** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Weekend > Mar 4th & 5th

seriearatings.jpg.0b44464f07b19dfadaf610

After some midweek Coppa Italia action we are back to league action. Let's see what you all think this weekend.

@DrBetter, you couldn't see how Juventus could lose and you were right. A strong 3-1 win for them. What do you think this weekend in Serie A?

@KikoCy, Roma royally ruined your bets. What do you think here?

@vasilli07, you did warn people about backing Roma... because of their game with Napoli this weekend. Any thoughts on that game?

@Punki85, you predicted Lazio would score... but not to win? Damn them! What do you reckon this weekend?

@Icongene, you sensed the Roma loss was potentially coming. Do you have any bets lined up this week?

@betcatalog, always keen to hear your BTTS or over 2.5 goals scored tips.

@Notorious, you dipped your feet in the Serie A water last weekend. Are you tempted to go with anything this weekend?

@WinningAdvice, @sajtion, @chris666, and @Bronxie, will you guys be placing any bets on the Italian football this weekend?

Atalanta to beat Fiorentina at 1.91 looks good to me. The home team are really on a run of great form and their performances imo have been getting more and more accomplished. Fresh off a 2-1 win in Naples having played the last 30 with 10 men. CM Kessie was sent off and will miss this one though and he is a HUGE player for the team.

I still think they'll cope as Fiorentina's defence seems intent on chucking away 2 goal leads and their mentality must have taken a hit after Gladbach followed by Torino. Atalanta are fresher and a better team.

I also think Roma will be determined to bounce back after the cup- although I believe their heart as always on Serie A and Europa League- loss to Lazio. Will have to have a further look.

Edited by Icongene

16 hours ago, Icongene said:

Atalanta to beat Fiorentina at 1.91 looks good to me. The home team are really on a run of great form and their performances imo have been getting more and more accomplished. Fresh off a 2-1 win in Naples having played the last 30 with 10 men. CM Kessie was sent off and will miss this one though and he is a HUGE player for the team.

I still think they'll cope as Fiorentina's defence seems intent on chucking away 2 goal leads and their mentality must have taken a hit after Gladbach followed by Torino. Atalanta are fresher and a better team.

I also think Roma will be determined to bounce back after the cup- although I believe their heart as always on Serie A and Europa League- loss to Lazio. Will have to have a further look.

Yes, I've been a big fan of Atalanta recently. My only worry is that their good performances will stop soon. I think the odds make this a bet worth taking though. As you say, Fiorentina's morale has taken a battering lately. At this stage in the season it's tough to not let the rot sink in when that happens.

I was worried earlier in the season that they might tail off, other than key injuries I will put my neck on the line and say they will finish in 4th place. They are simply a better team than the chasing pack, Fiorentina/Milan/Lazio.

Im still quite worried about Kessies' ban as he is a big presence in the middle and offers great defensive protection but can also carry the ball forward and play clever passes. I'm going to wait before making a decision but if the odds fall below 1.9 I won't  be taking them personally.

AC Milan v Chievo Verona
AC Milan: Abate (23/0 d), Montolivo (7/0 m), Bonaventura (19/3 m)
Chievo Verona: Pellissier (19/5 f, 2nd top scorer), Inglese (23/6 f, top scorer)(both doubtful), Hetemaj (18/0 m, suspended)

Sampdoria v Pescara Calcio
Sampdoria: no absences
Pescara Calcio: Bovo (1/0 d), Campagnaro (14/2 d), Mitrita (11/0 m), Pepe (12/0 m), Bahebeck (7/2 f), Gilardino (1/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Roma ground is the ultimate of wins with 12 of 12 victories, scoring 36 times and conceding just eight goals. Overall league has 17 to 26 over 2,5 and 10 to 12 over 2,5 home. Napoli whole league has 17 to 26 over 2,5 and goal goal, while away from home has 10 to 12 over 2,5 and 8 to 12 goal goal. The two groups have the two best offensive lines in class and can score with ease
AS ROMA vs SSC NAPOLI @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.60

Roma v Napoli

This should be an excellent game and anything other than victory will all but signal the end for each sides Serie A dream. Roma were really poor midweek v Lazio but it didn't surprise me. Only the elite teams in Europe (Madrid/Barca/Bayern/PSG) can realistically compete on all fronts during the course of the season and had you asked the Roma boys which fixture (if one) they choose to lose to Lazio it would probably be in the cup.

The visitors are very, very dangerous and if they bring their A game they will cause Roma all sorts of problems. But I can't help feel Roma will edge this. Their (h) record is ridiculously good winning 12/12 so far in Serie A. Recently, they have put 4 goals past Samdoria, Torino and Fiorentina. They also have a fresh squad and Nangolaan has been included despite knock in midweek.  

Napoli have 3 defeats in 4 in all competitions, and despite the fact the defeats were at the hands of top quality opposition (Atalanta, Juve and R Madrid) they will be facing more of the same in Roma. Sarri has also never beaten Roma.

