** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

Really sad news to here that Chriselliam has been put down due to a foot infection. She was so impressive at the Breeders Cup
FFS! That's horrible. Would have been great to see what she would have been able to achieve in 2014. She was so promising. :(

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Photo finishes in the first 3 Kelso races today.. Am surprised that the first 2 winners were available at higher prices than the two that came second, after the races on Betfair, when i, at least, could clearly see who the winners were.. Had no idea in the third race though...

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Probably most have seen Variety Club romping to victory in Dubai today... but if not below is the race replay. What a performance after the long break, having to travell around the globe due to the harsh quarantine regulations for South African horses, first time on the All-Weather, sweating like mad before the race... and still hard on the bridle approaching the home straight and hands and heels an easy winner. Sure he was entitled to win this in such a way on pure form, but things mentioned above have to be taken into account as well, and therefore absolutely breathtaking his performance today.Will come on allot for this run, surly. Fell in love with the champ couple of years ago, love the way he always overcomes the widest of draws with the gate speed of a sprinter, winning it the hard way from the front often. His ability to find another gear when it matters is fantastic and his big stride is simply impressive. He won nine on the bounce now. I hope they won't go the World Cup route however because he is simply not as good over 10f as over 1m. He got beaten in South Africa over that sort of trip and there are these kind of races often not run at an overly strong pace and there is reason why he didn't run in the J&B Met (10f) last year after he won the Queen's Plate over 1m so impressively, but rather dropped in trip to 7f until his last Grade 1 win over 1m again. Well, if he has his own way up on front and can be setting very slow fractions, it wouldn't be out of this world for him, obviously. He finished a strong 2nd against Jackson in the Cape Derby(10f), yet his optimum is no doubt 1m and it would be just fantastic to see him in the Queen Anne at Ascot this year...

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Anyone remember this race in 2005?

In December 2005 at Leopardstown racecourse near Dublin, in the two-mile, one furlong Paddy Power Dial-A-Bet Chase eventually won by Hi Cloy, the Irish jockey Roger Loughran riding 11-4 shot Central House appears to have ridden the perfect race, delighting those who had placed horse racing bets on him. Central House jumps the last fence just in front of four other horses (including double Queen Mother Champion Chase winner Moscow Flyer) all of whom are still in with a shout. But on the run-in, Roger and Central House appear to have timed their run to the line to absolute perfection. Thanks to some very strong riding from Roger, Central House just clings on to ‘win’ by a neck from Hi Cloy, Fota Island and Moscow Flyer – or at least that’s what he thinks he’s done. Sadly, Roger had mistaken an upright bundle of birch for the finishing line 'lollipop' and eased up on his mount around 70 yards from the line, believing he had won. He then compounded his error by standing up in his irons and extravagantly celebrating his close-run victory by punching the air with whip in hand - even though the jockeys either side of him were driving for the finish. Unfortunately Roger, then just 25, had only just turned professional mainly due to the strength of his riding on Central House – with whom he was looking for a third straight win. It was going to be his first big winner as a pro.

Had £25 on Central House, was so annoyed at the time, but it's quite funny looking back now! :lol

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I see they've been messing about on the RP site again.....all the tabs appear to have changed and got bigger Haven't noticed anything else apart from when you log in it says the level of membership in your name tab They can't resist fiddling around !...........:lol

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread On the Central House incident, Loughran spent many nights in the pubs and clubs the night before he was due to ride and a lot of the time he could hardly stand up. That is why he lost the number one in Hughes's yard. I never rated him as a jockey and his ride on the first race at Gowran on Saturday illustrates the point of how poor a judge he is! He hasn't changed his habits much nor will he. Anyone who puts him up on a fancied horse needs his head examined.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread [h=1]Crisford resigns as racing manager of Godolphin[/h] SIMON Crisford has resigned as racing manager of Godolphin. His shock departure comes less than a fortnight after the publication of a report by Lord Stevens, which was critical of Godolphin and other parts of Sheikh Mohammed's equine operations but concluded that Mahmood Al Zarooni acted alone in the doping scandal that engulfed the stable last year. Crisford, one of the most widely respected figures in British racing, said on Monday night: "Having dealt with the events of last year and seen the Lord Stevens inquiry through to its conclusion, I thought that this was a good moment to bring my time at Godolphin to a close. "I had felt for a while that I would like a fresh challenge. I think the time is right for a new start for the stable and for me. Sheikh Mohammed has asked me to take on a new role as his global racing adviser. I am delighted to have accepted that position and I am very much looking forward to what will be an exciting new chapter for me." taken from racing post

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread The 'under-orders' rule is a nightmare if you're on the wrong side of it. What I will say though is at least you were spared the agony of watching it. I had a bet on a race in Ireland a few weeks ago, tape went up with the horse not interested and about 30 lengths away from everything. Not withdrawn, and left to watch it plod around about 4 fences behind for 3 miles.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

The 'under-orders' rule is a nightmare if you're on the wrong side of it. What I will say though is at least you were spared the agony of watching it. I had a bet on a race in Ireland a few weeks ago' date=' tape went up with the horse not interested and about 30 lengths away from everything. Not withdrawn, and left to watch it plod around about 4 fences behind for 3 miles.[/quote'] Had the same thing happen many many times, it will never happen BUT punters should be paying FOR A RUN, if the horse does not RUN we should get our cash back.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Pity Murtagh has retired. He was one of the best and went out on top. He was usually very reliable on a good one. Training is a different ball game and he has already pulled off a few gambles. It will take a while to get used to how he trains and where he targets so will keep my eyes open.