** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monthly Naps Competition, Sunday 3rd April 2016

2:10 Carlisle Solway Prince @ 9/1 bet365 e/w thanks

Solway Prince.. from Miss L Harrison yard I like to back the string of Solway horses she has at yard this 7yo has only won once for yard but with young Callum Bewley claiming 3lbs that brings him down to that winning mark again and with him having a 3rd place finish in last race he could be in frame again in this Conditional Jockeys´ Handicap Hurdle

3.15 Curragh - Mr Right @ 20/1 Paddy Power

Master Speaker has to have a good chance with Ryan Moore booked as he got no sort of run the last day and was sure to go very very close. However he's only 2lbs better off with Bubbly Bellini and 1lb better off with Club Wexford so 4/1 is short enough for me. I preferred Mr Right at 20/1. He's progressed nicely on the all weather over the winter culminating with a 2nd in a race working out well. He has to prove himself on turf but he was tried over a variety of trips last season and probably not showing much so he just looks an improved horse this time around. Still lightly raced there's still scope for improvement off 71.

D3.30 Stake Acclaim 14/1 Bet365

Dean Ivory and Robert Winston show a really good profit when teaming up together (they also have an interesting runner in the first race here). This horse is near the bottom of the handicap and should love the ground. Drawn quite central which is where many of the jockeys thought was the place to be yesterday.

Donc 4.05 - Windshear - win at 9/4 bog bet265

Class 2 stakes contest over 12F

My selection won this race last year, goes best with cut in the ground and has had a pipe-opener on the AW.

To be fair he does look like a horse who's treading water........too high in the weights for handicaps but not good enough for group races

Today's level of race gives him a chance to win something providing there's not a runner who's an improver on his way up to group company

The main danger is Chancery who is a decent handicapper, won FTO last season and also is best on soft ground. He does however seem best over 10F and my horse might out-stay him in the finish

2 hours ago, Boulder5111 said:

D3.30 Stake Acclaim 14/1 Bet365

Dean Ivory and Robert Winston show a really good profit when teaming up together (they also have an interesting runner in the first race here). This horse is near the bottom of the handicap and should love the ground. Drawn quite central which is where many of the jockeys thought was the place to be yesterday.

Non runner now so I'll go for the same trainer/jockey combo in the first.....

D1.50 Harlequin Striker 10/1 Ladbrokes

2:40 at the Curragh is a 6f fillies maiden and the horse I expect to win this is the Kevin Prendergast trained Acclamation filly Sufoof. Owned by Skh Hamdan she's had plenty of racecourse experience and has had a pipe opener already over C&D a fortnight ago. She was a good second to a smart looking sort trained by Jim Bolger that day. The ground should be fine, it looks to be similar today as it was LTO. The in form Chris Hayes gets the ride and Sufoof can put the good experience to use here and win against afew decent looking types in the field.

Sufoof 5/2 @ StanJames  

3.50 Curragh: Joailliere @ 9/1 VC

Still unexposed, Joailliere promised allot when winning impressively on her debut last season. Subsequently fancied for the 1000 Guineas she bombed out and was put away for the rest of the season. She made her comeback in the Park Express Stakes two weeks ago, she looked nice in her coat and travelled notably well until the 2f marker, when she got tired over a trip possibly stretching her stamina. She still finished 3rd. Most likely in better shape today, with the drop in trip sure to suit as well as the ground, she should have a decent chance in a wide open race.