** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

February 2 - February 8

Back Viktor Troicki to win ATP Zagreb for a 2/10 stake at 7.50 with BetVictor Back Gilles Muller to win ATP Zagreb for a 2/10 stake at 9.00 with BetVictor No really big names in the draw this time around, so I'll go with two players that were really good in Australia, especially since neither of them dislikes playing indoors. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-zagreb-betting-viktor-troicki-and-gilles-muller-look-value-in-zagreb-next-week

Re: February 2 - February 8 Back Gilles Simon to win ATP Montpellier for a 3/10 stake at 5.50 with Bet365 Simon has been drawn into the easier half of the two and I currently do like his chances against guys like Janowicz or Kohlschreiber, who seem to be the biggest threats to his chances before the finals. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-montpellier-betting-gilles-simon-to-capture-the-title-in-montpellier

Re: February 2 - February 8 Dustin Brown to beat Jerzy Janowicz 3.01 @pinnacle Brown can be a tricky opponent. Based on head2head between these players it's Brown who have beaten Janowicz twice. It's statistics that dates back to 2011 and 2012 that I base this hole beat on. Brown won on hardcourt in the same tournament two years in a row. I can't say that Janowicz have made enough progress to make this a bad bet. Sure Janowicz won two matches in Aussie open and won Winston-Salem open in august last year but now is a hole new tournament. I can say to anyone thinking of placing bets on Janowicz that it's quite risky so either dare to place a bet on Brown or don't bet at all. Edit: Brown and Janowicz goes head2head in Montpellier

Re: February 2 - February 8 I've placed an accumulator @ Paddypower consisting of the following. Accumulator (5) To Win ATP PBZ Zagreb Indoors M Baghdatis 2-0 @ 1.36 Set Betting Toni Androic v Marcos Baghdatis Androic is a 23 year old croatian wildcard player. Not mutch to say about this. I just can't picture any upset here. Baggy will or should take care of bussiness in straight sets. ATP Open Sud de France J Nieminen @ 1.80 Match Betting Jarkko Nieminen v Jan-Lennard Struff This one is a kind of tricky matchup but Jarkko have beaten Struff twice on hardcourt before in Helsinki challenger 2012 and 2013 both times in the semifinal. First in straight sets and the next in a decider that went to a tiebreak which Nieminen won 7 points to 5. Struff is tricky and rather hard to analyze but I don't think he can take down Nieminen on indoor hard. The surface where Nieminen thrives. It's one good reason that explains why Nieminen still is ranked 72. ATP Open Sud de France D Brown @ 2.75 Match Betting Jerzy Janowicz v Dustin Brown This pick I've already written about so I skip writing anything here about it. ATP PBZ Zagreb Indoors Total Sets Over 2.5 @ 2.25 Set Betting Borna Coric v Sergiy Stakhovsky I can't pick a winner in this matchup and I find it hard to believe anyone will win in straight sets. Coric will do his job holding serve and so will Stakhovsky. They both have similar form and an equal ranking and both are pretty good indoors. Indoor hard is by far the best surface for Stakhovsky. It's were he's won all his titles and ofcourse the surface he is most dangerous. Can't picture any less then 3 sets. African Nations Cup Ghana @ 1.83 Win-Draw-Win Ghana v Guinea This pick is irrelevant for this thread and it's already settled and Ghana won. If anyone can analyze this better or has any input about the picks please feel free to comment. I'm not overly confident about any pick except Baghdatis 2-0.

Re: February 2 - February 8 Sousa @ 1.35 He is definitely better player than Lokoli and I believe that this will be smooth win for Portugese. Unfortunately during the Australian Open he lost with Murray. I think that if he will not underestimate his opponent he will qualify to the second round.

