Monthly Naps Competition, Thursday 19th May 2016

4.00 Goodwood - Dessertoflife - win at 12/1 bog betvictor 

Fillies listed........minor Oaks trial which often throws up a decent horse or two

It's always tempting in these races to go for the 'sexy'........the lightly raced maiden winner from a big yard

But I think this time I'll go for the filly with the form in the book. My selection won a group race in Bermany last year and finished 4th in the Cheshire Oaks on reappearance after getting blocked in

She carries a penalty but is still rated some way above the others

It's quite possible that one of the lightly raced types will improve past her........but it's also possible that my selection will be a better horse this year -  as a middle distance type she probably wasn't seen at her best as a 2yo

2.20 GOODWOOD

PASTORAL PLAYER @ 25/1 Coral

This horse is suited by a fast pace and plenty of runners, he has a good course record, two of his best recent runs have come over CD on this type of ground.  Only beaten 1/2L off this mark at the back end of last year.  The Morrison stable usually do well in May and after a slow start to the month are starting to run well.  This is a big price but could go well.

Goodwood 2:20 : Scottish Glen @ 14/1 betvictor e/w thanks

Being a Scot the one for me is Scottish Glen from Patrick Chamings yard the 10yo was on a rich vain of form last season when he ran only 5 races winning 3 and twice 2nd he is also a C&D winner, Has won 11 races from 5f to 1m on good to firm and good to soft ground and on the all-weather , The yard brought him out 12 days ago at Lingfield 1m AW when 3rd of 9 runners beaten by 2 lengths with Franny Norton in saddle, The yard bring him back to 7f with Jim Crowley in the saddle,