Monthly naps--Saturday 3rd june

305 Donny:

Double Spin NAP 2/1 Bet365
Robert Cowell does well with his sprinters and this 3yo showed the first signs of form last time out at Newcastle. She was a decent second behind Mabbs Cross and that form stands up well in this event. Paper favourite Fortitude is the obvious danger after a promising 4th on debut.

4:30 Epsom Eminent win 7/1 bet365

Hoping to get off the mark with this son of the mighty Frankel. I thought he ran a cracker in the 2000G's where he had a little trouble in running at the 1-2 f pole and ran on again in the latter stages when daylight appeared. I believe the longer trip will bring out the best in this long striding individual and given a more positive ride I think he will be very hard to beat. 

Epsom 15:45 Orvar @ 25/1 Ladbrokes e/w thanks

Orvar.....from Robert Cowell yard now, the 4yo has been successful at 5f and 6f on good to firm and good ground for the Hannon yard as he was transferred in October last year and Cowell yard gave him two runs which were poor before yard put him away for winner break ,

The yard brought out again after 7 months working on him through the winter and spring last month at Lingfield 5f GS a downhill track like Epsom were he got a taster to checkout how he handles the downhill running , Although not winning for his 3rd run for Cowell yard he got a good workout to finish 2nd beaten 1.25 lengths by Edward Lewis who was hit with 4lb rise so I can see a reversal of placing as he'll have to come on for run.

Jockey Liam Jones is in saddle for today for the first time worth a e/w chance at big odds 

1.55  Doncaster

IVANHOE @ 9/1 Bet365

Was beaten only 2 1/2L in this race last year off the same mark but that was on fast ground and he's much better with give underfoot like today. Last win came off only 1lb lower and has numerous good efforts at marks in the high 60's. Only the third time trainer has sent a runner to Donny.