2f out, bunch finish, impossible to predict.

Its £300 a year for Racing UK or you can watch the replays one race behind (30 min delay)

ATR is in with a package you pay for on Sky/Virgin but you can watch the replays for free.

I'm leaning on Racing UK to be honest.

I do subscribe to RUK but I'm not really happy about this .......... too many races on any given day is very annoying ...... eg on Boxing Day when they missed the first half mile of the King George because they were showing some minor race from out in the sticks and waited for it to finish before going to Kempton

I can only see that they'll need two channels or to put some meetings behind the red button. 

I imagine the race tracks wouldn't be happy with that because no one will watch a minor meeting on channel 2 if they have 2 grade one meetings on the main channel

If the BHA could organise the fixtures to spread them through the week and avoid clashes with the big Irish days that would be OK ...... but they can't. We have the paradox at the moment where RUK has 4 or 5 meetings on a Saturday and some days during the week with no meetings at all

And when they do have 4 meetings on one day all they ever talk about is the off times and the possibility of clashes so they don't even cover the racing properly

As for ATR they'll still have most of the all weather racing with their fixtures pretty much every day and growing. I'm not fussed about the foreign racing expect for the really big meetings in France which they could show in full. I suppose they have Meydan and the Dubai Festival. I think they do a much better job than RUK with programming around the racing ........the Sunday Forum, the phone ins, the lunchtime feature programmes. I enjoy those kind of shows and I like the studio based coverage, eg when they haven't got much racing and just have Sean and someone from Timeform in the studio chewing the cud. Hopefully if they don't have as much racing they'll continue and just have more of the racing chat and featutres which is the best thing they do anyway !

11 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

Apparently ATR is about to become Sky Sports Racing if you believe the rumours. It's all a bit of a mess really. :unsure 

I suppose they wont put their money where their mouth is like Premier Football. C'mon put millions into racing. Prefer to see something like Altior get 500,000 than Sanchez.