Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread A message has appeared on the site....... "We are having some problems with the site which affect users' ability to log in. Users are advised not to try to log in. We are working to resolve the situation as quickly as possible and apologise for the inconvenience"

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I did a quick shortlist of horses last night to look into further this morning but couldn't get on the RP site so decided to leave it for today, wouldn't have backed all of them but so far 8 winners from the shortlist.......just my luck that.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

I did a quick shortlist of horses last night to look into further this morning but couldn't get on the RP site so decided to leave it for today' date=' wouldn't have backed all of them but so far 8 winners from the shortlist.......just my luck that.[/quote'] Makes you wonder how much betting turnover will have suffered today !

So you totally depend on one source for your racing then?
Yes I do, basically.......I might glance at the Life and ATR but for studying a horse's back form it's got to be the Post Plus I have all my ratings and notes stored on there...........so if I use another site it's like starting entirely from scratch

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Thought you had given up on the 'my ratings' thing? Not reliable enough for my liking, always messing about with it, it seems. I do use the RP mainly but don't pay for it and never log in, just browse the cards nowadays. I pay a quid a day for Raceform, well worth it to me. You can store 4 lost of private ratings and have all the info, form, trends, system builder, stats and tons more i don't have time to look at! Some think its expensive but then again i don't go out on a Weekend and drink 10 pints, have a chinese on the way home, pay a fortune for a taxi and feel crap the next day either:lol (and its £34 to watch my local team Leicester play average football!) Its all relative I suppose.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Yeah i solely use the RP aswell, I am a member so it makes sense for me and it suits my needs, I don't do my own ratings or anything like that but I do like to look at Stats. I would usually do it all the night before but didn't get in until quite late on Friday morning. Not to worry.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Don't know if it's just me going loopy but the link to open the Log In page at the Post seems to have disappeared and been replaced by Twitter and Facebook logos......... Can't see it anywhere else........ Why on earth do they keep messing about with the Log In..........:wall

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread It looks like the Post is in the process of removing some features from the basic (cheapest) membership package Every time I try to open the Spotlight comments it invites me to upgrade to the next package up I'm getting fed up with them !

It looks like the Post is in the process of removing some features from the basic (cheapest) membership package Every time I try to open the Spotlight comments it invites me to upgrade to the next package up I'm getting fed up with them !
​Sooo you get to read the info you want to read if you pay more ?

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread just read this else where Hi All! Just got an email from racing post. the security on racingpost.com has been breached over the last 36 hours, in a sophisticated, sustained and aggressive attack. One of our databases was accessed and customer details were stolen. .......etc. Please READ YOUR EMAILS from racing post for details and advise!

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Crikey! Take a look at the betting in the 5.10 at Wolverhampton - Silver Six Lane already cut from 20 to 7/2 with Bet365. Looks well in on the best of his form and that drop back in trip looks like its gonna help. Be interesting to see how he goes.

Crikey! Take a look at the betting in the 5.10 at Wolverhampton - Silver Six Lane already cut from 20 to 7/2 with Bet365. Looks well in on the best of his form and that drop back in trip looks like its gonna help. Be interesting to see how he goes.
Very interesting! I was told Brown Pete should go well in that race, had a nibble each-way, but that Shaw gamble has me worried now.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread taken from racing post: Cue Card team admit virus is an issue at yard THE Cue Card camp on Monday made clear their belief that bookmakers are right in making him the one to beat in next Thursday’s William Hill King George VI Chase – but trainer Colin Tizzard sounded a note of caution when he revealed his stable has struggled all season with a virus that has affected the performance of many of his horses. Tizzard confirmed son Joe will seek to repeat the front-running tactics that paid off with victory in last month’s Betfair Chase and stressed that last season’s Boxing Day defeat will not play on his mind as he approaches jumping’s winter classic. However, Tizzard – whose dual Cheltenham Festival winner is the sponsor’s 5-2 Kempton favourite – did admit the virus hitting his yard’s fortunes would be a factor in his pre-King George thinking and suggested Cue Card could have been suffering from the infection when third on his reappearance in the Haldon Gold Cup at Exeter. The seven-year-old had King George rivals Dynaste, Silviniaco Conti and Long Run back in second, third and fourth when posting a four-and-a-half-length success in a vintage running of the Haydock prize, but victory there represented one of only 15 by Tizzard-trained horses in a season in which they have managed just a nine per cent strike-rate. “We’ve had a bug, there’s no two ways about it,” said Tizzard. “I don’t want to make out it’s a big issue, but it is an issue. “Quite a few of the lesser horses haven’t been running up to scratch and some of them have been atrocious. When Masters Hill ran in the Badger Ales at Wincanton he hit one and then stopped like he’d been shot. “Third Intention has had it as well. We’ve had a low-grade virus and we’ll have it for the rest of the season. They all look lovely until you run them but then they don’t run so well. “Cue Card might have had it in the Haldon as he didn’t run quite so well that day. It’s not like a cold because there’s nothing visible. It makes the muscles twist and then when they run they tweak something. “I thought Cue Card jumped a bit tight at Exeter whereas he was the most beautiful, fluent horse at Haydock. We don’t want him coughing on Christmas Day and although we can’t stop it we’ll take every precaution.”

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Quiet period beckons for King yard after poor runs alan king who has had only one runner since the middle of last week, has revealed that a mystery malaise appears to be afflicting some horses in his yard. Writing in his column for the current edition of the Weekender, on sale now, King said that tests had failed to unearth the cause of several disappointing recent runs. "Although we have had a marvellous start to the season, I was relieved when Our Phylli Vera won at Plumpton on Monday as things could have gone better over the last couple of weeks. Several of our horses seem to have lost a bit of spark," King writes. "We have had one or two really disappoint when we were happy with them going into their races and we are struggling to put our finger on exactly what the problem is. "We have done some tests and, while one or two of the scopes have been unsatisfactory, on the whole they have been clear and none of the horses is coughing. "We have had a lot of runners in the past couple of months and have been fairly hard on them up to this point which may have taken the edge off them. We will work away quietly and have a few runners, but nothing like the normal numbers for this time of year." King has sent out 47 winners this season for a strike-rate of 21 per cent, but the yard's recent form have been less impressive. Our Phylli Vera was his first winner since December 3. King has three runners on Wednesday, two at Newbury - Midnight Prayer in the 12.40 and Fine Words in the 2.45 - and one at Ludlow, Midnight Cataria in the 3.00.