Re: February 2 - February 8 Mate Delic (+1.5 sets) to beat Ivan Dodig @ 2.630 Pinnacle Mate Delic (+4.5 games) to beat Ivan Dodig @ 1.892 Pinnacle There's nothing in Delic's recent form to suggest that he can be competitive against Dodig, but as one of the better young players in the game and with the benefit of home surroundings I think he might surprise here. I wouldn't say that Dodig is playing all that well at the moment either, although he has done well at this tournament in the past. Even so, I think Dodig is too short and that Delic might offer some value. Giovanni Lapentti (+1.5 sets) to beat Thomaz Bellucci @ 2.540 Pinnacle Giovanni Lapentti (+5 games) to beat Thomaz Bellucci @ 1.877 Pinnacle This is speculative as Lapentti is currently ranked outside the top 200 in the world and Bellucci generally goes well on South American clay, but what draws me towards siding with Lapentti is the location of this tournament. Quito is one of the highest cities in the world, something which Lapentti will be used to as he is Ecuadorian. Bellucci might have difficulty with the conditions and then again he might not, but at this price I'll take a chance that Lapentti gains some advantage as the home player.

Re: February 2 - February 8 3 PICKS FOR ATP MATCHES TODAY AND TOMORROW: MONTPELLIER: JANOWICZ-BROWN OVER 22 GAMES @ 1.62 on pinnaclesports First week of the European indoors season, both players coming from Australian Open, Janowicz is a favorite but expect it to be a long close match MONTPELLIER: DE SCHEPPER-ILHAN OVER 21.5 GAMES @ 1.59 on pinnaclesports De Schepper is one of the top-10 servers but Ilhan has good return of serve, probably a long 3 set match. ZAGREB: CORIC-STAKHOVSKY OVER 22 GAMES @ 1.81 on 5dimes (1.77 on pinnaclesports) A match between two players playing at the similar level, both love quick indoors court and Zagreb has probably a quickest indoor court in ATP.

Re: February 2 - February 8 Back J.Janowicz/D.Brown - Tie-Break in a Match - Yes for a 7/10 stake at 2.00 with Bet365 I like the look of this bet at evens, I'd actually have the odds the other way around here given the match-up and the fast conditions. Neither player is that great on return, after all. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/janowicz-vs-brown-betting-at-least-one-tight-set-is-to-be-expected-in-the-match-between-janowicz-and-brown

Re: February 2 - February 8 Back Borna Coric to beat Sergiy Stakhovsky for a 7/10 stake at 1.87 with Pinnacle Time for Coric to start winning again I'd say. He's the more talented guy of the two and he's always been rather good in home conditions, so I'd have him around 1.70 here in all fairness. His shot-making should also match well against Stakhovsky's net play. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/coric-vs-stakhovsky-betting-borna-coric-to-get-back-on-track-with-a-first-round-win-in-zagreb

Re: February 2 - February 8 Lokoli to Beat Sousa Experience has thought me in the past that the week after a slam is always the most profitable if you hearty enough to not be swayed by names and odds. It is simply because most players who have played in the slam find it difficult to maintain the same enthusiasm going into a lesser tournament. More like looking forward to work on Monday after a groovy weekend. Sousa might be a better player than Lokoli, but we all know that better players do not always win. In fact, the scenario is set right in my opinion for Lokoli being the home player and the one who should have more hunger. I cannot see this going any other way especially with the Lokoli odds shortening positively over the last hour. Good luck!!

Re: February 2 - February 8

Sousa @ 1.35 He is definitely better player than Lokoli and I believe that this will be smooth win for Portugese. Unfortunately during the Australian Open he lost with Murray. I think that if he will not underestimate his opponent he will qualify to the second round.
+ 2:0

Re: February 2 - February 8 Back Blaz Kavcic to beat Mikhail Youzhny for a 7/10 stake at 2.67 with Pinnacle Youzhny on a giant losing streak, can't trust him at all right now. Kavcic is no world beater, I'll give you that, but he played two tight matches against the Russian back when Youzhny was still really good, so chances are that he's going to get the job done this time around. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kavcic-vs-youzhny-betting-blaz-kavcic-looks-value-against-the-seemingly-semi-retired-russian

