** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

MLS Play-Offs Predictions > Oct 25th - 27th

StevieDay1983

mlsplayoffs.jpg

Here are the odds for the first batch of MLS play-off matches. The so-called wild card games are up first. The winners of these ties will join New York City, Toronto FC, Seattle Sounders, and Portland Timbers in the Conference Semi-Finals that are scheduled to take place over two legs next week and the week after.

I'll post up the ratings when they become available. :ok

@betcatalog@vasilli07, @Tiffy, @jamiedavies02, @Setup, @dylanphan, @Cumbie, @Marc Kearney, @harry_rag, and @ggm31v.

Vancouver is definitely worth a bet at -125 or so.  SJ is terrible and on the road this season boasted a lofty 11 goals for vs 39 goals against.   Anything can happen in knock out round for sure, but this one seems to be a banker

I also do like Houston against SKC a bit too at +122, just a few things to keep in mind here.  This will be the third time these two teams have met in the past 2 weeks.  The first match was at Houston and it really was a must win for Houston.  They did, but on a late own goal against in what was a very even match.  BUT, this game came just after the international break and both teams were missing a number of key players.  The next game was at KC and Houston really only needed a point to secure a playoff spot.  They were vastly outplayed here, but this was expected as they were happy to end with a 0-0 game.  So, this may lead you to go with a well coached, very well formed defensive away team.  But, Houston enjoys playing at home where they had the best conference home record (just 1 loss in 17 games) and a robust 43-17 goal differential.  This will also be the first playoff game for Houston since 2013 so I expect a strong performance and a home win.

In the east I expect goals galore in Atlanta.  so that is an easy over play.

Chicago and NYRB is really a toss up in my eyes.  I'd probably take the higher odds with the road side and maybe a touch on the draw if you want to play this one.

Bringing my "back of a stamp's worth" of MLS knowledge to bear on this morning's games (UK time) I've had a few bets for interest while I sleep.

Chicago v NY Red Bulls: Nikolic anytime at 6/4 with Betway and to score/home win at 10/3 with Hills. The former a system pick, the latter a generous looking enhanced offering.

Vancouver v San Jose: Qazaishvili anytime at 15/4 and buy his goal minutes at 12, both with SX. Hopefully starts, latter bet void if he doesn't. 8/5 Montero could have been a system pick for me but no play without confirmed line ups given he's been carrying an injury that saw him start on the bench last time out.

For fun, singles and doubles on Nikolic and Montero 1st goalscorers at 4/1 and 9/2 with Hills and Chicago and Vancouver both to win/all 4 teams to score at 15/1 with Hills.

Houston v Sporting u2.5 goals

Two teams of different football style. Houston is a attacking prowess at home, scoring the most in the league while Sporting is a defensive jugglenut and also don't score too many on the road. They only managed 10 goals in 17 road games. Their coach Peter Vermes knows that his team can't match Houston scoring and will try to keep things tight. Adding that this is the third time that they are playing one another in two weeks, they should more or less be familiar and thus cancel each other out in a low scoring game.

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to MLS Play-Offs Predictions > Oct 25th - 27th