** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Monthly Naps Competition, Friday 26th February 2016

250 Exeter: Midnight Jazz 4/1 bet365/skybet

Interesting race and they make Pemba the hot favourite for winning a rubbish race at Catterick, her win before that she finished alone. She ha been given a fair mark of 120 for her handicap debut but still, she hasn't beat anything as yet. She does get the 4yo allowance which is useful it has to be said.

Midnight Jazz won 2 competitive novice hurdles last season and ended up being 3rd in a Listed contest behind Stephanie Frances. This season she has been 3rd to Blue Buttons in Listed company and last time out was 4th to Lily Waugh at Cheltenham in a Class 2 handicap. Its very solid form which ever way you want to slice it and must be the value at the prices today.

3.55  Exeter

RETURN SPRING @ 13/2 Fred

Has only run twice in class 3 events since 2013, in fact 5 of his last 6 runs have been in class 1 events.  Last two wins have come off marks of 134 and 138 and runs off 127 today.  Proven on this type of ground and plenty of form in races in excess of 3m.  Trainer bang in form with three winners and three thirds in his last seven runners.

4.25 Ex - Milansbar - win at 5/2 bog bet365

Novices handicap chase over 3 miles

My selection is an out and out stayer having won over further than this over hurdles. The stiff track and soft ground should make this a test of stamina and my fellow shouldn't be found wanting !

I also think the handicapper might have let him in lightly in his first handicap chase with a rating 4lbs less than his last winning mark over hurdles, which was less than a year ago

Ran pretty well last time in a small field at Newbury to finished 2nd to Out Sam who looks useful (and also well handicapped now)

3.55 Exeter - Finish The Story e/w @ 14/1 Betvictor

The one I like is Finish The Story who set a personal best when 2nd to Golden Chieftain on penultimate start who has really franked the form. Finish The Story hit 1.45 in running and probably did a little bit much too soon when getting into a battle down the back straight so is probably a little bit better than the form as well. I can excuse his next run when he went off too quick in heavy ground and had to be pulled up. He clearly looks a better horse this year, will stay this trip well and with the ground not looking too bad hopefully he'll get a better ride and looks the type to get involved at 14s.

3.35 Lingfield: Majestic Myles @ 10/1 Ladbrokes

Well suited to this trip and track and won well a claimer lto. More is required here but should be well capable of going close in this class off the current mark with a fair 7lb claimer in the saddle. 

6 hours ago, Trotter said:

4.25 Ex - Milansbar - win at 5/2 bog bet365

Novices handicap chase over 3 miles

My selection is an out and out stayer having won over further than this over hurdles. The stiff track and soft ground should make this a test of stamina and my fellow shouldn't be found wanting !

I also think the handicapper might have let him in lightly in his first handicap chase with a rating 4lbs less than his last winning mark over hurdles, which was less than a year ago

Ran pretty well last time in a small field at Newbury to finished 2nd to Out Sam who looks useful (and also well handicapped now)

Nice post :ok