Re: February 2 - February 8 Back Robin Haase to beat Andreas Seppi for a 7/10 stake at 3.60 with BetVictor A good chance for Haase I'd say, Seppi might find it hard to compete at this level after such a good run in Melbourne (and might also be tired physically/mentally). With Haase being the bigger hitter of the two, which should count for something in the Zagreb conditions, I'm happy to have a play on him at odds this big. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/haase-vs-seppi-betting-robin-haase-has-what-it-takes-to-upset-andreas-seppi-in-zagreb

Re: February 2 - February 8 Back Marton Fucsovics to beat Daniel Gimeno-Traver for a 6/10 stake at 3.90 with Pinnacle The altitude should help Fucsovics to dominate on serve and Gimeno-Traver might also be tired after his run last week, so I feel that this is worth a punt at 3.90. I can understand the Spaniard being a big favorite here, but Fucsovics is certainly not as bad as the odds suggest. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/fucsovics-vs-gimeno-traver-betting-marton-fucsovics-could-do-some-damage-against-daniel-gimeno-traver

Back Robin Haase to beat Andreas Seppi for a 7/10 stake at 3.60 with BetVictor A good chance for Haase I'd say, Seppi might find it hard to compete at this level after such a good run in Melbourne (and might also be tired physically/mentally). With Haase being the bigger hitter of the two, which should count for something in the Zagreb conditions, I'm happy to have a play on him at odds this big. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/haase-vs-seppi-betting-robin-haase-has-what-it-takes-to-upset-andreas-seppi-in-zagreb
Good bet, i saw Seppi/Youzhny and Seppi was very poor.

Re: February 2 - February 8 Back Joao Sousa to beat Tobias Kamke for a 8/10 stake at 1.71 with Pinnacle Nothing speaks for Kamke here - Sousa has a 2-0 record against him, he struggled to get past Millot in the first round, and he also had a pretty rough start to the season in Australia. The man from Portugal should take this much more often than not. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sousa-vs-kamke-betting-joao-sousa-to-complete-his-hat-trick-over-tobias-kamke-today

Re: February 2 - February 8 Back Sergiy Stakhovsky to beat Mikhail Youzhny for a 8/10 stake at 1.83 with Ladbrokes Youzhny played awfully against Kavcic yesterday, only pulling through because Kavcic self-destructed in the third set. This would actually be my first 10/10 bet of the year, but I'm worried about Stakhovsky respecting Youzhny too much (they play a lot of doubles together) and being tight because of that, so I'm not going to go in with full stakes. Full preview her: http://www.punterslounge.com/stakhovsky-vs-youzhny-betting-sergiy-stakhovsky-to-defeat-mikhail-youzhny-in-zagreb

Re: February 2 - February 8 Back Jarkko Nieminen to beat Steve Darcis for a 7/10 stake at 2.07 with Pinnacle I'd have the odds the other way around here in all fairness. The form speaks for Darcis, of course, but look at the guys he's played against - Nieminen will be a step up from them and he's actually done nothing wrong since the start of the season either. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nieminen-vs-darcis-betting-jarkko-nieminen-looks-value-against-steve-darcis-in-montpellier

Re: February 2 - February 8 Back Alejandro Falla to beat Paolo Lorenzi for a 7/10 stake at 2.37 with Ladbrokes A complete coin-flip I'd say, so I'm happy to go with the big odds here. Lorenzi might be the slightly better player of the two, but he's done very little since the start of the season and he looked rather shaky in the first round here as well, so Falla should have every chance to win this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/falla-vs-lorenzi-betting-alejandro-falla-to-upset-paolo-lorenzi-in-quito

Re: February 2 - February 8 Back Dudi Sela to beat Denis Istomin for a 7/10 stake at 2.05 with Pinnacle Istomin is yet to win a match in the new season, while Sela seems to be doing fairly well at the moment, so I'll back the man from Israel here at odds against. The conditions were supposed to trouble him in the first round, but they didn't, so why exactly should he be the underdog in this one? Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sela-vs-istomin-betting-dudi-sela-to-defeat-denis-istomin-on-thursday

