Naps Competition Day 2 ~ Monday July 13th

Wetherby 3:45 Gabrial´s Hope @ 14/1 Corals e/w thanks Gabrial´s Hope.....from Tracy Waggott yard the 6yo use to be owned by Dr Marwan Koukash who named a lot of his horses with the name Gabrial but for some reason he sold this one in March 2014 to David Tate who's only seen him win once, The 6yo has won once and two 2nd places in the 15tn races he's ran since coming to the Waggott yard with his ratings once 67 is now down to 54 a mark that's only 2lb above the mark when he won for yard the place finishes marks where 58 and 63 , He showed signs 18 days ago that he may find the frame once again when he finished 4th at Newcastle 1m 2f where he was one pace inside final furlong and finished 2 1/4 lengths behind winner Outlaw Torn , Hopefully the yard done some more speed work and stamina wise he is a bit more stronger now , with him coming back a furlong and a new jockey Royston Ffrench in saddle may just to the trick

A4.35 In Focus 18/1 Coral This is the rank outsider here but the jockey is riding out of his skin and the horse won a couple of races back to back in July last year so may be about to hit form again. The following month the horse won again off a 14lb higher mark than the 2nd of those July wins and the horse is only 1lb higher now with arguably a better jockey on board so plenty of positives about an 18/1 shot I would suggest.

5.55 Wetherby: Slipper Satin 5/1 Hills/Betfred Good competitive race here albeit low quality stuff over 1m6f. I would like Rayadour if the rain came, (currently very wet here in Leicester) but on what I've got to go on i think the favourite Slipper Satin will take all the beating and 5/1 is good price, should be 7/2 max in my book. Only a 5yo and now beginning to show some form over this kind of trip, won very well at Redcar when last seen on the level, she led all the way and never looked in danger, similar race here with 7lbs more to carry but has since backed that good effort up with a solid second at Cartmel over hurdles behind a well handicapped horse Redclue who won twice in two days. I think she can defy her weight rise and will take some pegging back on track track.

Ayr 2.00 - The Knave - ew at 40/1 bog betvictor 2yo maiden Going for an outsider here from the Scott Dixon yard He often has them ready first time and this one has plenty of stamina for what could be a bit of a test Although this is his debut he's been declared twice before in May and June and been a NR.......both times went the ground came up a little soft, which it will today as well. Will he be a non runner again today ? He's a half brother to 7 winners

Wetherby 4.20 Altheroos (11/2 bet365 bog) If non runner Windsor 8.30 L'Ingenue Altharoos is probably a touch better than this, having won a class 3 back in 2013 when trained by Michael Stoute. He was only 8 of 15 last time out but previously he was a decent 2nd in a class 3 beaten only 3.5 lengths

3.30 AYR COSMIC CHATTER @ 11/2 Betvictor Was running in class 2 events this time last year and is much better than these on best form. Drops into a class 5 for the first time today. His run at Nottingham in May would give him a great chance here. Hasn't been with the Carr stable long and first time blinkers might just do the trick here

A4.35 In Focus 18/1 Coral This is the rank outsider here but the jockey is riding out of his skin and the horse won a couple of races back to back in July last year so may be about to hit form again. The following month the horse won again off a 14lb higher mark than the 2nd of those July wins and the horse is only 1lb higher now with arguably a better jockey on board so plenty of positives about an 18/1 shot I would suggest.
non runner so I'll have this one please..... W5.55 Thackeray 14/1 Paddy Power This one has been staying on well over shorter trips in many of its recent races and will be putting its best work in at the end here. Hopefully the jockey can not let the field get too far away and use the horses stamina to grind the field down late on. The horse is racing off its lowest ever handicap mark here and the trainers runners have been going better lately.

9.00 Windsor Royal Etiquette win 16/1 bet365 Give a chance to this slowly sliding down the weights. Only a dropped a lb from lto run and hasn't won off this high a mark but has placed off and above it , consistent on turf , won at course over further. Might do better