** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

MLS > Apr 15th & 16th

StevieDay1983

mlsratings.jpg.87e2e34849964ceeb8f6ad987

Some great comments last weekend from @Setup, @vasilli07, and @Icongene. Very keen to hear your thoughts right now for these games. Also interested to hear from others such as @gogetta, @Xcout, @clubgowi, and @zemo91.

It's tough to find our feet at the moment with Toronto, Dallas, and Sporting Kansas the only teams remaining unbeaten after only five rounds of action so far. It seems the goals market and corners market (*cough cough* @Tiffy) could be where the sensible betting goes.

15 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

mlsratings.jpg.87e2e34849964ceeb8f6ad987

Some great comments last weekend from @Setup, @vasilli07, and @Icongene. Very keen to hear your thoughts right now for these games. Also interested to hear from others such as @gogetta, @Xcout, @clubgowi, and @zemo91.

It's tough to find our feet at the moment with Toronto, Dallas, and Sporting Kansas the only teams remaining unbeaten after only five rounds of action so far. It seems the goals market and corners market (*cough cough* @Tiffy) could be where the sensible betting goes.

Did somebody mention CORNERS! Looks like you'll be needing an expert on that particular market then.

I'll see if I can go and find one...............

41 minutes ago, Tiffy said:

Did somebody mention CORNERS! Looks like you'll be needing an expert on that particular market then.

I'll see if I can go and find one...............

:lol Lovely stuff! I've heard the Americans bloody love a corner! You know what they are like with their stats!

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Get those up here asap please mate! The urge is too strong to resist! @Tiffy, we've struck gold here son!

Blimey, it's all going on without me! Yes @Icongene let's get some stats up. I should have time to research tomorrow am, but am stuck at work at the moment!

6 hours ago, Tiffy said:

Blimey, it's all going on without me! Yes @Icongene let's get some stats up. I should have time to research tomorrow am, but am stuck at work at the moment!

They're a wee bit out of date (2 fixtures) but I'll do some digging and try and post some tomorrow. Maybe we can get some corner pooling going in the MLS. 

13 hours ago, Icongene said:

They're a wee bit out of date (2 fixtures) but I'll do some digging and try and post some tomorrow. Maybe we can get some corner pooling going in the MLS. 

Yes,  good idea, MLS may be more reliable than EFL

19 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

Pretty sure I can automate corner ratings from the ratings too. Just finishing off a couple of things with developers at the moment, then I'll get on that. :ok 

Bloody hell, this is out of control now! Taking corner betting to the next level. Remember the date!

On a serious note, I am very keen to see what the corner stats are for each league to see if there are trends across the leagues.

Ok, so currently in the MLS these are the standouts re-corners.

RSL are out at top in corner counts (by a distance) having racked up 44 so far in 6 (7.3 AVG) 

NY Red Bulls are 2nd on 34 in 6 (5.6 AVG)

LA Galaxy are 3rd though they've played one less, they have 33 after 5 (6.6)

There's then a bit of a gap between the next block of teams (5 corners on the count) and most teams have a game in hand over RSL and NY so that should be considered.

At the bottom end;

Colorado only have a measly 13 corners in 4 games (AVG 3.2)

2nd from bottom on the count and possible soon to be bottom, Montreal sat on 14 from 5 (AVG 2.8)

3rd on the bottom end count is Orlando, 17 from 4 games (AVG 4.25)

Looking at the fixtures, RSL are (a) at Colorado so it could be the perfect match up to take a corner handicap on the (a) team. LA Galaxy are also up against Orlando this weekend so the if corners stay true to form there's two easy winners there.

And finally, as if it couldn't get any better, the RBs are at (h) to DC United who although are not as low as some on the corner count still have only averaged of 4.0 so far this season.

I haven't looked at odds yet but there's a start.

Edited by Icongene

NYC DNB @ 2.36(marathonbet)

Philly is a complete dumpster fire. They are winless in their last 13 games, a streak which was extended from last season. Coach Jim Curtin has look clueless so far and probably thanking his lucky stars that he still has a job now because of Philly good start last season. According to his match press conference, he is going with the same tactic and probably also the same personal and just hope for footballing gods to have some mercy on them. Even with this 3 home games stretch, I won't be surprised to see them getting 0 points.

Well, having looked at some odds it would seem there's lots of potential.

The sides with the pathetic corner AVG seem to be odds on, I'm assuming as they have home advantage. As it's relatively early in the season and corners have yet to settle out over time I'll take two slightly more conservative bets but ones that look, to me, like winners

LA Galaxy +1 v Orlando @1.8 - LOSS (h) 6 (a) 5 - 91st minute winner from a corner bust it.

Real Salt Lake +1 v Colorado @2.37 - LOSS (h) 6 (a) 4 

Looks like the bookies had them priced correctly. Maybe I'll have a look at taking the same teams but at (h) on handicaps.

Edited by Icongene