For those that like a stat, Napoli haven't won in Rome since 2012.

ROMA WIN at 2.05

Edited by Icongene

Roma vs Napoli

Roma need points to close with Juventus,draw means lose for them ( with perfect record this season at home and vs napoli record H2H )..other side Napoli need to play again real madrid,Winning Seria A title is far already for them,Napoli target to secure champion league spot for next season,they just need play safety and draw with roma,and fight Madrid in champion league that they still have chance to go to next round.

UNDER 3 at 1.90 its good for me

Serie A:

Roma have won their last 5 home games against Napoli in all competitions.
AC Milan are undefeated in their last 20 games against Chievo in all competitions.
Roma have won with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 4 games in Serie A.
Pescara have lost with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 4 away games in Serie A.

Interesting 39 Football Betting Streaks for 04.03.2017 ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-streaks-04-03-2017

4 hours ago, yoju82 said:

Roma vs Napoli

Roma need points to close with Juventus,draw means lose for them ( with perfect record this season at home and vs napoli record H2H )..other side Napoli need to play again real madrid,Winning Seria A title is far already for them,Napoli target to secure champion league spot for next season,they just need play safety and draw with roma,and fight Madrid in champion league that they still have chance to go to next round.

UNDER 3 at 1.90 its good for me

Welcome to the forum, mate! Great to see a new face in the Serie A thread. It's been a cruel mistress this season so you must be a sucker for punishment!

Wow. Roma were taken to the cleaners today. A very bad performance and Napoli deserved everything they got.

Is this a Roma blip and are they 'fatigued' as the coach denied before the start of the game today? 

3 bad performances in a short space of time.

i'm not too sure it's wise to back overs on atalanta v fiorentina. i for once think this could be very underish match. it goes against any logic as atalanta have been scoring plenty and fiorentina leaking too many goals. i just feel fiorentina may wish to shut up shop and frustrate the opposition. i'm going to back no goals in this match with small stakes.

I am again on Lazio today...odd is maybe little bit bigger then I expected, but I think bookies set nice line. I read on some forums 'Lazio is tired' I actually do bot belive in those things, come one they are earning milions and cant take 2 matches in 4 days?! Of course they can and they must... Bologna is beside last 3 teams the worst in league, they just dont have team for Seria A, but they are luckily cause Crotone, Palermo and Pescara are here :)

Lazio need win to keep race for Europe, and I think they will deliver it...

And what also cought my eye, odd on Udine - Juventus for over 2.5, odd is 2.10, hmmmm, think bookies made mistake here, I expect 3 goals here...

Good luck you all!!

And for other matches, I think noone need advice that Torino will win against Palermo, no need to discuss that...I think we can see some goals in Cagliari - Inter but also Inter to win...nice value for goals in Sassuolo match, 1.95 for over 2.5 and Sassuolo during whole seasone deliver us goals, Crotone already in Seria B so they can go and give us some action...

6 hours ago, Punki85 said:

I am again on Lazio today...odd is maybe little bit bigger then I expected, but I think bookies set nice line. I read on some forums 'Lazio is tired' I actually do bot belive in those things, come one they are earning milions and cant take 2 matches in 4 days?! Of course they can and they must... Bologna is beside last 3 teams the worst in league, they just dont have team for Seria A, but they are luckily cause Crotone, Palermo and Pescara are here :)

Lazio need win to keep race for Europe, and I think they will deliver it...

And what also cought my eye, odd on Udine - Juventus for over 2.5, odd is 2.10, hmmmm, think bookies made mistake here, I expect 3 goals here...

Good luck you all!!

I agree and will bet on Lazio aswell. Bologna has a weak defence and the team loses a lot of goals in the second half of the game.
Lazio will surely score at least one. So my bet is Lazio Asian -1 (2.5 with money back if lazio wins with one goal).
Im also thinking about a bet on more goals in the second half (2.0).

I think I will take Lazio here too. Everything points towards the the (a) side. Bologna are just mentally all over the place and Lazio should win on current for around 66% of the time.

It will be a closer game than imagined though and probably only a goal in it I think.

EDIT: WIN and never really in doubt. What is it with Lazio and missing clear cut chances when I have a bet on them. It happened  v AC Milan the other week too. They should have been going into HT 3/4 goals to the good and game over, bet won. Bologna came into it 2nd half after the Lazio missed chances but they are just so, so poor. 

Great run for Lazio at the moment and It'll be interesting to see if they can sustain it.

ps Inzaghi, stop playing Anderson, he's pish.

Edited by Icongene

So as planned, Lazio did the job, what we've seen recently from them makes me confident they could climb in the table and will be a "quite safe to bet on" team for the end of the league... Atalanta didn't reach expectations against fiorentina though, but when betting on them,, always consider DnB, but this team never loose..!

And of course Torino win at home, Inter was brillant at Cagliari, maybe we'll see Roma and Napoli hit a decline, with many games, european cups, we could end up with Lazio and Inter in CL next year with Juve!