Back Dudi Sela to beat Denis Istomin for a 7/10 stake at 2.05 with Pinnacle Istomin is yet to win a match in the new season, while Sela seems to be doing fairly well at the moment, so I'll back the man from Israel here at odds against. The conditions were supposed to trouble him in the first round, but they didn't, so why exactly should he be the underdog in this one? Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sela-vs-istomin-betting-dudi-sela-to-defeat-denis-istomin-on-thursday
Czech, what do you think about Lopez? 2-0?

Czech' date=' what do you think about Lopez? 2-0?[/quote'] If you ask me I would be careful about Lopez if you think about Feliciano because he's got no matchpractice whatsoever in almost a year on clay and he's facing Alejandro Gonzalez and that guy is all about clay. If you mean G G-Lopez I would be careful about him to. It's not unlikely that Dzumhur takes a set. Edit: Feliciano have'nt played on clay since 10th of July last year and clay is not even his best surface and Alejandro beat him in Houston last year. Even though Lopez did retire after he had lost first set and played 2 games of the second it does'nt look too good for him in Quito.

If you ask me I would be careful about Lopez if you think about Feliciano because he's got no matchpractice whatsoever in almost a year on clay and he's facing Alejandro Gonzalez and that guy is all about clay. If you mean G G-Lopez I would be careful about him to. It's not unlikely that Dzumhur takes a set. Edit: Feliciano have'nt played on clay since 10th of July last year and clay is not even his best surface and Alejandro beat him in Houston last year. Even though Lopez did retire after he had lost first set and played 2 games of the second it does'nt look too good for him in Quito.
Yea, i forgot.. Feliciano :)) Feliciano played yesterday 1 match with Marach .. I go with Lopez win, i can't trust Gonzalez.

Yea' date=' i forgot.. Feliciano :)) Feliciano played yesterday 1 match with Marach .. I go with Lopez win, i can't trust Gonzalez.[/quote'] I can't trust Gonzalez either, but this has all the signs of a trappy match. If Lopez wins easily today, I may consider backing him in the next match, but there are just too many unknowns as far as I am concerned. Perhaps the optimal approach is, once again, to wait for the live betting, as there should be a stream for this. If Lopez looks decent enough in the first couple of games, he should be worth a punt.

Yea' date=' i forgot.. Feliciano :)) Feliciano played yesterday 1 match with Marach .. I go with Lopez win, i can't trust Gonzalez.[/quote'] You are really confusing. After my answer you know that he is not a claycourter and he has'nt played on clay since july and Gonzalez is 100% about clay but still you go with Lopez. Why don't you just pick another match? A rule when it comes to these smaller tournaments is to avoid matches like this with the highest seed going straight into round 2.

You are really confusing. After my answer you know that he is not a claycourter and he has'nt played on clay since july and Gonzalez is 100% about clay but still you go with Lopez. Why don't you just pick another match? A rule when it comes to these smaller tournaments is to avoid matches like this with the highest seed going straight into round 2.
Because he played 1 match with Marach and they won easy that match.

Re: February 2 - February 8 No, you can't think like that when you place a bet. Because a player the day before played a doubles match does'nt mean he will do well in singles. This year Rafael Nadal played and won a doubles match in Doha the day before he was about to meet Berrer in second round as the reigning champion and still he lost.

No, you can't think like that when you place a bet. Because a player the day before played a doubles match does'nt mean he will do well in singles. This year Rafael Nadal played and won a doubles match in Doha the day before he was about to meet Berrer in second round as the reigning champion and still he lost.
https://www.facebook.com/FelicianoLopezTP/photos/a.531616370253000.1073741825.286334411447865/772745886140046/?type=1&theater I hope isn't a mistake to show this link.

No, that's absolutely fine and I congratulate you for the winning pick :ok. Nonetheless, four-leaf does have a valid point there regarding the doubles.