** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

FA Cup 1st Round > Nov 4th - 7th

facup1st1.jpg.b64cae9da59427b898765ddc3ffacup1st2.jpg.3429cb89e56279540978f46afefacup1st3.jpg.37cae07b22fc55adad51f66f0c

FA Cup 1st Round weekend this coming weekend. One of the most exciting times of the year, particularly for those who love a punt on this competition. It's all about the handicaps and the accumulators here but will you manage to avoid the dreaded giant-killings that come each year? What are you guys thinking will be the shock results amongst these?

Alfreton Town to beat Newport County stands out for me. Think Eastleigh could also give Swindon a tough game. @addpea, keen to see you venture out of the non-league section to give your thoughts on this!

Hahaha, yeah, I saw that after I posted this. Never mind. Got enough Football League and non-league punters around here to get some decent tips in. Agree about the double chance on the away teams. I remember 10-15 years ago where a lower-placed away side would very rarely get the win but the gap in talent between the tiers of the league system are shortening so they are more likely to happen.

One away side that stands out for me is Brackley to potentially beat Gillingham. The Gills are at sixes and sevens right now without a win in 8 matches I think? The FA Cup will either be the respite from league action they need or a further punch to the gut.

18 hours ago, bromsgrovegreen said:

I also fancy Oxford to take care of Merstham comfortably, the pitch is decent and Merstham try to play good football according to their manager which should suit Oxford down to the ground.

Oxford minus 1 evens,

Oxford htft evens

Oxford to win both halves 17-10

Oxford minus 2   9-4

Not a bad shout there @bromsgrovegreen. Nice to see someone take the angle of backing a favourite. There are just as many sides that will destroy lower-placed sides as there are that will suffer a shock defeat.

On a sidenote, how did your boys fair in the competition? I could check myself but I'd rather get a first-hand view point! Haha.