Racing Chat - Tuesday Dec 19th

240 Fakenham

Mortens Leam 4/5 Coral

Sometimes you just have to give in when trying to find a winner at a fair price, I just dont really fancy much at any of the three tracks on Tuesday, if pushed I could see a Gnaad returning to form at Southwell but it looks a tad tricky and I dont like betting at Southwell.
Pam Sly has a good record at Fakenham and she sends the promising Mortens Leam who was second at Wetherby last month, the 5yo already looks as though he will be a better chaser than a hurdler and has found a weak contest here, he's around 4/5 but it's still value in my eyes, the price should hold up due another Olly Murphy / Richard Johnson runner.

17 hours ago, BillyHills said:

240 Fakenham

Mortens Leam 4/5 Coral

Sometimes you just have to give in when trying to find a winner at a fair price, I just dont really fancy much at any of the three tracks on Tuesday, if pushed I could see a Gnaad returning to form at Southwell but it looks a tad tricky and I dont like betting at Southwell.
Pam Sly has a good record at Fakenham and she sends the promising Mortens Leam who was second at Wetherby last month, the 5yo already looks as though he will be a better chaser than a hurdler and has found a weak contest here, he's around 4/5 but it's still value in my eyes, the price should hold up due another Olly Murphy / Richard Johnson runner.

If you don’t wAnt to play odds on Paddy Power are doing a mix n match 4/1 double with 2.30 Southwell Every Chance. Problem is that this race is tricky with the form horse Brigadon and the well backed Throckley as worthy oponents. Oh well if you only want a value small bet!

Southwell is usually a hard place to find winners ( and I always bet small here ) so I'm looking at outside possibilities.

1.00     Captain Revelation        Needs to get back on form to win but worth a small punt @ 16/1 - 18/1

2.00     Handsome Dude            No form on this surface so a definite gamble @ 8/1

3.00     Unnoticed                       Hasn't won for 3 years but should at least place  @ 7/1

Apologies for the short notice but Optimickstickhill looks on a good mark in the nursery at Southwell (12.30). Ran off a mark of 57 on handicap debut and has been left on that mark today. Was only beaten 3/4 of a length in total and the horses that finished in the first 3 are rated 67, 66 & 64 so this mark of 57 looks lenient. Worth a bit of a dabble i'd say at 6/1.