** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Nap of the Day - Thursday 2nd April 2015

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 2nd April 2015 2.50 Taunton - L'amiral David 1pt win @ 13/2 Bet365 This one hasn't shown much at all in 6 career starts but he makes his handicap debut here off a very low mark and comes here after having a wind op. We seen at the weekend what wonders a wind op did for another Alan King horse in Chatez so there could be plenty of improvement to come from this horse. Apparently this horse is one of few in the stable that can keep up with Chatez so that alone means he must be showing plenty at home. Stables runners aren't in the best of form but I am hopeful of plenty of improvement from this horse tomorrow.

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 2nd April 2015 4.30 Ludlow - Ascendant win @ 9/2 SkyBet Ascendant has won two races over course and distance this year so clearly has a liking for Ludlow. He has been in good form with the exception of an unseat and his 10th place finish in the Imperial Cup at Sandown. That wasn't a horrible run and he was probably out of his depth anyway so the return to a class 3 is a huge positive. I don't know a lot about the jockey but he has yet to finish outside of the money on this horse so looks a good booking.

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 2nd April 2015 Clonmel 7.05 Magical Mother 10/1 bet365 1 point win. Winner for me last time at 25/1 in a weaker race, but won it very nicely. Beat Ardmillan by 4 who has backed up the form very well with another 2nd place off a pound higher. The rest of the field was useless and she'd want to have beaten them pretty handily but that's exactly what she did. I think the 6 pound rise is quite lenient and the horse should go well again in a mediocre race. I think she's still ahead of the handicapper.

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 2nd April 2015 12:50 Maisons-Laffitte: ERVEDYA @ 6/4 Paddy Power Three times successful in five starts to date last season, ERVEDYA (2) makes most appeal for the Prix Imprudence (3yo Fillies' Group 3) third on the card at Maisons-Laffitte today, as she has the best form in the field on the evidence of her two solid placed efforts at Group 1 level in the Prix Morny (3rd) and Prix Marcel Boussac (2nd). Jean-Claude Rouget's trained-filly is tried for the first time to 7f, but it should be no issue, as this daughter of Siyouni proved effective over 5.5-6f as well over a mile since debut. Christophe Soumillon takes the ride and a big run is expected before going to better things in the Poule d’Essai des Pouliches (Group 1) at Longchamp.

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 2nd April 2015 Not sure where i should put this but i have two free passes for lingfield tomorrow for the AW Champs that i won, im not going to be able to make so if anybody would like them feel free to inbox and i will arrange the necessaries

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 2nd April 2015 Taunton 2:50 - Hawdyerwheest WIN @ 11/2 StanJames Ran a good race on his return when 2nd at Bangor and is now 2 pounds lower, so has to have a good chance here with natural progression expected.

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 2nd April 2015

2.50 Taunton - L'amiral David 1pt win @ 13/2 Bet365 This one hasn't shown much at all in 6 career starts but he makes his handicap debut here off a very low mark and comes here after having a wind op. We seen at the weekend what wonders a wind op did for another Alan King horse in Chatez so there could be plenty of improvement to come from this horse. Apparently this horse is one of few in the stable that can keep up with Chatez so that alone means he must be showing plenty at home. Stables runners aren't in the best of form but I am hopeful of plenty of improvement from this horse tomorrow.
Cheers for the info about the wind op - i try & keep a look out for these, but looking at the cards today i would've never known about this one - i reckon these things should be declared on the cards before hand..!

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 2nd April 2015

Cheers for the info about the wind op - i try & keep a look out for these' date=' but looking at the cards today i would've never known about this one - i reckon these things should be declared on the cards before hand..![/quote'] No bother mate, I only knew myself from reading it on the racing post app. Like you I think it's something that should be made known to the public on the race card

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 2nd April 2015 3.40 Wolverhampton - 1pt win Off The Pulse @ 7/1 (Bet365) The favourite isn't one to trust in my eyes, and my selection holds Perfect Cracker on two pieces of form from earlier in the year. Although that one has thrived since, this one has been off the track but remains fairly treated. Loves these conditions, usually runs his race and I see no reason why he can't uphold form already on the table if fit and ready to go. 7s is big.

Re: Nap of the Day - Thursday 2nd April 2015 230 Ludlow: Slowfoot Evens Sky/PP Short price but hopefully a winner. Jim Best regards this as one of his best hurdlers he's trained and has high hopes for a win here and then aim for something a lot bigger. Was talk of Aintree, maybe Punchestown but will have to take care of a Henderson previous winner here. McCoy booked and the ground is right.