Nap of the Day - Saturday 27th December 2014

Re: Nap of the Day - Saturday 27th December 2014 Chepstow 2:35: Summery Justice @ 40/1 bet365 e/w thanks Summery Justice....from Venetia Williams who saddles two in race this is the outsider of the two a 10yo has been a winner of a hurdle race and four chases from 2m 1f to 3m 2f on ground varying from good to soft to heavy, Its only had the one run this season 14tn days ago at Lingfield 3m heavy when second of 4 runners beaten by West End Rocker who was 4 lengths clear , Hopefully Venetia had this race in mind for owner Mrs H Brown and Venetia can get her usual Saturday big win , Liam Treadwell has been a regular jockey on board Summery Justice and has brought it home twice in the four chase wins.

Re: Nap of the Day - Saturday 27th December 2014 1:35 Limerick Letter of Credit is running in handicap company for the first time since running in the Irish Grand National. He wore a hood for the first time that day and it's interesting that on his drop back to handicap company the hood goes back on suggesting his last two runs were a prep for a race like this. He's dropped down to his last winning mark and does his best work on heavy so he looks a player here. He made a bad mistake at the beginning of a grade 2 race last time out before recovering well and closing at the finish so he'll relish the step back up to 2m 4f and the price looks appealing. Letter of Credit - Win @ 20/1 PaddyPower

Re: Nap of the Day - Saturday 27th December 2014 5.10 Wolverhampton - Indian Affair win @ 7/1 PaddyPower This is a very weak race and I feel that a horse that perhaps is not in the best of form but has a falling mark can win. Indian Affair fits the bill for me and this looks to be a nice opportunity for him to get back on track. This time last year he was rated 65 and even won off a mark of 70 in June 2013. He hasn't been in good form but I think a long time without a significant break could've taken it's toll which could be a reason for the drop in form in his last few runs. He finished 7th lto, in a stronger race, after a break of over 100 days and while the break should have freshened him up I think it is also fair to expect a better run this time out as he should be fitter. The first time tongue strap should also bring out some improvement and he should go well in this weak race.

Re: Nap of the Day - Saturday 27th December 2014 Chepstow 2.35 - Midnight Prayer (1pts win, 9/1 Bet365) Stamina is assured from this winner of the 4miler amateurs race at Cheltenham last year where he beat another prinicipal rival Shotgun Paddy. Returned in the Hennessy Gold Cup and finished a well beaten 9th of 19 but probably needed the run after not being seen since that Cheltenham win. Need luck in a big field like this but if he has a safe round I expect him to be right there at the end.

Re: Nap of the Day - Saturday 27th December 2014 Leop 12.50 - Blair Perone - EW at 16/1 bog wm hill Bit of a lop sided novice hurdle with a well odd on favourite who ought to win easily but is makng his hurdles debut and might no be entirely at home on heavy ground. My selection went off favourite in his debut in a Punchestown bumper, then won next time out. Was fairly well beaten on his hurdles debut last time but it was his seasonal reappearance and should come on a bit Apart from the favourite there doesn't appear to be much depth to this race.........potential fly in the ointment is tha my horse's trainer runs 2 others and they're all about the same in the betting. Of the three I just fancy mine might be more suited to the ground and might be a more promising type.

Re: Nap of the Day - Saturday 27th December 2014 2.35 Chepstow: Shotgun Paddy 10/1 bet365 Saw this horse last year at the Festival and again at Newbury on his seasonal bow which was over hurdles and a warm up for this race. Carries top weight but i don't think this is a quality renewal and i like horses targeted for races. I would dismiss anything that came out of the Hennessy for another month and that leaves the likes of Hawkes Point and Mountainous as dangers in my book.

Re: Nap of the Day - Saturday 27th December 2014 C1.25 Brownville 1pt Win 7/1 Bet365 Showed a great attitude when winning last time out in its first handicap with a tongue tie fitted for the first time. The horse will be progressive and is unexposed so this higher handicap mark shouldn't be a problem and with the same jockey on board, looks sure to be in the shake up.

Re: Nap of the Day - Saturday 27th December 2014 Chepstow 12:55 - Ballyculla WIN @ 8/1 Betfred I had two Greatrex winners backed yesterday, the yard is flying at the moment and they have some good chances again today. Was beat by Minellahalfcentury here over course and distance recently but has a 10 pounds pull in the weights for that so must have each-way claims.